Welcome To aBlackWeb

How to avoid and or minimize muscle injuries when working out

R.I.P KOBE

If you can’t name my hoes then don’t say I got em
A few weeks ago I went to the gym with a couple of my friends. it had been a minute since I lifted even a dumbbell (almost half a year) but I wasn’t really worried though. Anyways I stretched my arms and shoulders for a bit like I usually do before working out and went bench pressing I started low at just 150-160 pounds with three sets of 10 (I was surprised cause it had been so long I didn’t expect me to be able to lift that much or do that many reps.)
Then I moved on to the dumbbells started light with 30 pounds did twenty of those on both arms then moved to the barbell curls and that’s when I felt it bruh the burnout I couldn’t even do five reps. So I stopped and sat down both my arms felt lite asl but that’s expected then I went home and on my way I noticed that I could barely move my arms I felt the most extreme cases of Muscle fatigue I’ve Ever experienced. My arms stayed in that state for a whole week and a half up until maybe a week ago. I thought I was good I thought I healed up so I went back into the gym yesterday and tried the dumbbells again however it seemed like my left arm was weaker than my right cause I couldn’t even lift a 30 pound dumbbell while my right arm was doing it with ease. I’ve never had that happen to me before and sat down and thought what could’ve cause this?

Epsom salt bath.

Sounds like you reached a new pinnacle in physical fitness. Heal up and chase that feeling again in a week.
It seems that my left arm is slightly healing I’ve been trying to eat nutritional meals and stretching every day I managed to curl 1 set of 5 reps on a 25 pound dumbbell so idk maybe I’m starting to get back to normal

Sounds like DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. It's super normal and most commonly will affect the arms and sometimes calfs. You'll get DOMS after going a period of time without working out and then returning and doing an unfamiliar and/or unaccustomed workout. I remember many many years ago I would workout on arms, stop for a while and then I'd go back and work out and my arms were so shot I couldn't even stretch my arms straight and it lasted for like 4 days. Shit was brutal.

I think if you go a long time without working out and get back to it, you shouldn't lift heavy right away, start light.
The pain was almost unbearable
:yikes1:

Yuuuuuuppp man I remember it was so intense, I called in sick for work LOLOLOL. I thought it was the end of the world.
I had to take some time off work too I could barely move my arms an inch
:scust:

You gonna have to stretch and mash all that built up lactic acid out.

Its gonna suck but will speed recovery and helpwith range of motion.

Foam roller or a tennis/baseball.
I used snake oil to stretch out my muscles

Back