Welcome To aBlackWeb

How the Rich avoid paying taxes

it can be but not always. And don’t do that shit where you bring up third world countries and compare it to poor Americans to make a point

why not?
See how you rich niggas be.
:hahaha:

always looking to detach from those not on your social economic level.

bougie ass nigga

:scust1:

Stop talking shit cuz you got more than others.

lmao

hope you not so rich that you mentally broke.

lmao

Ole cha Ching ass nigga

I was being facetious here with that comment if u couldn't tell

but the whole making the rich pay more argument is subjective

and we can argue about the wealth gap..........but understand the capital gains rate has little to do with it

there's nothing oppressive about incentivizing people to invest for the long term

You keep talking about incentivizing for the long term. People don't need major incentives to invest for a long term in a lot of cases. Sure, there are volatile stocks that you can put you money behind and make some quick turn arounds, but a lot of investments, particularly the kind that make people super rich already hold for well over a year. Being able to make millions of dollars from those investments is incentive enough. Again, we're not talking about people skipping meals to try and make quick money of the market. We're talking about people who have large sums of disposable income and have no reason not to put that money in certain investments for longer periods with the belief that it will pay off. Your whole argument seems to be based on the idea that letting the rich pay less tax on capital gains what leads to them making those investments. It's not. Even with a higher tax rate, most of those people would make the same investments because it's those investments that keep them so rich.

What is rich?

what is poor?

You dudes are being super disingenuous now.

It doesn't matter what particular definition you want to have for poor vs rich. The point is that in this country there are people who have tens and hundreds of millions of dollars to spare, and they are able to continue to invest that money in a way that earns them tens and hundreds of millions of dollars more without much work and with less risk than is being implied. There are also people who struggle to pay their bills because inflation keeps those bills going up but wages have stagnated. There is no reason that the latter set of people should have to pay a smaller percentage of their earnings to support the country than people in the former set.

It's crazy that ya'll are in here trying to argue with me about that point. Nobody's talking about fleecing the rich of all they have acquired. I'm saying a person making 40K a year shouldn't be paying 10 time the rate in taxes that someone making 4M is.

once heard a billionaire say he wants to be taxed more so the the lower and middle class can have more money.

He was applauded as helping.

others laughed because he was investing

I hope you caught that

once heard a billionaire say he wants to be taxed more so the the lower and middle class can have more money.

He was applauded as helping.

others laughed because he was investing

I hope you caught that

Bruh, this is why I laugh at people in here defending these super rich people. They don't even believe the bullshit ya'll are saying. Warren Buffet has been saying for years that the tax rates for rich people are ridiculous. Hell, even Zuckerberg recently came out and said there was no good reason for anyone to be a billionaire. No they aren't just throwing away their wealth or doing things differently, and you can say that's hypocritical, but at the end of the day, it's not on them to refrain from using the loopholes and special treatment they get. It's on the government to get rid of those loopholes and that special treatment.

You keep talking about incentivizing for the long term. People don't need major incentives to invest for a long term in a lot of cases. Sure, there are volatile stocks that you can put you money behind and make some quick turn arounds, but a lot of investments, particularly the kind that make people super rich already hold for well over a year. Being able to make millions of dollars from those investments is incentive enough. Again, we're not talking about people skipping meals to try and make quick money of the market. We're talking about people who have large sums of disposable income and have no reason not to put that money in certain investments for longer periods with the belief that it will pay off. Your whole argument seems to be based on the idea that letting the rich pay less tax on capital gains what leads to them making those investments. It's not. Even with a higher tax rate, most of those people would make the same investments because it's those investments that keep them so rich.

no my argument is against raising a tax rate period

if u really cared about fairness, u would be just as willing to make the argument that the income tax rate should be lowered to match the capital gains rate

but u instead arguing for everyone to pay more SMH 🙁

once again it's not about rich and poor.......it's about u obviously feeling a certain way that others have more money than what u think they should have

and again, the capital gains rate doesn't apply to just those folks of a certain income level.......anybody can invest for the long term and enjoy that rate.....I don't see how u have an issue with that unless u are a pro-govt shill who believes the govt never wastes money and always distributes public resources fairly

what's funny is the rich already pay more taxes in total dollars paid even tho they pay a lesser percentage of their money...........having the higher income tax rate still doesn't make lower income earners pay even a comparable amount of taxes.......plus many of them even get refunds come tax time..........Buffet and Zuckerberg and other mofos like that are just pandering to regular folks when they say shit about being unfair

no my argument is against raising a tax rate period

if u really cared about fairness, u would be just as willing to make the argument that the income tax rate should be lowered to match the capital gains rate

but u instead arguing for everyone to pay more SMH 🙁

once again it's not about rich and poor.......it's about u obviously feeling a certain way that others have more money than what u think they should have

and again, the capital gains rate doesn't apply to just those folks of a certain income level.......anybody can invest for the long term and enjoy that rate.....I don't see how u have an issue with that unless u are a pro-govt shill who believes the govt never wastes money and always distributes public resources fairly

what's funny is the rich already pay more taxes in total dollars paid even tho they pay a lesser percentage of their money...........having the higher income tax rate still doesn't make lower income earners pay even a comparable amount of taxes.......plus many of them even get refunds come tax time..........Buffet and Zuckerberg and other mofos like that are just pandering to regular folks when they say shit about being unfair

Why would I be arguing that the income tax be lowered? Does that really make sense to you?

I'm saying that we need certain things in this country. I believe everyone should have free healthcare. I believe we should be trying to give free college to people and free Pre-K. I believe we should have initiatives to fix our crumbling infrastructure and better implement green technologies. I believe we should be exploring reparations and other policy implementation to help black people specifically. All of those things cost money. You're on this kick about people not having to pay taxes. It should be clear to you that I don't believe people shouldn't have to pay taxes. I believe we should have a functioning government that strives to take care of its people, and that will require money.

And yes, the rich pay more in total dollars. No shit. If you have a crapload more money. Of course you'd contribute more. That's why we don't talk about total dollars because that doesn't mean anything. We talk about rates for a reason.

Why would I be arguing that the income tax be lowered? Does that really make sense to you?

I'm saying that we need certain things in this country. I believe everyone should have free healthcare. I believe we should be trying to give free college to people and free Pre-K. I believe we should have initiatives to fix our crumbling infrastructure and better implement green technologies. I believe we should be exploring reparations and other policy implementation to help black people specifically. All of those things cost money. You're on this kick about people not having to pay taxes. It should be clear to you that I don't believe people shouldn't have to pay taxes. I believe we should have a functioning government that strives to take care of its people, and that will require money.

And yes, the rich pay more in total dollars. No shit. If you have a crapload more money. Of course you'd contribute more. That's why we don't talk about total dollars because that doesn't mean anything. We talk about rates for a reason.

and this is where we really fundamentally disagree

none of those solutions you mentioned are dependent upon raising taxes............the govt has shown repeatedly that it is poor at managing the money we already give it

nothing is saying we couldn't fund all those govt initiatives by just reallocating the tax revenues we give them now..........do we really need a $700B defense budget?

and once again, if u ain't willing to volunteer ur own money without there being a law to force u, why should somebody else believe u really have altruistic motives in trying to raise their tax bill

but I get it now....u are one of those "the govt can save us types" SMH

yet u ignore basic economic principles........we don't need free Pre-K, just look at the failures of the headstart program

we don't need free college......look at the value of the college degree and the current levels of student debt

and u think we should pay more taxes just so the govt can turn around and pay us reparations? haha that don't make sense at all

every example of the govt "helping" has actually brought more harm to the same problems u believe the govt should be fixing......and those are just a few examples I gave

it was never about "fairness".......u just a naive view of how u believe the rich should be held more responsible for everyone's social problems

We don't really disagree that the government is poor at managing money. I believe you're right that some money that exists could be reallocated, and people like Bernie Sanders did advocate for things like decreases in the defense budget to fund some things. However, not everything that the country needs can be funded solely based on the money the government takes in now especially if we have the goal of lowering the national deficit and debt. Those things would require increased tax revenue, and the natural place to get that is from the rich, who don't really pay the taxes they should anyway.

So yeah, the government needs to do a better job, but it's not really incompetence that is the cause for those problems. It's corruption. The same corruption that allows the government to constantly give tax cuts to rich people even though we have historical and academic proof that it's bad for the country.

We don't really disagree that the government is poor at managing money. I believe you're right that some money that exists could be reallocated, and people like Bernie Sanders did advocate for things like decreases in the defense budget to fund some things. However, not everything that the country needs can be funded solely based on the money the government takes in now especially if we have the goal of lowering the national deficit and debt. Those things would require increased tax revenue, and the natural place to get that is from the rich, who don't really pay the taxes they should anyway.

So yeah, the government needs to do a better job, but it's not really incompetence that is the cause for those problems. It's corruption. The same corruption that allows the government to constantly give tax cuts to rich people even though we have historical and academic proof that it's bad for the country.

I'd would love to see this academic proof u speak of

cuz it seems like the real problem has always been bad policy decisions that get us into the kind of debt the govt has now

taxing the "rich" more won't fix it because the standard of being rich is arbitrary..........plus u would just be giving more money to people who obviously are terrible at managing it

u wouldn't keep going to a financial advisor and giving him more money when he just keeps losing it and still keeps charging u a higher fee every time

that's basically what u are advocating that taxpayers should do in this instance by raising the cap gains rate

IMO the cap gains tax rate is one of the few tax policies the govt actually got right.........anybody can take advantage of it at any income level, but it seems u keep skipping over that

now I'm also someone who believes we should have a 99% estate tax rate.........but if u are alive, then u shouldn't be forced to be taxed at a whim by an entity that has already been shown to be a poor steward of resources

I don't see how anyone who truly believes in fairness would support that......that's why I'm skeptical when people complain about something that is actually beneficial to everyone who invests

I'd would love to see this academic proof u speak of

cuz it seems like the real problem has always been bad policy decisions that get us into the kind of debt the govt has now

taxing the "rich" more won't fix it because the standard of being rich is arbitrary..........plus u would just be giving more money to people who obviously are terrible at managing it

u wouldn't keep going to a financial advisor and giving him more money when he just keeps losing it and still keeps charging u a higher fee every time

that's basically what u are advocating that taxpayers should do in this instance by raising the cap gains rate

IMO the cap gains tax rate is one of the few tax policies the govt actually got right.........anybody can take advantage of it at any income level, but it seems u keep skipping over that

now I'm also someone who believes we should have a 99% estate tax rate.........but if u are alive, then u shouldn't be forced to be taxed at a whim by an entity that has already been shown to be a poor steward of resources

I don't see how anyone who truly believes in fairness would support that......that's why I'm skeptical when people complain about something that is actually beneficial to everyone who invests

Trickle-down economics just doesn't work, and this study shows it (zmescience.com)

There you go. That addresses just one study. Again, government mismanagement is problematic, but all governments have that problem. There's a reason why America is lagging behind other developed nations. It isn't government mismanagement. It is the commitment of the government to serving the interests of the rich to the detriment of everyone else.

Back