Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Online Multi Player Really That Important To You?

Not at all I hate the obsession with it. Red Dead Redemption has the best story in gaming but it’s like nobody cares. Story is everything to me

Shit Ultima was my favorite game.

That and Diablo.
But Ultima had a crazy storyline. Kill the wrong person or Rob the wrong dude......changes the whole game.

I'm from a time when online multiplayer had just started out. I ran through the original Doom, Doom II, and Heretic then discovered DWANGO, the OG for online multiplayer games. We're talking 94-95. When Quake dropped it was pretty much a wrap 'cause even though the game was good standalone, it really opened up with online play. After that, it became a must-have. Online is far more important to me than the story mode. Just to give an example: I bought the original Unreal back when it came out in '98. I didn't ever finish the story mode until me and my son went through it back in 2015. To this day I still haven't made it through Quake II's story mode. Even Starcraft: I've owned the OG Starcraft and the Broodwar expansion and never played through the story campaigns; it's been 100% online or LAN play with a couple of cats at the crib. I started playing Crysis in story-mode but still haven't gone through the whole game. Haven't run a single campaign on COD4 Modern Warfare either.

The problem is I get bored with the stories and shit. I play RPG games for their stories, I play FPS games to kill shit and the best way to do that is online multiplayer.

I dont fuck with online multi. I tried my hand at it on one of the Call of Dutys, man them lil muthafucks is John Wick with it.

A lot of them lil fuckwads cheat using aimbots. I know them bastards on CS:GO got 'em and it just fucks up everything and makes it so you don't even wanna play. Niggas gettin' one-shot kills with every gun??? Only way that's possible is with a head shot every time and that's hard to get at a distance yet these muhfuckas droppin bodies with punk ass Glock 18's like nerve gas.

with more and more games implementing cross play, this will definitely get me back into it though

depends on the game.. I don't think I ever finished a Halo story but multi with the homies/fam was some of the best shit ever

I always wanted to play Halo 'cause I was a huge Starsiege Tribes/Tribes 2 fan and Halo just looked like a natural evolution of that concept.

Co-op about the only online component that I care about. Other than that I'll always take a great single player experience

I'm from a time when online multiplayer had just started out. I ran through the original Doom, Doom II, and Heretic then discovered DWANGO, the OG for online multiplayer games. We're talking 94-95. When Quake dropped it was pretty much a wrap 'cause even though the game was good standalone, it really opened up with online play. After that, it became a must-have. Online is far more important to me than the story mode. Just to give an example: I bought the original Unreal back when it came out in '98. I didn't ever finish the story mode until me and my son went through it back in 2015. To this day I still haven't made it through Quake II's story mode. Even Starcraft: I've owned the OG Starcraft and the Broodwar expansion and never played through the story campaigns; it's been 100% online or LAN play with a couple of cats at the crib. I started playing Crysis in story-mode but still haven't gone through the whole game. Haven't run a single campaign on COD4 Modern Warfare either.

The problem is I get bored with the stories and shit. I play RPG games for their stories, I play FPS games to kill shit and the best way to do that is online multiplayer.

This makes sense. You pretty much play games that stick to their core. Because the stories to shooters be terrible. But shooters ain’t geared for deep ness

I heard ultima set the trend when it came out
It did.
Shit was crazy.

You had to make a map to remember where people were.
You had to remember what they needed to get the next thing from them that some other person asked for to get information about the location of some other shit. All while fighting.

Nigga straight up had to have notepad.

This makes sense. You pretty much play games that stick to their core. Because the stories to shooters be terrible. But shooters ain’t geared for deep ness

You would think that but the entire Kings Field series says otherwise. None of them had an online component to them, they're just good first person games with good stories and KF1 and 2 are two of my favorite games of all time.

A lot of them lil fuckwads cheat using aimbots. I know them bastards on CS:GO got 'em and it just fucks up everything and makes it so you don't even wanna play. Niggas gettin' one-shot kills with every gun??? Only way that's possible is with a head shot every time and that's hard to get at a distance yet these muhfuckas droppin bodies with punk ass Glock 18's like nerve gas.

giphy-9.gif

Muthafucka!! I never thought of that shit

Back