Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is AEW in trouble, with McMahon and Hemsley at the head of WWE

RodyRod

Is AEW in trouble with Vince McMahon ousted and Steph and Trips taking his spot at the helm of WWE? With HHH and Steph in charge it looks as ratings have swung in WWE's favor instead of AEW.

Where does AEW need to "tighten the screws" in order to grab some of their television fanbase back? More storytelling? Featuring different stars?

I’m gonna hold judgment until guys like CM Punk, Kenny Omega, MJF (!) and Adam Cole return to full time status to see the direction of the company . I also wanna see what AEW does with ROH.

AEW is in a strange place with what’s going on with Warner Bros and Discovery merging. What’s gonna happen with the shows on their networks?

If WWE takes the brand split seriously, I can see some AEW wrestlers either trying to return to WWE or at least inquire about going there if they haven’t already. I think next year will be a very interesting year in wrestling

I feel like Tony Kahn has been coasting on his product in a sense. He wasn't very interested in storyline building but more on the in-ring aspect because it was an alternative to what Vince was doing (all entertainment, very little in-ring until the PPV).

In my opinion we need MORE storyline building from AEW. It can't just be the Heavyweight title involved in a storyline, Chris Jericho (and faction) vs whomever as a storyline and the rest of the show is just in-ring action w/ no storylines. Rampage has to be more than in-ring action. Have to forward storylines with this show, even if its for 1-2mins of the show.

Feature more non-WWE transfers on the main programming. People want to see more PAC, Lucha Bros, Hook, Hobbs, Starks, etc. Involve them in storylines other than in-ring action

Now that Trips and Steph are at the head, he has to be more on top of his product. Raw and Smackdown are about to be NXT Black and Gold, with a perfect balance of in-ring action and storyline advancement, all over again. If Kahn isn't careful he could lose his viewership

I’m gonna hold judgment until guys like CM Punk, Kenny Omega, MJF (!) and Adam Cole return to full time status to see the direction of the company . I also wanna see what AEW does with ROH.

AEW is in a strange place with what’s going on with Warner Bros and Discovery merging. What’s gonna happen with the shows on their networks?

If WWE takes the brand split seriously, I can see some AEW wrestlers either trying to return to WWE or at least inquire about going there if they haven’t already. I think next year will be a very interesting year in wrestling
Good points about the injury bug hitting hard at AEW. Has Kahn said much about ROH? He's ran a few PPVs but I feel like big news is at least a year away for a tv deal.

I can see Miro going back to WWE very soon. I'm not sure if Kahn isn't involving him more due to Miro's schedule, but if not that dude should be in the title hunt. No reason why. I think Black and D.B. have long term deals so I'm not sure when they'd come back to WWE. I think Black would be closer to a belt at WWE than at AEW

AEW doesnt put together enough captivating feuds and storylines in my opinion

pro wrestling is historically a spectacle. My favorite type of PW is like an anime like DBZ; events that tie characters together that culminates in a battle lol. I can always go back and enjoy both the context and combat from the Saiyan saga for instance

WWE demonstrated way back in the day that you can do both with numerous feuds / rock-triple h and therefore the McMahon hemsley era, stone cold and McMahon, etc. i remember when the radicals came over and they injected them into alittle bit of everything to get them going, including tying them to triple h as “minions” to fight the rock. IMO that’s a good way to get talent over

They need to step it up. It feels too backyard indie to me still. I enjoy the wrestling for sure but they lack good consistent writing/storylines so I’m not very interested/invested. If you don’t watch for a week or even weeks it not like you missed anything.

Co sign on everything said here.

i think the biggest thing tho is that AEW does need to favor thier homegrown talent. Not to the detriment or sacrificing certain things…but, for example…although yes Punk is a “star” MJF should get the preference as their premier homegrown guy.

WWE or any transfers shouldn’t be placed above your top homegrown talents as soon as they touch down just because they have a recognizable name.

Imma go wit what Tommy Dreamer said...give it 6mo. I think that's where we'll see where things lie wit WWE. Right now we're in a honeymoon phase. We're caught up in the anticipation of what HHH could do. So far I like the changes.

Now we just have to wait and see how it looks 6mos from now

As for AEW...injuries hurt them. So we'll truly see what they do once Punk...Omega...MJF (even tho he's not injured) returns. I think they'll be fine during this whole Warner deal stuff. Plus you gotta remember...they've only been in business for THREE years. Whereas WWE been doing this for 40+ years. So I'm still giving AEW some leeway.

All this is a marathon...not a sprint. So I'm giving BOTH companies times wit the product they puttin out.

Last edited:
The enitire past 3 years. You dont watch so i understand why you dont know.
They don't have storylines, all they do is just say so and so challenging for the title and that's it. The only story that got going was Jericho and fat boy Knigston

They don't have storylines, all they do is just say so and so challenging for the title and that's it. The only story that got going was Jericho and fat boy Knigston
Omega vs Page, Elite vs Inner Circle, MJF vs Punk, Cody vs MJF, Cody vs Andrade, etc.

Not a lot of storytelling within 3 years but c'mon son lol.

Low key i think they're missing Cody for the storyline help

Omega vs Page, Elite vs Inner Circle, MJF vs Punk, Cody vs MJF, Cody vs Andrade, etc.

C'mon son lol.

Low key i think they're missing Cody for the storyline help
Elite and Inner Circle was the early AEW along with Cody and MJF. Since then it's only been 2 or 3 other good storylines. That's not good at all

There are literally l like 10 storylines going on right now in AEW. Off top

Christian/Jurassic express

JAS/BCC

Wardlow/ lethals crew

Elite/undisputed era

Rosa& Toni storm/ Britt baker crew

Baddies/ Athena & Statlander

Sting, darby, miro/ HOB

Hobbs/ starks

Back