Welcome To aBlackWeb

I'm going to say this again: Wrestling needs an OFF SEASON

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
They need time to readjust the story lines, set up new rivalries, and for Wellness reasons.

The WWE "season" should be from August to April, with 4-5 PPVs throughout the year: SummerSlam (Labor Day Weekend), Survivor Series (Thanksgiving Weekend), Royal Rumble (late Jan), and the season finale, WrestleMania (April)....maybe with a PPV in between, either Feb or early March.

I though it seems unconventional for wrestling fans, but an offseason would do wonders in setting up new "seasons."

Yup this is brought up every year for the past 20 years. Sounds good but probably won't ever happen.

It’ll never happen. Even tho it should especially with this brand split mess. It would be different if they didn’t have 500 damn wrestlers like the good old days.

Sounds great as far as the performers are concerned to rest but the company not trying to miss out on millions every month of an offseason

This is a very interesting topic. Wrestling/sports entertainment is a very strange genre because it basically never ends. Even during the “good old days” of the attitude era, would an off-season have helped? Probably not. It’s never gonna happen because fans have short attention spans and the fear of losing fans would not go over well in WWE/AEW/ROH etc

Sounds great as far as the performers are concerned to rest but the company not trying to miss out on millions every month of an offseason

this right here

I used to want WWE to have an off season bad but then I read about how they would be losing money with one and it all made sense

the thing is with all the talent that they got they could still do implement an off season of sorts for the talent by just rotating them out while still being on TV.

Say the last PPV that they just had was the season finale for the current group of superstars, all their storylines wrapped up and now they are off TV for a while.

then the draft happens but instead of running an actual show for the draft, just make it like a recap show with a panel where they do the draft picks and actually shine a lil light on each pick.

then the following week would be the season premiere for that next bunch superstars, you got fresh storylines kicking off or cliff hanger storylines picking back up right away.

then they could just rinse and repeat

With house shows cut down alot even before the virus the talent have more time off so this won't be happening. Folks entertain this convo every year and its just not going to happen.

It’ll never happen. Even tho it should especially with this brand split mess. It would be different if they didn’t have 500 damn wrestlers like the good old days.
Another reason I like AEW alot, I can pretty much name majority of their roster and picture the cast in my head but WWE!? I have a headache trying to remember a majority of who they got or get depressed going through the names of talents who would be stars anywhere else but are booked trash. Depressing.

Then you got NXT wanting so bad to be a third brand when honestly they should of just kept it as a Network show with the Takeovers they used to do because holy ahit there is just too much WWE wrestling in one week to stomach. Used to be able not have to catch any NxT tv shows and just watch the Takovers and still be fully entertained. Now it's like I feel I have to watch the show because they give all their big matches on the show. WWE just throwing out too much and this is when people bring up the off-season again because shit feels like a chore.

Last edited:
This is a very interesting topic. Wrestling/sports entertainment is a very strange genre because it basically never ends. Even during the “good old days” of the attitude era, would an off-season have helped? Probably not. It’s never gonna happen because fans have short attention spans and the fear of losing fans would not go over well in WWE/AEW/ROH etc
100% facts.

Back