Welcome To aBlackWeb

In Their Prime, What Was Bigger Hulkamania Or Stone Cold? Poll Added

What Was Bigger Hulkamania Or Stone Cold? Poll Added

• Hulamania

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Austin 3:16

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
For a long period of time, it’s Hogan. He was huge for most of the 80s and early 90s (though he was getting some noticeable boos by the end of his run in 93). For a short time, Austin by miles. His run from around the middle of 97-99 was nothing wrestling had ever seen. His popularity will never be duplicated. To answer the question: it’s Hogan

Austin & Rock the closest to ever reach Hulkamania status. Hogan was just the man he was everywhere & set the standard. He wasn’t as big when he went to WCW at first but he was definitely one of if not the best heel of the 90s thanks to that nWo run.

Hogan.

Stone Cold probably drew in more money in his prime than Hogan did in WWE but when it comes to being the #1 guy on WWE's Mt. Rushmore it's always Hogan. Hogan had a 10 year run at the top while Stone Cold had a HOT 5 yr run that didn't take off until early-mid '97. The problem with Austin's run was that injuries shorten his run. Hogan run really got stale around late '91, Austin's run didn't start to slow down until 2002.

Did it tank because Warrior was notorious for missing shows?
Not the year he had the strap no. Personally, I feel like warrior got the short end of the stick, Hogan got the big story with earthquake while warrior had to work with rick rude in a reheated program from the year before. The power of hulkamania I suppose.

Not the year he had the strap no. Personally, I feel like warrior got the short end of the stick, Hogan got the big story with earthquake while warrior had to work with rick rude in a reheated program from the year before. The power of hulkamania I suppose.

Warrior didn't get the short end of the stick when he was World Champ. His matches simply weren't that good and also, Earthquake was the biggest heel on the roster in 1990. Would it had made any sense to feed Earthquake to Warrior and he lose all credibility? By 1990, Hogan had pretty much ran through the entire roster. They gave Warrior all the same ppl Hogan beat prior to his title run like DiBiase, Mr. Perfect, Haku, etc., and he still couldn't get over as a main eventer. Vince basically gave him the belt while Hogan was still in his prime which set Warrior up to fail (part of the reason).

The Ultimate Warrior was better as a IC Champion when he was beating ppl like Rick Rude, Andre, Honky Tonk Man, & Dino Bravo.

Warrior didn't get the short end of the stick when he was World Champ. His matches simply weren't that good and also, Earthquake was the biggest heel on the roster in 1990. Would it had made any sense to feed Earthquake to Warrior and he lose all credibility? By 1990, Hogan had pretty much ran through the entire roster. They gave Warrior all the same ppl Hogan beat prior to his title run like DiBiase, Mr. Perfect, Haku, etc., and he still couldn't get over as a main eventer. Vince basically gave him the belt while Hogan was still in his prime which set Warrior up to fail (part of the reason).

The Ultimate Warrior was better as a IC Champion when he was beating ppl like Rick Rude, Andre, Honky Tonk Man, & Dino Bravo.
Yes of course. The biggest heel feuding with the champion.

Turn Kerry and do a warrior vs warrior, run the macho king match for the belt and let Hogan fight slaughter in a non title match for america. If you are giving warrior the ball you gotta put him in the premier feuds not hogan.

seriously?

hulk by far.

i was into wrestling when i was young but hulk will always be bigger.

stone cold was a star
hulkamania was a movement

Even when Austin was doing his thing Hogan was over there being the top heel of the 90s. He was still getting it in while Austin was.

Back