Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Bruce Lee the most overhyped fighter of all time?

Who would win the fight?

• Mike Tyson

• Bruce Lee

• Too close to call

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is like the ESPN article. It's a simple request of beating up bigger fighters. You give a 12 minute video of weird demonstrations (getting hit in the balls, and pulling trucks with their dicks and shit, haha). The fighter they did show wasn't even affiliated with the group.

? What more do you need. Clearly you miss the point how they train and how deadly they could be..or they actually did step into the ring with actual train fighters..ha ha

You ain't accepting the fact someone like Bruce Lee ain't over hype and someone of a Mike Tyson skillset couldn't beat him..

It's like cause they aren't going up against someone u would know. It aint valid for you..ha ha @The ignorance.

? What more do you need. Clearly you miss the point how they train and how deadly they could be..or they actually did step into the ring with actual train fighters..ha ha

You ain't accepting the fact someone like Bruce Lee ain't over hype and someone of a Mike Tyson skillset couldn't beat him..

It's like cause they aren't going up against someone u would know. It aint valid for you..ha ha @The ignorance.

Bruh, you're too old for this kind of naive hero worship.

You're saying guys can beat significantly larger elite fighters. I ask for something as basic as their fight history, and you act like it's a crazy request.

That's like I tell you someone could shit on players in the NFL, but he's never played... I've just seen him do drills.

WHERE ARE THE FIGHTS?! I don't want to see training.

The video you sent talked about Yi Long knocking out Adrienne Grotte. Here's their first fight. Skip to about 8:50 and you'll see Grotte knocking his ass out.

Bruh, you're too old for this kind of naive hero worship.

You're saying guys can beat significantly larger elite fighters. I ask for something as basic as their fight history, and you act like it's a crazy request.

That's like I tell you someone could shit on players in the NFL, but he's never played... I've just seen him do drills.

WHERE ARE THE FIGHTS?! I don't want to see training.

The video you sent talked about Yi Long knocking out Adrienne Grotte. Here's their first fight. Skip to about 8:50 and you'll see Grotte knocking his ass out.

First off I need you to stick what I specifically said. Because I said Bruce lee is not over hyped and Mike Tyson couldn't beat him doesn’t mean I am hero worshipping. You too old to be that ignorant.

And sec. I never implied that every small fighter can beat a train bigger fighter...I am saying its something that can be done.

I keep hearing there are weight classes, yea for a sanctions bouts..some of these fighters are students in the arts n living it not just to compete. Big difference.

And for some of the deadliest fighters this is a way of life and are trained not to fight if they can help it but still know how to kill a man no matter the size. My point of showing u the video

Like wrap your head around..a train fighter beating an OG who helped perfect/create the style or styles
they are using..

There's levels to this.

Last edited:
Ha ha u showing me that video like yi long wasn't dropping him w kicks and punches within secs of the fight, imagine if it wasn't in the ring n just outside...plus again I am not dealing in absolute..never said any fighter was forever "undefeated"

First off I need you to stick what I specifically said. Because I said Bruce lee is not over hyped and Mike Tyson couldn't beat him doesn’t mean I am hero worshipping. You too old to be that ignorant.

And sec. I never implied that every small fighter can beat a train bigger fighter...I stated its something that can be done.

I keep hearing there are weight classes, yea for a sanctions bouts..some of these fighters are students in the arts n living it not just to compete. Big difference.

And for some of the deadliest fighters this is a way of life and are trained not to fight if they can help it but still know how to kill a man no matter the size. My point of showing u the video

Like wrap your head around..a train fighter beating an OG who helped perfect/create the style or styles
they are using..

There's levels to this.

Where are these bodies then for these killers? Who are these Shaolin Monks fighting? You've never seen Bruce Lee fight. I've seen Mike Tyson become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. I can pull up Mike's fight history, and the fight history of his competition and watch it all.

What do you have for Lee? Demonstrations and hearsay about like 2-3 fights with people whose fight history you have no clue about? But you think he can beat up the guy like 80 lbs heavier that's proven himself over and over again against the top competition in the world?

That's childlike hero worship.

Where are the fights?

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Ha ha u showing me that video like yi long wasn't dropping him w kicks and punches within secs of the fight, imagine if it wasn't in the ring n just outside...plus again I am not dealing in absolute..never said any fighter was forever "undefeated"

The video wasn't to say he's not undefeated. People catch L's. The point was to show you're getting hype over tricks and demonstrations. The video shows them breaking what looks like a thick metal bar over their head. Then in a REAL fight, he got his chin checked and got KO'd.

So look at fights to determine how well someone fights. Not tricks they can do.

This backs up what I'm saying though.

Barry Sanders played in the league for 10 years, around 160 games, over 18,000 yards from scrimmage (top 10 all time). Everything people say about Barry is based on his ACTUAL performance against top competition. So when he's compared to greats, it's understandable why he's looked at so highly.

Same with Mike Tyson. He fought heavyweight champs and beat them. You can see the fights, and you can look at his opponents' fights to assess his level of competition.

40% of people aren't confident he could beat up Bruce Lee though. Run me his FIGHT credentials that explain that.... or is he overhyped?

Only time I've actually seen blood fight.
He definitely looks like a beast regardless of his opponents level.

Imo I think both tyson and lee are overhyped.

Lee because most of his fight accolades are hearsay. His contribution to modern day martial arts and Hollywood is massive tho.

Tyson because whenever cats talk about him they include what "could've been if". None of that shit matters. He was explosive and a top talent. Didn't live up to expectations tho and other than past their prime fighters I wouldn't put too many people who he defeated as greats.

🤷‍♂️

Only time I've actually seen blood fight.
He definitely looks like a beast regardless of his opponents level.

Imo I think both tyson and lee are overhyped.

Lee because most of his fight accolades are hearsay. His contribution to modern day martial arts and Hollywood is massive tho.

Tyson because whenever cats talk about him they include what "could've been if". None of that shit matters. He was explosive and a top talent. Didn't live up to expectations tho and other than past their prime fighters I wouldn't put too many people who he defeated as greats.

🤷‍♂️

That's a fake fight too though from what I've read. That was one of his students he was doing a demo with. Notice there's no ref and everyone is recording/taking pictures.

They can both be overhyped but Tyson is proven. That's what I'm saying. You're judging Tyson by who he fought, and how he did against them... who he proved himself to be. That's how every fighter is judged... except Lee.

With Lee I'm only saying overhyped as far as fighting. I'm not speaking on any kind of impact he had.

How many other people are mentioned with the greats, and spoke about as being better than greats, without ever performing?

It's kinda like the NFL combine. You may show up there and test well, but it doesnt mean anything until you're suiting up on Sunday.

John Ross is faster than Desean Jackson. But when Sundays come around, and it's time to prove what you can do, only one of them is great at running by defenders.

That's a fake fight too though from what I've read. That was one of his students he was doing a demo with. Notice there's no ref and everyone is recording/taking pictures
Demos don't necessarily mean fake. I'm not about to believe that whole thing was choreographed especially since I've done them b4 with my Sensei and that fucker was letting me have it. Only thing I can say is you don't go all out to hurt anyone in demonstrations. Being a kohai you have to try your best when facing a higher rank and them in turn not trying to rip your head off. Strikes, holds and throws still hurt even if you aren't going all out.

I see your point with everything else you said.

Back