Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Would You Solve This Problem?: Homelessness in America

1. Mentally ill that refuse to take meds and work will be shipped back to the mainland and sent to an asylum only after the doctors on the island deem them unfit for the island.

I've been in psych wards. They only keep you if you are a danger to yourself or others.

If you are a nonviolent homeless person, they can't keep you against your will.

I've been in psych wards. They only keep you if you are a danger to yourself or others.

If you are a nonviolent homeless person, they can't keep you against your will.
My scenario didn’t take into account the mentally ill I’m sorry

Unpopular opinion here, I've had extended stays in crisis centers. Ummm, a lot of the homeless people there would like a consistent decent place to stay, and a steady income. That being said, alot of them just hadn't accomplished that cause they dont like being told what to do. Such as something you would have to do, to transition from a group home to a gov funded home, or employment opportunities.

Believe it or not, the United States does a lot for the homeless community but it's not something that is meant to be sustained. Alot of the population that take up the resources are folks who have multiple stays, cause they cant break bad habits affiliated with not wanting anyone to tell them what to do.

I know people who have been homeless, stayed in shelters, followed protocols and have decent places to stay and decent jobs. So unpopular opinion, a lot of the homeless and the people taking up spots on gov assistance living, are people who dont want better.

They wont say it verbally but their actions show it. They become accustomed to the living on the bare minimum and relay on licks, more than anything consistent. You can call me full of shit.

But stay in a crisis center for a week. Dont get me wrong, I'm not demonizing them.

Last one I was in, there was a white dude. Up beat, bouncing from one convo to anotha. Very hustler mentality. He woke up in the morning and cleaned all the areas. Was there to hand out meals, participated in group, was very supportive and alla dat.

The food that we got was the left over food from the jail. Like, they bused the food from the jail to the center, stale , cold..and you know jail food got noooo seasoning. Si we there, I look at my tray, some gook that I dont know what the fuck it was pose to be.

Green beans, bread, and some kinda meat. He like you gone eat that, I said I'm good. Dude grab the napkin, made like diddy

giphy (2).gif

Took my shit, his shit, made a ball of what the fuck ever and eat it all. We get to talking and he talking about where he going after he leave. He already got a plan for the plan when he get kicked out. Which will lead to a later stay back at this place and etc.

Up beat guy, if he had decent clothes on and you met him on the street you wouldnt be able to tell he's homeless..anyway, later that night and nurse accused him of making a mess and he lost his shit and turned to a whole different kinda creature. But he absolutely loved not having any responsibility.

Funniest shit was the well off white folks that came to the AA meetings in the evening. They was mad successful but was deeeeeeeepresssed. I found it funny that most of the homeless people there where upbeat and this bob saget look alike here damn near in tears.

Anyway, this chick that looked like Pheobe from friends. Bet money you couldnt clock her on the street..was a heavy coke head and nympho. Stroked my shoulder on the way out..

Ion know

A homeless person has to not want to be homeless in order for him to be successful. Most of them suffer from addiction and they'd rather feed that than anything else. I think we need more programs and community help to fight addiction, and then homelessness will follow naturally.

A homeless person has to not want to be homeless in order for him to be successful. Most of them suffer from addiction and they'd rather feed that than anything else. I think we need more programs and community help to fight addiction, and then homelessness will follow naturally.
Programs like what?

Asking for a friend

You guys are making good points, but you still haven't addressed the root of the problem;

When people are on government assistance and they get caught selling drugs, that makes them ineligible for public assistance.

So what happens to a person on public assistance, after he gets convicted of selling drugs?

Government policy says if you get convicted of selling drugs while on public assistance you become ineligible if and when you get released from prison.

Would you change that government policy? Would you continue to give government assistance to people convicted of selling drugs?

You guys are making good points, but you still haven't addressed the root of the problem;

When people are on government assistance and they get caught selling drugs, that makes them ineligible for public assistance.

So what happens to a person on public assistance, after he gets convicted of selling drugs?

Government policy says if you get convicted of selling drugs while on public assistance you become ineligible if and when you get released from prison.

Would you change that government policy? Would you continue to give government assistance to people convicted of selling drugs?

The way you're phrasing this question sounds familiar

Make corporations and rich niggas pay their fair share in taxes then .....

• Democrats believe that the government should raise taxes and use that tax money to create programs to help the homeless.

• Republicans believe that the government should reduce any existing taxes that are being used to help the homeless and let private corporations or not-for-profit organizations solve the problem (free market economy).

• Independents sway in either direction (republican or democrat) depending on the candidate.

America is about 1/3 Democrat, 1/3 Republican and 1/3 Independent.

If you want to, "Make corporations and rich niggas pay their fair share in taxes" the first thing you'd have to do is win the election. You'd have to convince the corporations and rich niggas that raising taxes so the government can to help the homeless is a good idea. You'd have to convince these CEOs that the government can solve the problem better than a private corporation or a not-for-profit organization...or solve it via a private corporation or not-for-profit.

How would you get 270 electoral college votes if your platform is to raise taxes to help homeless people that were convicted of selling drugs when they were on public assistance?

Back