Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Bone Thugs N Harmony A Top 5 Rap Group?

Is Bone a Top 5 Rap Group?

• Total voters
Honestly, I think Bone Thugs are one of a kind. I can't think of any groups that rap fast and sing.

I remember in the Beef DVD they said Twista and Bone had a beef because of the fast rapping, but they sound nothing alike.

I can't say Bone Thugs influenced anybody or that they had a movement.

I'm sure their music is good (I haven't heard all of their albums) but I just don't think they made a big enough impact (The Crossroads and Breakdown notwithstanding) to be considered top 5. Top 10 maybe, but not top 5.

Honestly, I think Bone Thugs are one of a kind. I can't think of any groups that rap fast and sing.

I remember in the Beef DVD they said Twista and Bone had a beef because of the fast rapping, but they sound nothing alike.

I can't say Bone Thugs influenced anybody or that they had a movement.

I'm sure their music is good (I haven't heard all of their albums) but I just don't think they made a big enough impact (The Crossroads and Breakdown notwithstanding) to be considered top 5. Top 10 maybe, but not top 5.

Bone was one of THE biggest rap groups from like 94-01

"wHo dID tHeY InFlUeNCe??"

Bone influenced the whole rap game post 93. Foh

No one was harmonizing on tracks before bone.
No one was doing the double time flow before bone.

No one od talking about weed until bone did it. (Chronic has some lines here and there)

No one was rapping about being thugs and what not until bone.

Multi plat artist such and Drake, Nelly and 50 can credit bone for their harmonizing and melodies.

U need to research

"wHo dID tHeY InFlUeNCe??"

No one od talking about weed until bone did it. (Chronic has some lines here and there)

Multi plat artist such and Drake, Nelly and 50 can credit bone for their harmonizing and melodies.

U need to research

^^ I think you have a point here

^^ There were artists doing it before bone like Jaz-O with his song "The Originators" featuring Jay-Z (1990), Organized Konfusion's "Releasing Hypnotical Gases" (1991), Twista's "Mr. Tung Twista" (1992), Fu-Schnickens' "Ring the Alarm" (1991). Just to name a few.

^^ This is also not true. LL Cool J made a reference to it with the line "Roll up a fat one and pass it around / Laid back, hypnotized by the funky sound,” on the song "Boomin' System on 1990's "Mama Said Knock You Out" album.

Most importantly you cannot forget Cypress Hill. Their self titled debut album (that came out in 1991) alone made plenty of weed references with songs like "Light Another," "Stoned Is the Way of the Walk," and "Something for the Blunted."

Can't forget about Redman's 1992 debut "Whut the Album," with songs like "Sessed One Night" and "How to Roll a Blunt."

^^ I get what you're trying to say here but the hardcore element of hip hop was there before bone came out. The "thug" label wasn't attached to it yet. Schoolly D (1985's PSK- which is considered the first hardcore single) comes to mind.

Once again, I don't hate BTNH nor do I dislike them. This is a cool discussion though.

No @5grand

Last edited:

^^ I think you have a point here

^^ There were artists doing it before bone like Jaz-O with his song "The Originators" featuring Jay-Z (1990), Organized Konfusion's "Releasing Hypnotical Gases" (1991), Twista's "Mr. Tung Twista" (1992), Fu-Schnickens' "Ring the Alarm" (1991). Just to name a few.

^^ This is also not true. LL Cool J made a reference to it with the line "Roll up a fat one and pass it around / Laid back, hypnotized by the funky sound,” on the song "Boomin' System on 1990's "Mama Said Knock You Out" album.

Most importantly you cannot forget Cypress Hill. Their self titled debut album (that came out in 1991) alone made plenty of weed references with songs like "Light Another," "Stoned Is the Way of the Walk," and "Something for the Blunted."

^^ I get what you're trying to say here but the hardcore element of hip hop was there before bone came out. The "thug" label wasn't attached to it yet. Schoolly D (1985's PSK- which is considered the first hardcore single) comes to mind.

Once again, I don't hate BTNH nor do I dislike them. This is a cool discussion though.

No @5grand

Bone gave us some timeless classics

Cross Roads

First of Tha Month

Foe tha love of money

Noy to mention they got one of if not the BEST concept music videos of all time with Cross Roads. I can watch that shit all day

^^ This is not true. The Wu-Tang Clan's Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) was one of the biggest releases in 1993. As a matter of fact, almost every group followed their lead as far coming out with a group album and then releasing solo albums (some call it the Wu-Tang deal).

Hell, Raekwon the Chef's "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" (1995), GZA/Genius' "Liquid Swords" (1995), Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version" (1995) Method Man's "Tical" (1994) (as well as the anticipation for his album) and Wu-Tang Forever (1997) alone has/had a bigger impact than anything that BTNH did.

There are articles, books, documentaries, a video game, comic books, clothing and an upcoming hulu series about the Clan.

The same can be said about ATCQ. Their Midnight Marauders album came out the same day as Enter The Wu-Tang. These two groups had and still have a bigger impact than BTNH.

Last edited:
Back