Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Bernie Mac A Top 5 Comedian

Is Bernie Mac A Top 5 Comedian?

• Total voters

Goldie

You Niggas Starvin 😂
Site Owner
Welcome to the first installment of the series. Today we're ranking the late Bernie Mac.

The criteria is based on 3 components: Stand-Up, Movies, TV

Notable Stand Up

Kings of Comedy
Segment on Def Comedy Jam

Notable Movies (He Starred In)

Guess Who
Soul Men
Mr 3000

Notable TV Shows
Bernie Mac Show​

For someone that started in the late 80's/ early 90's he really ain't got that much stand-up out there. While the stuff that is out there is classic, it's dudes with way material out there.

He shined when he was just a bit player in the movie (House Party 3, Friday, Players Club etc), but when he was the star he was iight at best. Soul Men was his best starring role and it was meh.

Bernie Mac Show was great tho.

Welcome to the first installment of the series. Today we're ranking the late Bernie Mac.

The criteria is based on 3 components: Stand-Up, Movies, TV

Notable Stand Up

Kings of Comedy
Segment on Def Comedy Jam

Notable Movies (He Starred In)

Guess Who
Soul Men
Mr 3000

Notable TV Shows
Bernie Mac Show​

On those criteria, no

But personally I only look at stand up when ranking comedians, cause they usually don’t write the scripts for movies or TV.

He is top 5 for me

It's on however yall wanna vote, but those are the main 3 components.

I love Patrice Oneal, but comparing his body of work to a nigga like Eddie Murphy or Martin is disrespectful to the work those niggas put in in every aspect of comedy.

It's on however yall wanna vote, but those are the main 3 components.

I love Patrice Oneal, but comparing his body of work to a nigga like Eddie Murphy or Martin is disrespectful to the work those niggas put in in every aspect of comedy.

I'm asking because both you and revolver mentioned lack of material as a reason he's not top 5.

I'm asking because both you and revolver mentioned lack of material as a reason he's not top 5.

I think an argument can be made for Bernie in the 5th slot.

IMO Eddie, Martin and Dave have the first 3 slots on lock. The last 2 slots can be debated.

But there's still niggas like Rock, Pryor, Cosby, etc out there who all have alot of classic material out there.

I think an argument can be made for Bernie in the 5th slot.

IMO Eddie, Martin and Dave have the first 3 slots on lock. The last 2 slots can be debated.

But there's still niggas like Rock, Pryor, Cosby, etc out there who all have alot of classic material out there.

My big 3 are Pryor, Murphy and Chappelle. Today I have Mac at 5 behind Rock. Tomorrow could be different.

I respect it.

Right now we're mainly just voting from our personal list. We're not gonna start comparing their work till the next round.

Back