Welcome To aBlackWeb

Inspectah Deck - Digital Warfare (The Xtra Files) Mixed by DJ Flipcyide

Any reason Deck's career never took off like Method Man? Or even Raekwon or Ghostface, or Old Dirty?

C.R.E.A.M is probably one of the more well known songs from the 90s, and his verse on Triumph is always used as an example of top tier lyricism.

I know his album got lost in that flood before Wu Tang Forever dropped, but it seems like he could have recovered from that, especially after Triumph.

I've never heard the Uncontrolled Substance album, but it seems that by that point Wu Tang had already reached their peak.

Your thoughts?

Deck didnt have the charisma like Rae, Meth, Ghost or even ODB. I dont know if his first joint was supposed to drop before Cuban Linx, but I think RZA new and chose the correct order to drop that string of first solo albums. Meth and ODB were the stars with Rae and Ghost following them.

I think the biggest problem is he didn't get a fully produced Rza solo album. He didn't stand out as much as Meth or Dirty from the beginning, but I'd say people knew him as well as Rae and Ghost because of strong verses on Protect Your Neck and Cream. OB4CL and Ironman is what really brought Rae and Ghost into the limelight more. Deck never got that.

Deck didnt have the charisma like Rae, Meth, Ghost or even ODB. I dont know if his first joint was supposed to drop before Cuban Linx, but I think RZA new and chose the correct order to drop that string of first solo albums. Meth and ODB were the stars with Rae and Ghost following them.
I think the biggest problem is he didn't get a fully produced Rza solo album. He didn't stand out as much as Meth or Dirty from the beginning, but I'd say people knew him as well as Rae and Ghost because of strong verses on Protect Your Neck and Cream. OB4CL and Ironman is what really brought Rae and Ghost into the limelight more. Deck never got that.

I'm pretty sure Deck's album was supposed to drop before Wu Tang Forever, but after the flood, they scrapped it and did Wu Tang Forever, which I guess makes sense

Another thing to consider was that he was supposed to be on I Got My Mind Made Up, which could have helped his career, I remember hearing that song was for somebody else but when Pac got out of jail they did him dirty and took his verse off. Anybody know what happened with that?

His original album produced by RZA was destroyed in that basement flood right?

Yep. Apparently, it was dope too. Of course that's just what they say, but Rza was batting 1000 back then so I believe them. I think it's safe to say we missed out on something great.

Makes you wonder why they didn't just remake the album. I'm sure all of the rhymes were written. And it would seem like every time they recorded a song somebody would tape it to a cassette just to have a copy/demo that you could play in the car.

I mean, most Hip Hop albums wouldn't be that difficult to re-record. I'm pretty sure most of the songs were a sampled beat with a written rhyme. How hard is it to re-sample a record and recite the verse again?

Back