Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

1708966962178.png

While staying at an isolated island resort, James (Alexander Skarsgård) and Em (Cleopatra Coleman) are enjoying a perfect vacation of pristine beaches, exceptional staff, and soaking up the sun. But guided by the seductive and mysterious Gabi (Mia Goth), they venture outside the resort grounds and find themselves in a culture filled with violence, hedonism, and untold horror. A tragic accident leaves them facing a zero tolerance policy for crime: either you’ll be executed, or, if you’re rich enough to afford it, you can watch yourself die instead.​

Infinity Pool

Infinitely Insane

PRAISE: Brandon Cronenberg is definitely following in his father's David Cronenbergs footsteps in this movie about a struggling writer and his wife on vacation who, after an accident, discover the country’s dark culture.It stars
two of my favorite actresses Mia Goth and Cleopatra Coleman so that definitely helped with my decision to watch this. I praise all of the other actors including: Alexander Skarsgård ,Jalil Lespert and Thomas Kretschmann for their commitment.
The living life for a few moments of wrecklessness and then some story thread appealed to me.I also enjoyed it's look at the dark side of human nature,and how much a person ican embrace it.
This definitely reminded me a bit of Midsommar,with its beautiful scenic visuals and insane moments coupled with dwelling gore and violence. If you are a fan of Goth like i am and want to see her go completely off the rails this movie is for you.
One reviewer commented that he hopes a scene between her and Skarsgård was completely unscripted and I have to say I agree. Ha. Ha ha !! I got so many uncomfortable laughs out of this.
It's funny how it's mentioned how the country in this film has to maintain its tourism but I said to myself a place like this would make me think twice about traveling.

PROBLEMS: At times the movie was to over the top so much so it took me out of the film a few times. Some scenes were definitely stomach churning.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Watched that infinity pool other night, what a clusterfuck of fucked up.

Whole films just weird as shit, white people doing white people shit to the extreme.

Had a hostel feel but on a whole different level, can’t even explain what it’s about.

I aint never watching a horror flick from white people again. Got damn debauchery sadistic weirdos😄

Just finished watching this and all I can say is...

28852589.gif

Nah but foreal, I liked this film. Very uncomfortable and unsettling to watch at times with its gore and some of the things that happened in the film. Did not expect Skarsgard to be on all fours on a leash like a dog lol. I'm not sure I can ever see Mia Goth in a rom com cause she be taking roles where she plays wild characters. Actually gets me hyped to see her in Blade

c48d5e0e063718a3ebd4a4fabb0731d648c80c0b.gifv

Back