Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Kendrick A Top 5 Storyteller?

Is Kendrick A Top 5 Storyteller?

• Total voters
The bold was all that needed to be said. Section 80 a dud? TPAB wack? You might need to get those ears checked.
What songs from Section 80 popped K Dot? Cause I can tell you swimming pool made him a household name

TPAB is wack b. Same ppl that praise it doesnt even listen to Tribe, Common, Dolls, Clan X, PE. He make an afrocentric record *King Kunta* in a time when being woke was in. Literally lightning in a bottle. Not to say it didn't have some cool tracks but overall it was wack. Females loved it and dudes followed suit

What songs from Section 80 popped K Dot? Cause I can tell you swimming pool made him a household name

TPAB is wack b. Same ppl that praise it doesnt even listen to Tribe, Common, Dolls, Clan X, PE. He make an afrocentric record *King Kunta* in a time when being woke was in. Literally lightning in a bottle. Not to say it didn't have some cool tracks but overall it was wack. Females loved it and dudes followed suit

So because the masses missed it that means it's a dud? Wasn't that TDE's first studio album? What was the promotion? None of that matters because the music was fire. You're worried about what made him pop instead of quality of music.

Every album Kendrick has dropped has been "woke". I'm starting to get the impression that you're not too familiar with his work. TPAB wasn't an outlier.

W

That could’ve been said 5 yrs ago.

Kendrick is nearly 10 years in. Niggas had jay, nas, Etcon lists after 2 albums.

Why does the newer generation have to wait 20 years? I’m not subscribing to it.
I aint saying niggas gotta wait 20 yrs. For me another album or two would throw him in the discussion

S80 and TPAB ain't it. He 2 for 4 for me personally. His features are hit and miss. When he on, he on. No doubt about it.

But he aint top 5. Nah, not giving him that cause he better than his peer group * which is largely weaker than most other peer groups*

I aint saying niggas gotta wait 20 yrs. For me another album or two would throw him in the discussion

S80 and TPAB ain't it. He 2 for 4 for me personally. His features are hit and miss. When he on, he on. No doubt about it.

But he aint top 5. Nah, not giving him that cause he better than his peer group * which is largely weaker than most other peer groups*

Section 80 & TPAB >>>>>>> Nastradamus and I Am

So because the masses missed it that means it's a dud? Wasn't that TDE's first studio album? What was the promotion? None of that matters because the music was fire. You're worried about what made him pop instead of quality of music.

Every album Kendrick has dropped has been "woke". I'm starting to get the impression that you're not too familiar with his work. TPAB wasn't an outlier.
TPAB was an outlier, sonically and subjectly. None of his previous projects sounded like it. Not even close. Clearly he was still finding his lane which has been the woke lane *continuing with DAMN

And yes, Section 80 was a dud. The music wasn't fire because...it went nowhere.

I groove to I anytime it come on

“I love myself”

“Alright” is a fuckin nigga spiritual

TPAB is easily one of the best rap albums ever made. That shit is just a ride though. It ain’t a album you can groove to all the way through but it’s enough groove to balance the heaviness. Some joints just gotta subtle bop til the groove come back

Damn is in the same vein but an easier listen

Dot storytelling is top notch though cause he don’t waste bars and get to the point while staying vivid with description.

Special special talent. I ain’t held Cole in the same regard since I dug into Dot pause and Cole is a great talent as well

TPAB was an outlier, sonically and subjectly. None of his previous projects sounded like it. Not even close. Clearly he was still finding his lane which has been the woke lane *continuing with DAMN

And yes, Section 80 was a dud. The music wasn't fire because...it went nowhere.

Yeah, you're unfamiliar or you wouldn't even make the claim that he became "woke" on TPAB. Kendrick puts the medicine in the candy so you may have missed it on Section 80 and GKMC.

The bold may be some of the silliest isht I've read on this site. So music can't be fire if the masses don't pick up on it?

Section 80 & TPAB >>>>>>> Nastradamus and I Am
Everyone knows the digital age ruined the IAm double album, stop it

But even if I agree.....Nas made up for those duds with great album. Everyone said Nas was done before Stillmatic. He had dropped out the top 5, 10 discussion.

Telling Kendrick to keep the great music coming is now an insult? The nigga ain't cemented his legacy. Not in my eyes

Everyone knows the digital age ruined the IAm double album, stop it

But even if I agree.....Nas made up for those duds with great album. Everyone said Nas was done before Stillmatic. He had dropped out the top 5, 10 discussion.

Telling Kendrick to keep the great music coming is now an insult? The nigga ain't cemented his legacy. Not in my eyes

I’m saying fam, despite your dislike for tpab and section 80, both albums have high reviews and are rated highly. He’s 4 for 4.

Not too many can say that, even y’all god nas.

Listen, I ain't here to knock Kendrick cause I'm a fan. I aint reached stan-dom yet however and don't care to knock his music anymore than I have

I see dude being top 10 maybe 5 when it's all said and done but as of 2019, he ain't there

I'll let the thread play out

You keep saying he not there to be in the conversation but not putting anything tangible out there as what puts him there. Just vague shit like a couple more projects. So two aight albums ? 2 more classics to very good? Dot gotta 6 for 6 although calabasas man didn’t ? Lol.

Dude is considered 4 for 4 . 1 without a doubt classic. & two others widely considered it. There are detractors but they’re the minority. And the 4th project is considered really good. Being in the contrarian camp doesn’t change none of that.

Niggas was calling Section 80 a classic in 2011? Yeah aight. I guess Comeback Season and The Warm Up are classics too.

Back