Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Lil Kim the most influential female rapper of all time?

Within the context of the O/P...........she is.

Simply because she fathered..............or, should I say "mothered".............all of these young birds' styles.

Not musically, but in terms of how they use their sexuality to further their careers.

Singers been doing that first though.

Madonna

Singers been doing that first though.

Madonna

We're talking about Hip-Hop though.

As far as solo MC's, most female MC's were along the lines of Mc Lyte and Queen Latifah.

Who wanted to be accepted as MC's first and didn't want to use their sexuality to promote their career.

As far as groups, Salt-n-Pepa never shied away from their sexuality.............but, for the most part, they did it tastefully and weren't as raunchy as the young ladies are today.

Sidenote, I didn't realize what they were talking about in........."Push-it".........until years after the song came out.

:hahaha:

the industry and labels would've pushed the same women to sexualize themselves even Kim wasn't around. they don't push someone like rapsody the same way they do cardi or nicki.

lmao saying she influenced other females to be oversexualized isn't the compliment you think it is

It's a lane that's put millions in pockets and blessed many... ??‍♂️

But yeah let's go into the morality of it all. Maybe that'll work.

:hahaha:

Yes and it's a bad thing. Set the standard that sex appeal mattered more than talent.

Although, like gangsta rap overtaking conscious rap, I suppose it was inevitable under the sheer brutality of Capitalism.

Nicki got the ass implants because she recognized this bullshit for what it was.

Back