Welcome To aBlackWeb

IP360 PRESENTS: MY JOURNEY TO BUILDING MY OWN GAMING PC

View attachment 581617

You a real one for this brotha. Appreciate the knowledge.

It's fun bro. I upgraded my PC in 2018. It had been running strong since 2011. Complete upgrade. Thermaltake Tower 900 case is the centerpiece. I love the showcase style presentation. This is from Amazon.

Screenshot_20210708-065125_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have a custom water cooling setup with PrimoChill soft white tubing, D5 pump, 360 radiator, and separate reservoir. My theme is black and white. Nvidia GTX 1070 (not much of a gamer). 8700k CPU. 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM. Tri-monitor setup with three Dell 24" UltraSharps. All told about 5k in my setup.

Also, I highly recommend getting a UPS for your setup. You don't want your PC fried during a storm or power surge. PFC UPS is the way to go. This is the one I have.

Screenshot_20210708-071346_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Not having a quality UPS for your expensive PC is like having a $1k iPhone with a $10 case.

Why not use a SSD for storage?
I can only assume he is recommending keeping the OS on there for faster loading but at this point, I have games as well as my OS on the same ssd with no issues. I also only have a handful of games installed at one time so I don't run into any space issues

I can only assume he is recommending keeping the OS on there for faster loading but at this point, I have games as well as my OS on the same ssd with no issues. I also only have a handful of games installed at one time so I don't run into any space issues

It's a waste of money. SSDs for storage provide no benefit to gamers. That money should be invested in the best GPU you can afford. Games don't rely on the random read/write strengths of SSDs. HDDs with their really good sequential read/write is good enough. Besides, a 1TB PCIe SSD is large enough for a gamer to install all their games on it.

So nix the SSDs, and get the HDDs instead. Now the 1TB was already the plan from jump. I wasn't even thinkin about getting anything smaller than that.

@Fightbackmode2005 this one of my pc's i built.

its my first one and a bit older but i upgraded a couple of parts right before the pandemic

what you think

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-78LMT-USB3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (type: BIOS)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM
Page File: 9650MB used, 12859MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DA CHOSEN ONE!!
tenor-4.gif

I FINALLY decided on my FIRST PC gaming case!

I present to yall...the Segotep Phoenix AT...oh just click the lank...

Now I do like the Cosair, but the ATX catches my attention more. Read the details over again and compared it to the Cosair. Both pretty much the same price, so that's good.

I think the key thing that stood out out for me was the vertical mount of the graphics card. Space is always a good thing it seems. B/c when reading comments of other cases, a lot of them mention difficulty of tryin to add other components, due to lack of space. I'm still learning tho.

So I'll probably will be ordering it next week. Definitely ookin forward to getting it.

DA CHOSEN ONE!!
View attachment 582261

Now I do like the Cosair, but the ATX catches my attention more. Read the details over again and compared it to the Cosair. Both pretty much the same price, so that's good.

I think the key thing that stood out out for me was the vertical mount of the graphics card. Space is always a good thing it seems. B/c when reading comments of other cases, a lot of them mention difficulty of tryin to add other components, due to lack of space. I'm still learning tho.

So I'll probably will be ordering it next week. Definitely ookin forward to getting it.

So this case and others like it irk me a bit. They emphasize how much better the air flow is, go so far as to rotate the whole motherboard, but then do things like restrict the whole front face of the case.

Inked71rcs8WEw7L._AC_SL1500__LI.jpg

See where I highlighted? That's where the air will be entering the case. Look at how close the space is between the front panel and where the fans would be. I would recommend something where the entire front face of the case allows air to come through. The more air you can get into your case the better. I have the Fractal Meshify C for reference.

Also, I feel like you're paying extra for the RGB shit in the front, which I kinda get the appeal of, but consider what those lights will look like when you're gaming at night. I bought some LED strips for my pc and I still haven't installed them because I realized I prefer to game with as little light as possible for the immersion. It's nice for pics, but having a lil circus going off in your peripheral vision all the time will get old fast, lol.

Lastly, the vertically mounted gpu. Do you need that? I see the kinds of games you mentioned you're interested in, they aren't graphically intensive. So you won't need some super heavy duty gpu. More and more mobos these days have a reinforced PCI-e slot (where your gpu goes), so I don't think gpu sag will be something you need to worry about, at all.

I like the Corsair case you linked, it's better airflow, better design, but it's pricey for a case. You could be spending that money on another component.

So nix the SSDs, and get the HDDs instead. Now the 1TB was already the plan from jump. I wasn't even thinkin about getting anything smaller than that.

Get the SSD for your main drive and install the operating system and any games you have. That 1TB SSD holds a lot of content. Then get a large capacity (at least 8TB) HDD for storing anything else.

@Fightbackmode2005 this one of my pc's i built.

its my first one and a bit older but i upgraded a couple of parts right before the pandemic

what you think

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-78LMT-USB3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG (type: BIOS)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM
Page File: 9650MB used, 12859MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Hey bro. Do you use it for gaming or just web browsing/light gaming? What GPU do you have?

DA CHOSEN ONE!!
View attachment 582261

Beautiful case. My TT900 has the MB oriented for my GPU to be mounted vertically. I love it. This is what your case looks like for those who could not click the link.

1625827185270.png

Games absolutely benefit from running off of an SSD and they are more affordable now than they have ever been, too. Not just games, any other program he wants to run will be faster, too. Less cable management if he gets a motherboard with an m.2 port, too. He can buy a several TB HDD for everything else.

I said SSDs for storage provide no benefit to gamers. That holds true. I actually recommended the SSD for the OS and installing games on. But you should not waste money on SSDs for storage when that money can be better spent on getting the best GPU you can afford. Get a HDD for storage.

I don't mind the lights. I don’t plan on having a full on light show wit ALL LED's. But I do want some kinda appeal.

I don't mind the lights. I don’t plan on having a full on light show wit ALL LED's. But I do want some kinda appeal.
i would suggest then just getting a mb fan with the led then or maybe something that has leds on the buttons on the front of the case but it's your wallet and funds so get what you want

So this case and others like it irk me a bit. They emphasize how much better the air flow is, go so far as to rotate the whole motherboard, but then do things like restrict the whole front face of the case.

View attachment 582289

See where I highlighted? That's where the air will be entering the case. Look at how close the space is between the front panel and where the fans would be. I would recommend something where the entire front face of the case allows air to come through. The more air you can get into your case the better. I have the Fractal Meshify C for reference.

Also, I feel like you're paying extra for the RGB shit in the front, which I kinda get the appeal of, but consider what those lights will look like when you're gaming at night. I bought some LED strips for my pc and I still haven't installed them because I realized I prefer to game with as little light as possible for the immersion. It's nice for pics, but having a lil circus going off in your peripheral vision all the time will get old fast, lol.

Lastly, the vertically mounted gpu. Do you need that? I see the kinds of games you mentioned you're interested in, they aren't graphically intensive. So you won't need some super heavy duty gpu. More and more mobos these days have a reinforced PCI-e slot (where your gpu goes), so I don't think gpu sag will be something you need to worry about, at all.

I like the Corsair case you linked, it's better airflow, better design, but it's pricey for a case. You could be spending that money on another component.

Bro, his case is only $115.

1625892856010.png

Back