Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Bruce Lee the most overhyped fighter of all time?

Who would win the fight?

• Mike Tyson

• Bruce Lee

• Too close to call

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nigga
I...yes ME literally posted that vid in here smh
I came here from page 3 so I didn't see that post. That rooftop fight was from a ducumentary and it wasn't him in the footage but some other guys. The doc did say he did that though as most youths in Hong Kong who studies martial Arts would often challenge each other.

Bruce was a firm believer in full contact sparring he was the one who spear headed it and brought it to the us. He believed in testing his theories as opposed to "dry land swimming" as he out it. He used to run with delinquent Chinese street gangs when he was a teen and would often challenge opponts to rooftop fights in the city. There's actual footage of him doing this.

He use to get in fights as a kid...? That's where we're reaching now?

L
He use to get in fights as a kid...? That's where we're reaching now?
It was stated in a documentary when he was 15 yrs old and it was common for a lot of youth in Hong Kong who studies martial Arts to challenge each other to roof top fights or sparring matches and as in another article that was posted in this thread he entered an inter schoolastic boxing tour event and won 1st place. I'm going back and forth on you with this either. I'm not a fanboy I'm just quoting facts.

L

It was stated in a documentary when he was 15 yrs old and it was common for a lot of youth in Hong Kong who studies martial Arts to challenge each other to roof top fights or sparring matches and as in another article that was posted in this thread he entered an inter schoolastic boxing tour event and won 1st place. I'm going back and forth on you with this either. I'm not a fanboy I'm just quoting facts.

I'm not denying he got in fights as a teenager. I'm saying how much credit does that give him as a world class fighter? I read about the boxing match. He beat up a 17 year old guy that wasn't really a fighter... just a kid with a hobby. I'm not denying it happened, but I'm asking is that a feat that puts him in the conversation to beat actual champions in combat sports?

I'm not denying he got in fights as a teenager. I'm saying how much credit does that give him as a world class fighter? I read about the boxing match. He beat up a 17 year old guy that wasn't really a fighter... just a kid with a hobby. I'm not denying it happened, but I'm asking is that a feat that puts him in the conversation to beat actual champions in combat sports?
ththe way some of y'all are going about like he was all talk and be never actually been in a fight were not talking about sports and titles.
. did he ever fight period was the question. He was the one who introduced full contact fighting in the United States. If it was t for him there would probably be no mma and there would only be point sparring and kata demonstrations. The thread was based in a dumb question could Bruce Lee beat mike tyson? First off who cares. O man is unbeatable also given the weight classes and if it's comes to boxing were Bruce would only use his hands then yeah but if they fought with no rukes and bruce Lee had all his tools and knkw how whis to say?. What most of you aren't factoring in this arghme t is that Bruce constantly studied trained sparred and tested his theries on top of that he was into weight training so he was also very strong and fast . if he had to fight tyson in the streets for his life he would PROBABLY kill him because his martial art wasn't just some mcdojo YMCA shit, if he he fought tyson in the ring with rules a d limits he might either get corned off in the ring and get knkcked out or he may have the ring savy to avoid Mike's punches and go the distance like many others have. Mike did t have endurance. He wasn't a good distance fighter. He was about destroying an opponent and put them away early when faced off against an apponent that wasn't afraid of him who was a smart technical boxer Mike found himself in trouble. Bruce studied boxing it one of the foundations for his martial art he understood boxing footwork a d all that add to the fact that he was very fast. If he took on Boxing he would be a Floyd mayweather calibre boxer.

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
nope.

Not good enough.

I have posted multiple videos in this thread that highlight the bullshit surrounding Chinese martial arts.
All of those guys xu xiodong faught in those videos were flakes ducks charlatans and tomato cans w/o practices thise antiquated classical snake , Tiger , taichi classical etc styles . bruce was beyond that and was in top physical shape and trained 14 hours a day. Bruce wouldve washed xu xiodong

That video is crap, haha. The first guy (sammo hung) didn't fight Bruce. They were friends fuckin around. The second one was a demo. His student wasn't about to lump him up at a promotional demo. The 3rd is hearsay we went over earlier in the thread. 4th was friendly sparring. Joe Lewis doesn't even attempt to say they had a real fight. It was just a guess at who won a sparring match. Skipper Mullins... that fight literally never happened. That's not a Bruce Lee in that video. Look it up. I stopped watching after that.

This is why I say it's a bunch of hearsay and rumors building his fight legacy. Him and his friend play around for a minute and fans turn it into he defeated a martial arts master in a fight. Someone posts a video online with a fake description, and now Lee dropped a guy he never even fought.

Bruce could clearly fight... Dude an icon

He just wasn't a competition fighter. And most people who have a healthy knowledge of competition fighting... Especially MMA understand that it takes a serious amount of actual competition fighting for them skills to translate into an actual fight.

I'm sure he could have done well had that been his route. But guys like Norris and Van Damme actually have fight records.... Bruce got rumors and stories 🤷🏿‍♂️

All of those guys xu xiodong faught in those videos were flakes ducks charlatans and tomato cans w/o practices thise antiquated classical snake , Tiger , taichi classical etc styles . bruce was beyond that and was in top physical shape and trained 14 hours a day. Bruce wouldve washed xu xiodong
Dont matter what any of us respond with.

You obviously drink deep from the chalice of kung fu kayfabe kool aid.

The backlash he got for exposing them shows the cultural dedication to keeping up the facade though. They were hyped up based off demos, then they actually had to square up and they got fucked up.

Bruce is like that. His reputation is mostly demos mixed with lies and exaggerations.

The backlash he got for exposing them shows the cultural dedication to keeping up the facade though. They were hyped up based off demos, then they actually had to square up and they got fucked up.

Bruce is like that. His reputation is mostly demos mixed with lies and exaggerations.
...and bruce still would've washed xu xiadao . dude is is hefty like a punching bag and he moves like a mummy. i really dont care you cant prove shit anymore than i can this is all opinion and bruce lee isnt here to defend himself. this is just a pointless sports bar argument.

...and bruce still would've washed xu xiadao . dude is is hefty like a punching bag and he moves like a mummy.

Maybe. But again...where are the fights? I already explained how that video with 10 fights is heavy on the bullshit. You're buying into the image. Fuck how many hours a day he works out... Where are the fights?

Back