Welcome To aBlackWeb

How the Rich avoid paying taxes

Trickle-down economics just doesn't work, and this study shows it (zmescience.com)

There you go. That addresses just one study. Again, government mismanagement is problematic, but all governments have that problem. There's a reason why America is lagging behind other developed nations. It isn't government mismanagement. It is the commitment of the government to serving the interests of the rich to the detriment of everyone else.

please explain how having a lower cap gains rate translates into being "trickle down economics"..........when anyone at any income level can invest their money for long term capital gains

and how exactly is America lagging behind other developed nations because of the lower cap gains rate?

it IS govt mismanagement, hence my point about how every time the govt throws money at a problem, it actually exacerbates it in the long run (ie. my previous points about college and student loans, and headstart being a parallel to universal pre-k)

plus wouldn't a 99% estate tax be a better solution to eliminate any perceived unfairness of the overall tax system? raising the cap gains rate would make minimal impact on the wealth gap which is the real problem

The income is being taxed, not the wealth. These people earn their money on capital gain, and the percentage is lower than for the income. Also, they keep buying things such as real estate, cars, boats, and so on, and those aren't necessarily taxed. I know the IRS doesn't have the necessary means, for now, to go after wealthy people, and I don't think that might happen anytime soon. This is such a disbalance and very unfair towards the less fortunate ones. Someone has to work double shifts for a minimum wage while also paying their taxes, while other people literally bathe in money and don't have to worry about IRS. With the help of my pay stub creator, I can see how my money is being "distributed", and sometimes it just feels unfair, especially knowing how hard I had to work for it.

Last edited:
The income is being taxed, not the wealth. These people earn their money on capital gain, and the percentage is lower than for the income. Also, they keep buying things such as real estate, cars, boats, and so on, and those aren't necessarily taxed. I know the IRS doesn't have the necessary means, for now, to go after wealthy people, and I don't think that might happen anytime soon. This is such a disbalance and very unfair towards the less fortunate ones. Someone has to work double shifts for a minimum wage while also paying their taxes, while other people literally bathe in money and don't have to worry about IRS. With the help of my pay stub creator, I can see how my money is being "distributed", and sometimes it just feels unfair, especially knowing how hard I had to work for it.

but at least u can admit @ the underlined that it's about ur "feelings"

and while feelings are valid, that's not enough justification to determine whether a current law/policy is truly fair

bottom line, we shouldn't be raising taxes before gaining full transparency on where our money is already being spent by an untrustworthy govt

Back