Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Bruce Lee the most overhyped fighter of all time?

Who would win the fight?

• Mike Tyson

• Bruce Lee

• Too close to call

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nah…Tyson is overrated because he never had the same heart and longevity as other champions. His main trump card was that he was big, fast and scary…….until he fought someone who wasn’t scared of him i.e Evander Holyfield
Dont know shit about boxing he was one o the most dynamic fundamentally sound boxers at heavy he had brute strength but wasnt a brute

It’s niggas who say shit like “a prime Mike Tyson would destroy any heavyweight in boxing” is the reason why I say Mike is overrated..that has to be one of the dumbest things I constantly see in boxing conversations. Mike is a great fighter, but whenever facing a skilled heavyweight who showed no fear Mike’s flaws would be exploited

A prime Cassius Clay (who beat Liston) would’ve DESTROYED Mike Tyson…or would’ve won the decision..

Even Joe Frazier would’ve gave Mike a tough fight. Joe went against some of the most brutal punchers and still had fire in him.

No one is denying Mike is a legend. But his dickriders make him god like and he’s not. The golden era of fighters would’ve gave Mike a hard time

Reactions: GNS
It’s niggas who say shit like “a prime Mike Tyson would destroy any heavyweight in boxing” is the reason why I say Mike is overrated..that has to be one of the dumbest things I constantly see in boxing conversations. Mike is a great fighter, but whenever facing a skilled heavyweight who showed no fear Mike’s flaws would be exploited

A prime Cassius Clay (who beat Liston) would’ve DESTROYED Mike Tyson…or would’ve won the decision..

Even Joe Frazier would’ve gave Mike a tough fight. Joe went against some of the most brutal punchers and still had fire in him.

No one is denying Mike is a legend. But his dickriders make him god like and he’s not. The golden era of fighters would’ve gave Mike a hard time

He beat Michael Moore twice who is on the ballot for the boxing Hall of Fame....he also beat Razor Ruddock and demolished Michael Spinks....what you are saying is FALSE

To be fair, Mike was knocking people out in 1 round.

I mean, Larry Holmes was champion longer than Mike, but Larry's fights were all decisions, Mike's were all 1st round knock outs. There's a big difference.

To be fair, Mike was knocking people out in 1 round.

Consider the people he was fighting and knocked out quickly in the first round. How much of an accomplishment is it really?

Ali knocking out Liston in round 1? THATS an accomplishment considering who he was going against

He beat Michael Moore twice who is on the ballot for the boxing Hall of Fame....he also beat Razor Ruddock and demolished Michael Spinks....what you are saying is FALSE

Man this doesn’t take away shit from what I said. Mike admitted himself he always struggled against fighters who weren’t afraid to throw down with him. Dude had plenty of weaknesses

Even an old, washed up Larry Holmes stayed up longer than expected and that nigga didn’t fight anyone in over two years….now imagine a PRIME Larry fighting Mike…imagine the difference it would’ve been.

Mike has highlights no doubt but he doesn’t equate to the same fighters from the 40’s-70’s with over 100 fights and KO’s under their belt…

Imagine a heavyweight Gene Fuller, Jake Lamatta or a Sugar Ray Robinson against Mike and you tell me if Mike’s weaknesses wouldn’t be exploited. You’re dealing with a different caliber of fighters..

Consider the people he was fighting and knocked out quickly in the first round. How much of an accomplishment is it really?

Ali knocking out Liston in round 1? THATS an accomplishment considering who he was going against

Not really. Liston only had 1 title defense. So it's not like he was The GOAT.

Tyson knocked out Spinks in 1 round.

Tyson knocked alot of people out in 1 round.

If you compared their fights you'll notice that Ali was never knocked out and Tyson never lost a decision. So who's better?

Man this doesn’t take away shit from what I said. Mike admitted himself he always struggled against fighters who weren’t afraid to throw down with him. Dude had plenty of weaknesses

Even an old, washed up Larry Holmes stayed up longer than expected and that nigga didn’t fight anyone in over two years….now imagine a PRIME Larry fighting Mike…imagine the difference it would’ve been.

Mike has highlights no doubt but he doesn’t equate to the same fighters from the 40’s-70’s with over 100 fights and KO’s under their belt…

Imagine a heavyweight Gene Fuller, Jake Lamatta or a Sugar Ray Robinson against Mike and you tell me if Mike’s weaknesses wouldn’t be exploited. You’re dealing with a different caliber of fighters..

Tyson was a MONSTER from like 86-89. Then he switched trainers and everything went downhill.

There's no telling what would have happened if he stuck with Kevin Rooney.

Tyson was a MONSTER from like 86-89. Then he switched trainers and everything went downhill.

There's no telling what would have happened if he stuck with Kevin Rooney.

I simply look at who he fought and how he managed being able to go the distance. Even though Mike never lost a decision you still have to look at how the fight played out. Cause regardless that nigga still got KO’d several times..

Him being a “wrecking machine that can beat any heavyweight in his prime” is a false claim that is spewed by niggas who watch highlight videos on YouTube all day. Mike’s ability is intimidating, but compared to golden era fighters he’s not on the same level

Reactions: GNS
This thread really shows who got their info from Twitter and who got their info from watching/studying the men in question (and not just YouTube highlights either).

Back