Welcome To aBlackWeb

Impossible Choice: Dad Forced To Choose Either Saving Wife Or Baby

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad
NINTCHDBPICT000454411131.jpg

A dad was forced to make a heartbreaking choice between saving his wife or unborn baby after she was rushed to hospital for an emergency C-section.

Frederick and Keyvonne Connie were overjoyed when they found out they were expecting a baby girl in January.

But what should have been one of the happiest days of their lives ended in disaster.

Tragedy struck when Keyvonne began haemorrhaging in their home in the US state of Colorado.

She was rushed to hospital for an emergency C-section.

But after doctors examined the situation Frederick was faced with an harrowing decision.

He told Fox31: “It was either give her [Keyvonne] the surgery first and maybe save her life, but you’re going to lose your daughter.

"Or your daughter can be saved but there’s a chance you might lose your wife."

Frederick made the painful decision to save his unborn daughter, but sadly Keyvonne did not survive the procedure.

The new mum lived long enough to see pictures of her little girl before dying.

The newborn was named Angelique Keyvonne Connie after her mother.

She will now spend some weeks in hospital while she recovered from her traumatic birth.

After his heartbreaking decision, grieving Frederick said: “They tried [to save her] and her heart couldn’t take it. She died before they could even get her to the surgery.

“I’m glad I made that decision because in the end if Keyvonne probably could have survived she would have hated me for the rest of my life because I knew how she felt about kids."

Smiley newborn Angelique - nicknamed pooder - is now being fed through a tube.

Doctors want her to gain weight and strength before she is allowed to leave the hospital.

Despite drinking donated milk and wearing clothes given to her by nurses, new father Frederick has been left with significant debts due to medical debts.

His friend and boss, Justin Collins, set up a fundraising page to help with funeral costs and to purchase essential items for the newborn.

Justin wrote on Facebook: “He has always been a hard worker during the time I have known him and always provided for his family.

“The struggle will be caring for his newborn daughter.

“Along with caring for her is hospital bills, a funeral, and all the basic needs for caring for a child.

NINTCHDBPICT000454411129.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000454411130.jpg

Fucking A thats a terrible thing to read.

I would have saved the wife though. Can always make a new kid. Losing the kid wouldnt be no easy task though especially when you went the full pregnancy getting excited for it. Sounds like the wife only had a 50% chance regardless who got saved first though.

Saving the baby first over your wife is an easy choice for you? Why?

Interesting
Baby wasn't even born yet and I love my wife over everything and especially over my baby that isn't born yet

You have everything invested in your wife over the years and at the very least you can make another baby down the line

Sounds harsh but I don't mean to be

I know the emotional ties to unborns so I get it

thats not what that sounded like lol

I think we can all agree with this 2nd statement

Baby wasn't even born yet and I love my wife over everything and especially over my baby that isn't born yet

You have everything invested in your wife over the years and at the very least you can make another baby down the line

Sounds harsh but I don't mean to be

I know the emotional ties to unborns so I get it

Oh I read your post wrong. I thought you was saying it's a easy choice for your to choose the baby over your wife. You saying the exact opposite.

Reactions: 1/2
Back