Welcome To aBlackWeb

Introducing Stadia - Google's New Gaming Platform

Capitalism keeping us from them faster speeds

There are countries that are in the cusp of 6g already as far as cell data speeds

Over here 4g is still the bees knees lol

fam, 6G doesn't exist yet. There's nothing to be "on the cusp of" when it's still in the research phase.

i think its par for the course

aim for the sky and hope you hit at least one star

i was always on the wait and see side of things anyway

I knew this was gonna be a disaster.
They just tried to be first with console less gaming.
giphy.gif

Had it for two days now after Google sent me a 3 month free trial, and I personally think it's great. It plays fine (with some occasional slowdown) on my laptop, but through the Chromecast with the controller it's flawless.

Stadia does have real potential if Google stick with it long term - it just needs to get the games in and sort out its pricing.

Interesting. But like some of yall mentioned, the internet connection is my concern

Six days in and I've impressed by it. Destiny 2 through Chromecast is flawless, same for Thumper. Tomb Raider, apart from a low quality stutter for about 10 seconds has been spot on as well.

I'm not getting the negative reviews or people slating it - I'm thinking the people slagging it off haven't even tried it yet or have some agenda. Maybe on launch it really was as rough as the early reviews were saying, but I'm playing it now - it runs smoothly and I think it's brilliant. As I said before: it seriously needs the games (a good mix of exclusive, AAA games and indies) and it needs to sort out its pricing.

Three months deep and some thoughts so far:

Pros

- Pro is finally making sense - In the space of three months with the Pro free trial, I’ve picked up over 30 games, and more than half of those were free through Pro which I still haven’t paid for yet. Adding the regular sales that appear it would be fair to say Google have actually been really generous. People were originally expecting a Netflix type of service and were pissed off that Google were not providing that type of ‘all-you-can-eat’ service, but over time Pro has kind of (in a protracted, roundabout way) become just like that.

- Stadia is ridiculously convenient - Considering there’s no storage/HD issues to worry about, no need to install or update, and games are able to be played the moment they’re bought or claimed through the Pro subscription it would make it harder to go back to a traditional console. Considering that video games are getting larger all the time and the complaints about consoles needing to update, Stadia eliminates those issues completely.

- Chromecast and controller is the way forward - You can play on your laptop, PC or mobile through the Chrome browser without issue which makes it convenient in that you’re not shackled to just one display, plus you can pause and switch to another device easily. It's safe to say though that using the Chromecast with the the controller is where it really shines and what I would recommend to anyone... The controller is really comfortable too.

- The early website/YouTube reviews about Stadia being shit are a load of bollocks - Stadia’s works fine, and as long as you have a stable internet connection then you’re not going to have any problems. You’ll have to consider if it’s for you if your provider has data caps, but if they don’t then you’ll be fine.

- Stadia is evolving all the time - features are getting added all the time, even with things as small as touch screen control the improvements and features seem to be added at what seem like a weekly basis. This isn’t a static console where the company works on it for x years and then throws it out to the market in its final form - Stadia’s continuously evolving. It’s only going to get bigger and better.

- Low entry point for gamers - It’s been confirmed by some developers that Gen 2 is already planned, so along with Google confirming they’re already planning a good 10+ years ahead and this being a long term project, Stadia is future proof and the need to buy more hardware isn’t required as Google can upgrade whenever they want. With the cost for the new Playstation and Xbox factored in, plus with Stadia's free tier, I reckon more people over time will give it a try and see it as a viable option.

Cons

- Promised features have been slow to roll out - With Stadia only just introducing State Share and wireless control for PC/laptop and mobile, the feeling is that Stadia is still beta testing at this point. Features like being able to stream on Youtube and viewers being able to click on a link to immediately join in will be massive once it finally rolls around (Youtube streamers will be all over this), but Google have been really slow implementing what they originally promised.

- It still needs more games - The games are definitely coming. Stadia still needs a larger and more varied games library, and it needs the exclusives to get those that are skeptical to have an interest in it. In its defence, Stadia is about half a year old, and Google have got three of their own studios so I’ve got no doubt that the games (exclusive and non-exclusive) will arrive.

- It needs to work on release schedules for games - Finding out that games like Cyberpunk 2077 are getting released on Stadia at later dates than other platforms is annoying. I know that the release dates will be the decision of the publishers, but Google really needs to push them to release simultaneously with Stadia.

Six days in and I've impressed by it. Destiny 2 through Chromecast is flawless, same for Thumper. Tomb Raider, apart from a low quality stutter for about 10 seconds has been spot on as well.

I'm not getting the negative reviews or people slating it - I'm thinking the people slagging it off haven't even tried it yet or have some agenda. Maybe on launch it really was as rough as the early reviews were saying, but I'm playing it now - it runs smoothly and I think it's brilliant. As I said before: it seriously needs the games (a good mix of exclusive, AAA games and indies) and it needs to sort out its pricing.
Shit is trash bruh lol. Cloud gaming is a fad and Stadia is already on its death bed. Google will pull the plug on this like they do everything else. There is no benefit to cloud gaming at all.

Three months deep and some thoughts so far:

Pros

- Pro is finally making sense - In the space of three months with the Pro free trial, I’ve picked up over 30 games, and more than half of those were free through Pro which I still haven’t paid for yet. Adding the regular sales that appear it would be fair to say Google have actually been really generous. People were originally expecting a Netflix type of service and were pissed off that Google were not providing that type of ‘all-you-can-eat’ service, but over time Pro has kind of (in a protracted, roundabout way) become just like that.

- Stadia is ridiculously convenient - Considering there’s no storage/HD issues to worry about, no need to install or update, and games are able to be played the moment they’re bought or claimed through the Pro subscription it would make it harder to go back to a traditional console. Considering that video games are getting larger all the time and the complaints about consoles needing to update, Stadia eliminates those issues completely.

- Chromecast and controller is the way forward - You can play on your laptop, PC or mobile through the Chrome browser without issue which makes it convenient in that you’re not shackled to just one display, plus you can pause and switch to another device easily. It's safe to say though that using the Chromecast with the the controller is where it really shines and what I would recommend to anyone... The controller is really comfortable too.

- The early website/YouTube reviews about Stadia being shit are a load of bollocks - Stadia’s works fine, and as long as you have a stable internet connection then you’re not going to have any problems. You’ll have to consider if it’s for you if your provider has data caps, but if they don’t then you’ll be fine.

- Stadia is evolving all the time - features are getting added all the time, even with things as small as touch screen control the improvements and features seem to be added at what seem like a weekly basis. This isn’t a static console where the company works on it for x years and then throws it out to the market in its final form - Stadia’s continuously evolving. It’s only going to get bigger and better.

- Low entry point for gamers - It’s been confirmed by some developers that Gen 2 is already planned, so along with Google confirming they’re already planning a good 10+ years ahead and this being a long term project, Stadia is future proof and the need to buy more hardware isn’t required as Google can upgrade whenever they want. With the cost for the new Playstation and Xbox factored in, plus with Stadia's free tier, I reckon more people over time will give it a try and see it as a viable option.

Cons

- Promised features have been slow to roll out - With Stadia only just introducing State Share and wireless control for PC/laptop and mobile, the feeling is that Stadia is still beta testing at this point. Features like being able to stream on Youtube and viewers being able to click on a link to immediately join in will be massive once it finally rolls around (Youtube streamers will be all over this), but Google have been really slow implementing what they originally promised.

- It still needs more games - The games are definitely coming. Stadia still needs a larger and more varied games library, and it needs the exclusives to get those that are skeptical to have an interest in it. In its defence, Stadia is about half a year old, and Google have got three of their own studios so I’ve got no doubt that the games (exclusive and non-exclusive) will arrive.

- It needs to work on release schedules for games - Finding out that games like Cyberpunk 2077 are getting released on Stadia at later dates than other platforms is annoying. I know that the release dates will be the decision of the publishers, but Google really needs to push them to release simultaneously with Stadia.
Nice unbiased review. Will be interesting to see if they stick with developing it or whether they get tired from not gaining the traction they want. Conceptually it's great but concepts don't necessarily make money.

Google announces 16 new Stadia games, including five exclusives
Splash Damage! Harmonix! Supermassive! Sekiro! More!

News by Wesley Yin-Poole, Deputy Editor
Updated on 14 July 2020

Google has announced 16 new games coming to streaming service Stadia, including five exclusives.

Outcasters is an "Only on Stadia" game from Gears Tactics and Brink developer Splash Damage. It's a colourful competitive online multiplayer top-down shooter in which you can curve your shots. More on that here.

Orcs Must Die! 3 is also an "Only on Stadia" game. Robot Entertainment's sequel sees players fight against huge orc armies, and it's playable in Stadia Pro now or costs $29.99 without Pro.

Google said other developers working on "Only on Stadia" games include Harmonix (Rock Band), Uppercut Games (City of Brass), and Supermassive Games (Until Dawn). It didn't reveal the games these developers are working on, however.

New games coming to Stadia that are not exclusives include Super Bomberman R Online (first on Stadia; autumn 2020); One Hand Clapping (early access; first on Stadia; live now); Dead by Daylight (cross-play all platforms; cross-progression with Nintendo Switch and PC); PUBG Season 8 (30th July); Hitman, Hitman 2 (both 1st Sep 2020) and Hitman 3 (January 2021); Serious Sam 4 (Stadia and PC only at launch; August 2020); Outriders (Christmas 2020); WWE 2K Battlegrounds (18th Sep 2020); PGA Tour 2K21 (21st August 2020); NBA 2k21 (autumn 2020); Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (autumn 2020); and Hello Neighbor (20th Sep 2020 (playable in Stadia Pro at launch) and Hello Neighbor: Hide & Seek (Christmas 2020; playable in Stadia Pro at launch).

One of the more interesting titles here for me is Sekiro, a rock hard action game from Dark Souls developer From Software. This is a game that often requires frame perfect timing to defeat enemies. It'll be interesting to see how it plays on Stadia's streaming tech - and whether the developers make it more forgiving as a result.

It's also worth highlighting Dead by Daylight, which has two exclusive features on Stadia: Crowd Play and Crowd Choice. Crowd Choice lets the community vote and influence a Youtube streamer's match by choosing whether the streamer will play as a Killer or a Survivor, followed by which character. Crowd Play in Dead by Daylight lets streamers invite their community to join in on a trial with a touch of a button.

So, the gaming status is basically relying on a consistent internet connection or even game servers NOT plunging in to abyss when we know its gon happen on frequent occasions. At least make a damn console, mini travel size even
:ghost:

I've actually been lookin into this and honestly...I'm intrigued.

Internet connection isn't really a deal breaker for me. Mainly b/c you're gonna have a hiccups. As long as its nothin major, or it frequently happens, then I can deal.

I've actually been lookin into this and honestly...I'm intrigued.

Internet connection isn't really a deal breaker for me. Mainly b/c you're gonna have a hiccups. As long as its nothin major, or it frequently happens, then I can deal.

Just give it a try and see how you get on - you can use other controllers with it if you have any around or keyboard and mouse. The Pro trial is free for a month, so if you hate it just cancel Pro and you've lost nothing. The only barrier of entry is having a Gmail address and having a decent internet connection. If you like it then I'd recommend getting the Stadia controller (and Chromecast Ultra if you haven't got it) because (for me anyway) that's where you'll get the best performance.

Just give it a try and see how you get on - you can use other controllers with it if you have any around or keyboard and mouse. The Pro trial is free for a month, so if you hate it just cancel Pro and you've lost nothing. The only barrier of entry is having a Gmail address and having a decent internet connection. If you like it then I'd recommend getting the Stadia controller (and Chromecast Ultra if you haven't got it) because (for me anyway) that's where you'll get the best performance.

How long we gonna let him pretend to be a regular person?

His real name Edwardo Estadia, nigga tryna plug his console, lol!

How long we gonna let him pretend to be a regular person?

His real name Edwardo Estadia, nigga tryna plug his console, lol!

I know saying good things about Stadia isn't trendy and that it's unpopular is say anything positive about it on the internet, but if you haven't even tried it yet to base your own opinion on it (and it's free to try so you have no excuse not to) then you really don't have any reason to criticise me or anyone else for it.

I'm only speaking from my experience in saying Stadia works for me and I genuinely like it - I'm not going to apologise for that. This is a Stadia specific thread - I'm not going to be quiet about it just to please you.

Back