Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Seeeee and so it begins. Fashion retailers are gonna have an ugly year. They can't roll out new inventory. GAP been having fire sales all week from 60-80% off everything on their site.

The high end fashion houses will feel it the hardest and then everyone else.
i know...i been watching them too....bout to jump on quite a few of them.
got quite a bit of them on my watch list.

but i had gap for years.

So since they are cancelling dividends are they no longer considered a "dividend aristocrat" ?

lol I find all of this shit interesting

So since they are cancelling dividends are they no longer considered a "dividend aristocrat" ?

lol I find all of this shit interesting
i do too.......thats what made me get into it. i learn alot about how companies operate when i research them.

but yea
its all fun an games until @Sion jordan on the opposing team.

Just be careful whenever you see fancy titles to describe an asset class. For a lot of people, dividends appeal to their psychological preferences. It's harder for many to wait for a profit than it is to collect a dividend periodically. It reaffirms their decision. However, a dividend only pays on average right now what 2% ? That means 98% of profits are left on the table. Most of the gains will come from the appreciation. Back in the day, all the talk was about the "Nifty Fifty " (50 of the best stocks in America SMMFH) and people were saying if you invested you'd be fully protected which was a lie of course.

Now if you are in the retirement phase of your life and have $10 million but don't want to take much risk and want to maintain a lifestyle, then 3% of $10 million is still $300,000 a year.

What I'm saying is don't worry so much about the dividends, most companies are gonna cut them at some point especially when under duress.
MajorPerfumedAsianlion-small.gif

i knew i had good ones.....

this aint right

back to the drawing board

giphy.gif

Hey it all depends LOLOLOL most of the "dividend aristocrats" are blue chips like American Express or the major US banks, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Johnson & Johnson, AT&T and stuff like that LOLOLOLOL. It could work out, I just don't bother with it because I'd rather the majority of profits be reinvested instead of being given away to shareholders. But that also largely depends on how good management is at allocating the money. If they're just ok or in an industry where it doesn't really matter then by all means I'll take a dividend. However, don't be like those people who dont care for the appreciation and only want dividends !! Imo it's only an issue if your sole reason for investing is just for the dividends.

If you pay the right price a "dividend aristocrat" can be an amazing investment. Imagine all the people who bought Coca Cola in the 80s and 90s. They probably dont even have to buy anymore shares because their dividend payout is so high.

You can always reinvest those dividends though right?

instacart on strike
and amazon bout to shutdown they spot in NYC. Amazon aint really trying to hear it.

lets see how this affects the prices. right now amazon is at $1964

what you think @Inori

instacart on strike
and amazon bout to shutdown they spot in NYC. Amazon aint really trying to hear it.

lets see how this affects the prices. right now amazon is at $1964

what you think @Inori

I don't know much about it but just looking at it on a surface level.. Seems like the workers may have a bit of leverage here.

With all of this shit going on folks will be leaning heavily on delivery services. You would think that Amazon could pay these folks the hazard pay they're looking for and STILL make a profit just based on the sheer numbers of folks that would be ordering things to get delivered since we all mostly gotta stay home.

If they(Amazon) wants to be stubborn and not pay the workers.... then its a lose-lose for all involved.

No deliveries for the consumer... Delivery folks not being paid... Amazon not selling product...

Will be interesting to see how it plays out

I don't know much about it but just looking at it on a surface level.. Seems like the workers may have a bit of leverage here.

With all of this shit going on folks will be leaning heavily on delivery services. You would think that Amazon could pay these folks the hazard pay they're looking for and STILL make a profit just based on the sheer numbers of folks that would be ordering things to get delivered since we all mostly gotta stay home.

If they(Amazon) wants to be stubborn and not pay the workers.... then its a lose-lose for all involved.

No deliveries for the consumer... Delivery folks not being paid... Amazon not selling product...

Will be interesting to see how it plays out
ok...i dont think i was clear.

i know you are starting out....but news like this can affect the stock price.

So im asking you....what is your guess ...about this stock.

think its cool, might go down, got enough money to hold out.
just curious on your outlook.

ok...i dont think i was clear.

i know you are starting out....but news like this can affect the stock price.

So im asking you....what is your guess ...about this stock.

think its cool, might go down, got enough money to hold out.
just curious on your outlook.

Ahhh ok.

hmmm.. If the workers do strike and Amazon tries to hold out, cant make deliveries and the stock drops... I would definitely consider coppin some shares while it's down.

When all this is said and done that shit will likely bounce back fairly quickly once folks get back to normal

Ahhh ok.

hmmm.. If the workers do strike and Amazon tries to hold out, cant make deliveries and the stock drops... I would definitely consider coppin some shares while it's down.

When all this is said and done that shit will likely bounce back fairly quickly once folks get back to normal
thats what the f im talking about.

but thing is.....them deliveries gonna get done...unless the govt stops all movement. amazon was know to have "contractors" to do it for cheaper.
push come to shove ..they may say bounce and hire those who will work.

im watching it tho.

thats what the f im talking about.

but thing is.....them deliveries gonna get done...unless the govt stops all movement. amazon was know to have "contractors" to do it for cheaper.
push come to shove ..they may say bounce and hire those who will work.

im watching it tho.

True indeed. What if the warehouse workers step out too?

Agreed tho... gonna be interesting to see how this shit plays out. Could be a nice come up if the stock dips

Damn. The crazy thing is, I almost considered working for Amazon........again. I had a interview scheduled for Thurs Morning, but finally this Co I've been working for has finally squeezed me into their schedule after a few weeks of getting work here and there.

Funny thing is, my current Job is not only giving me 12-hr Shifts 5 Days/Wk, but also providing masks for us at Work. I was also provided a print-out sheet verifying why I'm out just in case the Cops harass me on why I'm not at Home. Looks like I dodged a bullet with Amazon.

I'm definitely cancelling my Interview.

And DAMN, y'all been playing the Investment Game? I was waiting until Tomorrow for that to pop off, but that looks like it'll still happen so I'm good. With the $$$$$ I'll be making with all that OT, I'll definitely be able to afford to invest some real cash on the market.

Props to everyone here for dropping hella knowledge and advice, you've given me a lot to research and consider.

I wonder if American or Canadian banks will do the same.... The UK doesn't have as good of a banking system as North America but sometimes, monkey see, monkey do.

CIBC said they won't cut it. Haven't heard anything about the other ones yet...

Back