Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Bruce Lee the most overhyped fighter of all time?

Who would win the fight?

• Mike Tyson

• Bruce Lee

• Too close to call

Results are only viewable after voting.
Demos don't necessarily mean fake. I'm not about to believe that whole thing was choreographed especially since I've done them b4 with my Sensei and that fucker was letting me have it. Only thing I can say is you don't go all out to hurt anyone in demonstrations. Being a kohai you have to try your best when facing a higher rank and them in turn not trying to rip your head off. Strikes, holds and throws still hurt even if you aren't going all out.

I see your point with everything else you said.

I guess fake fight isn't the right term, but it's not a real fight. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some discussion pre-demo of how things were gonna go (not scripted, but getting on the same page). And there's a pre-determined winner. No way that student would be disrespectful enough to win that fight in that environment, even if he had the opportunity.

I guess fake fight isn't the right term, but it's not a real fight. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some discussion pre-demo of how things were gonna go (not scripted, but getting on the same page). And there's a pre-determined winner. No way that student would be disrespectful enough to win that fight in that environment, even if he had the opportunity.
Lol disrespectful enough to win?
He can try.
Don't know too many students who could whoop their Sensei/Sifu's ass.

You must be thinking of Dragon fly Jones lol

Last edited:
Since some of you obviously fell for the Chinese mystical mumbo jumbo....

Here's a video on why you fell for it.

No matter how you dress the shit up its still sugar chicken

I think a kicker is a overrated fighter. If u use legs in a fight you will lose. If he kicks u grab his legs and take him down simple.
Normally is just call you an idiot but instead ill call you an idiot and tell you leg kicks especially calf kicks is the greatest equalizer in combat ..

this is so stupid. i've only ever known Bruce as a martial arts actor (key word "actor), in the same vein as jackie chan, jet li or any number of other actors who have a background in traditional martial arts. they ultimately set their sights on the entertainment world, not the fighting game. people need to see their careers as such and stop placing so much weight on the real world applicability of their skillset. yeah, jet li likely couldn't take down a seasoned boxer with wushu, and?

Nah Floyd is not overrated doing this to a young fighter ,Floyd 36 years old 150 lbs on fight night going against Canelo at 23 years old 165 lbs on fight night.

Floyd is a legit goat
If he had shanes power more people would like him, I guess
He's the very definition of the term "the sweet science"

I saw a thread asking who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson. There was a surprising amount of support for Lee, but his resume is a bunch of hearsay. Can you think of a fighter that's proven less, but gets this much respect?
Bruce Lee wasn't a fighter, he was an actor. He was also 135 pounds. Mike Tyson? Bruce Lee couldn't beat Errol Spence

Nah Floyd is not overrated doing this to a young fighter ,Floyd 36 years old 150 lbs on fight night going against Canelo at 23 years old 165 lbs on fight night.

yeah but they’re all lightweights, fam is hyped up like Schumacher and Hamilton but is actually a damn go cart racer lol.

One practiced full contact karate and the other learned "martial arts" in an opera house.

Bruce got yall fooled off his philosophy more so than any real world evidence of his fighting prowess.

Dude could perform his ass off.

MJW can fight his ass off.
One practiced full contact karate and the other learned "martial arts" in an opera house.

Bruce got yall fooled off his philosophy more so than any real world evidence of his fighting prowess.

Dude could perform his ass off.

MJW can fight his ass off.
Bruce was a firm believer in full contact sparring he was the one who spear headed it and brought it to the us. He believed in testing his theories as opposed to "dry land swimming" as he out it. He used to run with delinquent Chinese street gangs when he was a teen and would often challenge opponts to rooftop fights in the city. There's actual footage of him doing this.

There's actual footage of him doing this.
wel.gif

Back