Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Believe In God....But...

There's way more groups than that.

But we are literally trying to decipher shit that no one truly understands with 2,000 year old instruments...

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it..mit just is.....

I don't think God cares if we believe in him or not, it's just too insignificant...

However.... If we must insist.... There are means to do so.... Just understand... It's more for our benefit than his...

Just my take

I'm jus goin by what I've seen

if you kno of more, educate me

cuz like I've said

I've seen those who take it literally, those who see it as a parable & those who take sum parts literal, other parts as parable

the cows even repented...

can cows do that?

idk, maybe

they have feelings

they can feel pain, love & fear

but, you're still dancing around

if Jonah's story was written as a true event, how can you say it wasn't & not call God a liar?

a fundamentalist is

"a person who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture in a religion."

so, you don't believe Methuselah lived to be almost 1,000yrs old?

The Bible said he lived to be 969 years old, who knows what that could really mean since our measure of time could be much different than how time was measured while he was alive.

What I do know is that the Bible isn't the only ancient text that cited humans as having prolonged life spans.

Whether he actually lived 969 years as we know or not really isn't important but I do believe he lived, along with many other biblical figures like Adam and Noah, lived much longer than we do now.

The Bible said he lived to be 969 years old, who knows what that could really mean since our measure of time could be much different than how time was measured while he was alive.

What I do know is that the Bible isn't the only ancient text that cited humans as having prolonged life spans.

Whether he actually lived 969 years as we know or not really isn't important but I do believe he lived, along with many other biblical figures like Adam and Noah, lived much longer than we do now.

w/ all due respect, that sounds like a copout

they had sundials back then to measure time

unless you're tryna say the earth was closer to the sun back then so, the revolutions were shorter

but in that case, it woulda been too hot for life to exist

idk, maybe

they have feelings

they can feel pain, love & fear

but, you're still dancing around

if Jonah's story was written as a true event, how can you say it wasn't & not call God a liar?

I’m not dancing around at all. I’ve answered you and given you examples and you’re dancing around. I told you that in Jonah 1, until the verse last verse, it is taken as satire.

Here’s a screen shot of a video that breaks down the whole story.

The story of the fish is symbolic to the true Jesus story.

Is this difficult for you to understand? Because I have no other way of telling you this. This is not saying God is a liar, nor was the writer of this book. The cultural writing of the time was much different than ours. They didn’t have a sense of literalism like we do today. They had to paint images to tell a story that told about real events or taught life lessons.

Ken Ham is an absolute literalist. He is beyond illogical. Dr. Hugh Ross is a astrophysicist who is also a theologian. They had a debate over the creation timeline and Ham got owned. Yet he argues it being so literal, which is ridiculous. There is parts that are literal and parts that are not. This isn’t a difficult thing to grasp. This doesn’t come down to one or the other. It can absolutely be both and in saying so this doesn’t call anyone a liar. It’s still telling a story, conveying a message, teaching guidelines, etc. There’s no lying going on. There’s illustrative writing within the Bible and there’s also literal writing. Using the context of the words and sequences that follow, you can figure out what is and isn’t.

Thankfully, our interpretations, and that’s what they are, everyone interprets it a certain way, there’s no way around this, but thankfully our salvation isn’t based on this stuff that really trivial compared to the overall message which is faith in Christ... not faith in a fish or 6 days.

I’m not dancing around at all. I’ve answered you and given you examples and you’re dancing around. I told you that in Jonah 1, until the verse last verse, it is taken as satire.

Here’s a screen shot of a video that breaks down the whole story.

The story of the fish is symbolic to the true Jesus story.

Is this difficult for you to understand? Because I have no other way of telling you this. This is not saying God is a liar, nor was the writer of this book. The cultural writing of the time was much different than ours. They didn’t have a sense of literalism like we do today. They had to paint images to tell a story that told about real events or taught life lessons.

Ken Ham is an absolute literalist. He is beyond illogical. Dr. Hugh Ross is a astrophysicist who is also a theologian. They had a debate over the creation timeline and Ham got owned. Yet he argues it being so literal, which is ridiculous. There is parts that are literal and parts that are not. This isn’t a difficult thing to grasp. This doesn’t come down to one or the other. It can absolutely be both and in saying so this doesn’t call anyone a liar. It’s still telling a story, conveying a message, teaching guidelines, etc. There’s no lying going on. There’s illustrative writing within the Bible and there’s also literal writing. Using the context of the words and sequences that follow, you can figure out what is and isn’t.

Thankfully, our interpretations, and that’s what they are, everyone interprets it a certain way, there’s no way around this, but thankfully our salvation isn’t based on this stuff that really trivial compared to the overall message which is faith in Christ... not faith in a fish or 6 days.

lol

can you give me scriptures from the bible that say Jonah's story was not a true event?

& how was Jonah's story a parable but, jesus's story wasn't?

sounds like pickin & choosin to me

You’re impossible. I ain’t feeding the troll.

I'm jus goin by what was written & what has been said, idk why you're frustrated

according to the bible, Jonah's tale was true

you say otherwise so, show me in the bible where Jonah's tale wasn't true

not your opinion or your logic but, the word of God

if you can't, it's ok

I'll be back later when I wake up (if I do)

it's like in a court of law

the onus is on the prosecution

I'm jus askin questions, cuz idk

but you seem to be absolute, so it shouldn't be hard to show & prove usin the word of God (the bible) & not anyone else

All I know is JC is the homie, that’s my day 1. We been down since sandbox days and I ride for my nigs.

Lot’s daughters got him drunk and had sex w him, not Job... his whole family was dead.
That story alone tells you the bible is fiction. Reasonable free thinking people begin to question all god related shit once something like that doesn't sound right

The god and Jesus of the Bible you've been taught, sold and bought doesn't exist.

The universe is ever expanding because "god" is running away from the bullshit he created.

What makes your life more significant than that of an ant, roach or mites?

I've seen in this thread where people say they've prayed and was a believer and their life is still in shambles or things happen to children. "There's literally no excuse or way to phrase it why things happen to children and GOD would allow it"

One one hand they have you believing god is some type of Merlin wizard and can sprinkle some wizard dust and make things better or that it's Satan to blame for all the illicit things in the world.

Or they praise god for trivial shit like the promotion they got, new car etc while children are being harmed and people starving to death.

It's a crock of shit g, live your life how you see fit and do right by others.

Since the dawn of man what changed in our behavior before and after Jesus?

I said that to say this da lawd told me to go and sin no mo. I'm getting ready for church, Happy Sunday to you all.

Agnostics>>>>>>>>

I believe in a higher power. I believe there is something greater than me and us. There is no way all of this could have come into existence by accident. Even if you believe in the big bang theory as I do you still must account for the gases, the elements, the heat, the pressure and space itself. Where did all of these things come from? How did all of these base elements come into existence before the big bang? How did all of these just happen to work out so perfectly that we and everything around us is here. It's impossible for all of that to have happened by accident. It's more difficult to believe in an accidental creation that to believe in a higher power imo.

With all that said you would be a damn fool to take the Bible literally. The bible was not written by God. It was written my man, many men at that. The Bible is a multitude of books, written by a multitude of people, who spoke a multitude of languages, from a multitude of cultures over a multitude of centuries. And that doesn't even account for the straight up plagiarism of King James. The book that you hold in your hands now is no more holy than the message inside a fortune cookie.

The Christian bible has been bastardized beyond repair. The mere fact that the Christian religion was beaten into us by demonic slave masters at the same time that these European slave owners rewrote the book to justify slavery should tell you everything you need to know.

I grew up in the church and peeped the bullshit early on. I remember we used to do the congregational reading of scripture. The preacher would have us read a certain scripture at the same time. Some people bought their own Bible's from home, some used the bibles in the pew and the preacher read from his bible. But even though we were all reading the same scripture we were all saying something different. The words were not the say. I caught on to that as a child and remember thinking which words in which book were correct? Were any of them correct? Shit was confusing as hell. Then you turn to 1 Corinthians 14:33 and it says
"For God is not the author of confusion but of peace"

Then I turned around and looked at the massive confusion around me and the lack of peace inside the church and I knew it was time for me to go. If God is not the author of confusion but this book and the people who claim to follow it are all confused as hell and there is no peace to be found inside the church where this book is read then who authored it? Clearly God didn't. Somebody was lying.

And being a student of history it didn't take me very long to realize that the same people who have been tricking and deceiving us for half a millennium were also the same people who rewrote the very bible that we were reading. The King James bible was written in 1611 and the first African slaves were bought to what is now the United States by the subjects of King James eight years later. That basic understanding of historical facts let me know who the author of confusion really was. And that was the moment that I gave them their god and their bible back and I haven't had anything to do with it since.

Last edited:
I believe in God, but...

I'm not religious I find an esoteric/occult understanding of the supreme to be much more comprehensive and realistic.

I'm also not opposed to science. I feel like science and a spiritual understanding is really one especially when you start dealing with quantum physics, psychology and things like that. What makes the two so opposed is the scientific viewpoint that were at some pinnacle of knowledge when were really in darkness with tons of growth to go. I also feel like a lot of things that may be considered 'supernatural are really understood scientifically and if we were able to observe would be able to measure. This info is not revealed and accepted as common knowledge for many reasons.

God is an energy or force hence why energy can't be created or destroyed, no beginning no end. Vague, I know but, a universal force. The different religions on the planet are just different perspectives of man's attempts to comprehend this force and the purpose of existence. All of this has a heavy astrological basis as well.

Back