Welcome To aBlackWeb

Introducing Stadia - Google's New Gaming Platform

I'm not a fan of having my gaming experiencing being reliant on my internet connection. There are too many external factors that could cause problems. However, they did peak my interest when they said you could play games in high quality on low end computers that otherwise wouldn't be capable of playing the game. I'm not certain how that would even work.......and what is their definition of "low end".

Came here to say this. I'd still like the option to play a game offline if I want to

I'm not a fan of having my gaming experiencing being reliant on my internet connection. There are too many external factors that could cause problems. However, they did peak my interest when they said you could play games in high quality on low end computers that otherwise wouldn't be capable of playing the game. I'm not certain how that would even work.......and what is their definition of "low end".
uhhh

I don't understand this pov when if you are currently playing any significant multiplayer online now, isn't it depending on a stable connection now?

my assumption is that there will still be some sorta cache or something to where stuff for single player is stored for offline play

uhhh

I don't understand this pov when if you are currently playing any significant multiplayer online now, isn't it depending on a stable connection now?

my assumption is that there will still be some sorta cache or something to where stuff for single player is stored for offline play

I loved Red Dead but haven't touched its multiplayer at all.. not even interested.

now imagine if you just wanna play a games story mode on solo and your internet connection aint fast enough for this.. or their system is down for whatever reason.. I think that's probably the initial concern.

I loved Red Dead but haven't touched its multiplayer at all.. not even interested.

now imagine if you just wanna play a games story mode on solo and your internet connection aint fast enough for this.. or their system is down for whatever reason.. I think that's probably the initial concern.
I don't think that's how it works though

but I'm gonna research

I like this discussion btw

uhhh

If I'm playing an online game then yes of course the online connection is significant. I don't really play multiplayer online though that's why I made that statement. Titanfall, COD, Destiny were the only games that I really played online and I haven't played them in a long time. Last few games I played are Read Dead Redemption 2, Dark Souls/Bloodborne, Devil May Cry 5, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Metro Exodus...shit like that doesn't really require a connection. I bought Ashen off of Epic games and was pissed that it wouldn't let me play w/o an internet connection. Shit is inconvenient when you want to play some shit on your laptop but don't have access to the internet.

I really like Google's concept, but I know the streaming model is going to be a turn off for a lot of players. It's an inevitable evolution of gaming, but it needs to come w/ support for offline play ( for games that don't require an internet connection to be played ).

I don't imagine Google would be releasin' this product if they hadn't done their research on globsl Internet connections. Either they can stream the games with a weak connection or they feel the Internet will become much stronger and easier to access worldwide. Prolly both

So you enjoy micro-transactions and folks releasing games that require huge day 1 patches cuz they released some half assed shit too early?

Let's not act like some of these criticisms aren't legit.
My comment was specific to consoles though

Like as much as the dreamcast got panned initially, without it, you don't have online gaming with consoles as we know it

Not nickle and diming practices

And we got microtransactions because of GameStop and publishers that got mad they never saw any revenue from the resale of games

Google may be a bit ahead of their time with this, but it will be interesting to see how it goes. Its a cool idea, but im not in any rush to buy it as soon as it releases.

Google may be a bit ahead of their time with this

I agree with this

essentially platfromless gaming....its genius

and as far as the "low end" machines

looks like this is basically a remote session into their physical server from your machine

so even tho you are playing the game on your machine you are using Google's server resources

This is not a new concept. This is PlayStation now without the console. The problem with PlayStation now is the latency and the gfx looking shitty when your internet hit a hiccup, 2 areas of concern for me with Stadia. Microsoft also experimenting with a stream only version of their next console so google just beat everybody to the punch pretty much.

Sony and Microsoft still got the upper hand as their exclusive games is only playable on their machine

For someone who still has their Vita and can't be arsed with home consoles, if Stadia works then I would be interested. I like the idea of not being chained to a single TV and no console... but it all depends on if the thing works properly. The lag is the big question. More info is definitely needed on this.

Back