Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION How to feel more comfortable in all white spaces?

Nope, I'm definitely not trying to appease them and I don't do that for anyone. But seeing as I'm surrounded by cacs in a creative arts class, I have no choice but to get to try and know them and build connections or networks for the future.

I appreciate your post tho.

But why tho?

If you are British and go to school there, why do you feel the need to have some sorta connection with the white folks in that one class?

I'm assuming that there are more black people on the entire campus. That you can connect with.

Last edited:
Fam, just...exist. Just walk through the world - and that class - as YOU. As authentically as possible. And let the chips fall where they may. I've been that only black face in a sea of white people. You'll drive yourself crazy worrying about how to fit in or not make people uncomfortable by simply occupying the same space as them. Just...be. Fuck all the other shit.

You should just be yourself really. You're going to encounter some racist whites that you may have to deal with and they aren't going to like you no matter how hou act so it doesn't matter. I've found that some problems that black people have when associating with white people come from those black people trying to act a certain way to appease them. I'm not saying you should go into a professional environment acting super ghetto, but from what I've seen white people don't particularly care about a lot of the shit we think they do when it comes to interacting with black people.

Back