Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY How strong is your accent?

And is it distinctive? Can you tell somebody is from your area just by hearing them speak or do you have to guess? My region is a little mixed due to military and folks moving a lot but I can kind of tell when somebody is from a certain part

Only accents I get confused is greek and Israeli.
I can narrow anything else down.

but i don’t think I still have a philly accent. Not sure what it sounds like.

I kinda have a thing for American accents. It’s really interesting ring able to tell where people are from based on their accent.

And the more specific the better.

Like yeah there is a ‘southern’ accent. But you can 100% tell the different between a person feom Tennessee from a person from Arkansas to a person from Mississippi.

As far as me, I been living in Cali long enough that my accent only comes out when I’m like super pissed off and talking slick.

Only accents I get confused is greek and Israeli.
I can narrow anything else down.

but i don’t think I still have a philly accent. Not sure what it sounds like.

Israelis are usually really easy to identify visually. I dunno about Greeks. Even after having BEEN TO Greece, I still can’t really tell any distinguishing features.

Grew up in the DMV and still can't tell what accents comes from where lol

I’m down in Hampton and I remember watching a rayful Edmonds dvd and I thought he sounded like a Norfolk nigga. But I do think Maryland DC and Deleware probably have a lot of similarities at least in the eastern sides

I can def tell I have an accent now that I have relocated to the DMV lol

when I was still in Bama...I was proper

up here...niggas KNOW im from the south lol

Black Canadian here. At least in Toronto, you'll hear a lot of ppl with a Carribean lilt to their accent since most of us are first and second generation Canadians from or descendents of ppl from the West Indies.

I don't have it tho. My mom fully naturalized her accent when she immigrated here and my school, though diverse, was more white/Asian/Indian in demographics. so I sound like any basic big city Canadian. Most of u would probably assume it sounds white but that's ignorant asf.

Black Canadian here. At least in Toronto, you'll hear a lot of ppl with a Carribean lilt to their accent since most of us are first and second generation Canadians from or descendents of ppl from the West Indies.

I don't have it tho. My mom fully naturalized her accent when she immigrated here and my school, though diverse, was more white/Asian/Indian in demographics. so I sound like any basic big city Canadian.
That last sentence was ignorant af ?‍♀️

That last sentence was ignorant af ?‍♀️

Fine. Let me replace "most" with the educated guess of "a lot". I only say this because it's mostly Americans here. And I've seen time and time again on the internet how Americans rag on other black ppl for sounding so called white, or speaking too "proper". It never fails. I'm not gonna go pretending that ish doesn't happen, so take it how u want.

Back