Welcome To aBlackWeb

If jail isn't the answer, then what is?

Bruh. This isn't a thread about her, we are talking about jail/prison in general.

So, with that being said. There was the conversation a couple weeks ago about the young girl who was licking the ice cream that had everyone in an uproar with many calling for her to do jail time.

Everyone knows how prisons/jails treat persons of color in this country, and while I agree that maybe jail was too harsh
, what is a proper deterrent to keep people from just doing things without any negative consequences?? I think "put them in jail" is a catch all phrase at this point b/c that's all we know to do with people who violate the "laws" in this country or people who just do dumb shit.

Discuss

Her case is what triggered the convo. I'm taking what you said and applying it to that case.

So, in the case of the ice cream broad, if not punishment then what needs to be focused on for her rehabilitation?

Her case is what triggered the convo. I'm taking what you said and applying it to that case.

So, in the case of the ice cream broad, if not punishment then what needs to be focused on for her rehabilitation?
Her need for attention and poor decision making skills. Put her in jail for a month and make her go to therapy sessions.

Ijs nobody hurt why go to jail

The fallout behind this will affect pretty much everyone, even if it's just adding a few cents to a quart of ice cream. What she did will have industry-wide repercussions.

In that way this case will end up being similar to the case that triggered the widespread end of OTC medications using capsules in the early 80's.

Last edited:
Girl licking ice cream should get community service along with other silly 'crimes', maybe even most petty crimes.

I believe if you can murder someone, rape someone, assault someone, your mind probably isnt stable or 'normal'. Its not normal to want to do those things and putting people in tiny metal boxes with other non normal and normal people is a shit pot for disaster. But how to mentally treat people who most likely dont want treatment?

Have a bunch of mental facilities everywhere? Those shit holes arent much better than jail for how people get treated. And it's not just one thing contributing to all this, its broken homes, abuse from various people in life, societal constraints, conditions and expectations.

We pull apart a problem and single out a few things we think we could maybe fix meanwhile there is 10 more things we cant tackle furthering the problem as we try to fix it. Like the dam is leaking and we all just using our fingers to plug all the holes.

Girl licking ice cream should get community service along with other silly 'crimes', maybe even most petty crimes.

I believe if you can murder someone, rape someone, assault someone, your mind probably isnt stable or 'normal'. Its not normal to want to do those things and putting people in tiny metal boxes with other non normal and normal people is a shit pot for disaster. But how to mentally treat people who most likely dont want treatment?

Have a bunch of mental facilities everywhere? Those shit holes arent much better than jail for how people get treated. And it's not just one thing contributing to all this, its broken homes, abuse from various people in life, societal constraints, conditions and expectations.

We pull apart a problem and single out a few things we think we could maybe fix meanwhile there is 10 more things we cant tackle furthering the problem as we try to fix it. Like the dam is leaking and we all just using our fingers to plug all the holes.

Community Service ain't shit though because it really doesn't impact your life all that much. Jail time means you can lose your job, if you're in school it means you gotta repeat that semester or year depending on how long you were gone, and it can affect your prospects for future employment and housing.

Thing is, some people don't realize that jail is an option on the table for a lot of "crimes" they commit. I was sure that pretty much everyone knew that tampering with food is a federal crime, but once this case came out I was surprised at how many people didn't know at all. Something a simple as graffiti or pissing behind a dumpster can carry actual jail time but nobody thinks about it that way. Shit, even driving on a suspended license is a jail-able offense in some jurisdictions.

Everything doesn't stem from some mental issue. The ice cream broad thought it would be funny, end of story.

I still say take her of rotation for a while and give her a heavyweight fine.

• Ether
Reactions: B_A

Assault and murder is natural as fuck.

I think there should be classes given to people like this. They need to be classes that take this seriously and not some type of quick “summer school” fun ish either. One cannot “pass” the class until they can fully understand the consequences to these types of things. For her, classes on diseases; types of diseases, what diseases can do, how they’re passed on, how they can destroy a person or a group of people, how certain humans are more sensitive or prone to these diseases etc.

You need to teach people, not lock them all up. We should be reforming people, changing their minds and hearts. Showing them the value and sacredness of human life. Have them interact w those who have lost loved ones under circumstances that they’re finding themselves in trouble for. We should be preparing people for the world in a new direction and change, so that they can also do the same. When we truly learn from our mistakes, we are able to pass this on to our generations.

It comes down to the person also, sometimes an overnight stay is all you need to never wanna go back...then you have some ppl who give zero fucks and stay in and out of jail/prison they whole life, i dunno theres so many variables, but there ultimately is no other options besides the standard fines and community service..as far as the ice cream girl do i think jail is too much? Yup, give her ass a big as fine and go on about the day, also as someone thats done jail time and had to sleep on the floor the 1st few days cause it was so overcrowded, bein surround by dumbass drug heads all day, havin to talk to my momma on those dumbass phones behind the glass...FUCK THAT never again, thats all i needed

Naw bruh she deserved to be locked up. What if that hefa was purposely spreading an infectious disease? Outbreak kicks off, then what? Therapy instead of jail??

Folks need to stop acting like people don't know the difference b/t right & wrong. The mentally unstable I can understand. But a fully functional minded person who's doing that for kicks & giggles...naw.

i think we need to make jail ....jail.
not a vacation away from family. with tv, cable, radio and friends and family.

no one is afraid of jail no more.

but yea...lock her ass up.

we dont know what her saliva contains.
That's not the answer especially if they get released you expect them to go from those conditions and happily back in to society

Just copy the Swedes and the Scandinavians, they're making the rest of humanity look like a joke in comparison.
This! the rates of repeat offenders are really low because they get skills and humanised.

Also overall changes to the justice system we need a serious conversation of what prison is for if people accept it's not about rehabilitation and just about punishment then what the UK and America need to be honest

80% of women are in prison over here for non violent crimes seems like a waste of tax payers money to me

That's not the answer especially if they get released you expect them to go from those conditions and happily back in to society

This! the rates of repeat offenders are really low because they get skills and humanised.

Also overall changes to the justice system we need a serious conversation of what prison is for if people accept it's not about rehabilitation and just about punishment then what the UK and America need to be honest

80% of women are in prison over here for non violent crimes seems like a waste of tax payers money to me
So make it worth not wanting to come back.

So make it worth not wanting to come back.
Giving people something to lose the justice system doesn't look at people's situations and environment. If you're unqualified for anything. Do a crime and go to jail get qualified and work skills and support to get a job now you have something to lose.

Most cases people go to jail and come out and in a worse situation no jobs wants them they're now years behind people in the community and constantly paying catch up and still unqualified

Back