Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Have A Character Flaw

T

The Comedian

If I want to hit and quit I have no issue talking to a woman.

Now if I want to start a relationship that's where the difficulty lies. One in particular won't listen to what I have to say.

I hate when people habitually ask for way more from me than I ask of them. I get irritated and the shit just stews.

And because I’m not the type to ever ask anybody for shit, that tends to be an issue when I get a s/o after we blow thru the honeymoon phase.
get out of my head lol

How does one go about working on this
im trying to get back into therapy b

i dont think you can do it alone

but you spoke what i go through like verbatim. On one hand, im glad im not the only one, but at the same time, im like damn, should i be feeling this way in the first place?

im trying to get back into therapy b

i dont think you can do it alone

but you spoke what i go through like verbatim. On one hand, im glad im not the only one, but at the same time, im like damn, should i be feeling this way in the first place?

I used to think it was just them being high maintenance (partially true) but I been the common denominator too many times

I used to think it was just them being high maintenance (partially true) but I been the common denominator too many times
At this point, I'm willing to just accept certain things are just me but am also willing to acknowledge the areas where I can improve and remember doesn't mean you've changed but that I've grown in that area in my life

I'm kinda right with y'all niggas. In any relationship, I'm always tryna provide at least 51% of the value. That's just how I'm built. Flip side of that shit is that I go so far outta my way for a person and ask so little in return, I always feel some kinda way when I don't get what I need when I DO need something.

If that makes sense.

I'm kinda right with y'all niggas. In any relationship, I'm always tryna provide at least 51% of the value. That's just how I'm built. Flip side of that shit is that I go so far outta my way for a person and ask so little in return, I always feel some kinda way when I don't get what I need when I DO need something.

If that makes sense.
Yea....This is me.

I'm on with giving 85%.....But when I want my 15%. I don't want no issues . If I get issues.....
Yea...Let's leave this here.

One of my character flaws is that I come across as not caring.

If I get jealous, I dont show it. I could be in love, but I supposedly dont express it enough. And other small things. All that adds on to me supposedly not caring.

In my mind though, I care a whole lot.

So many of my relationships died because of this.

I'm with you fellas. I kinda touched on it in the birthday thread.
Ladies expect the world and and rarely match that energy.

I think the only way to be on with it is to truly do things from the heart and not expect shit back. It fucking sucks but I think that's the only way not to get disappointed.

Im cool with ladies expecting the world and not matching that back. Shit is just expected to me.

Nh, but its the same with all genders. Im the type of person that EVERYONE comes to for help or advice. If any of my guy friends need money, advice, or anything else, im the first mfer to they call and I almost never turn them down. On the flip, I never go to anyone for help.

With that said, let a mfer I helped 10 times come to me for help the 11th time and I say no for whatever reason, the mfer starts acting like I didnt go out of my way the last 10 times.

So Ive seen this with male friends and women I been in relationships with do the same shit.

I learned not to let that shit bother me. If Im in a relationship, I pretty much accept this is gonna happen and be ok with it.

Last edited:

If I get jealous, I dont show it. I could be in love, but I supposedly dont express it enough. And other small things. All that adds on to me supposedly not caring.

damn, i had this talk like a couple weeks ago lol

Yeah. Just lost one yesterday because of this.

This is a different one then the long term I had, she's been gone for months.
And yes it's too late.
ooooh..i thought this was the same one you posted a while back

how you holding up?

Back