Welcome To aBlackWeb

How old were you when you knew wrestling was fake?

I won’t lie. It took me a while. Started watching at age 4 with my grandmother. I did always find it strange when a heel used a foreign object and hit the face and Would be “out cold.” Then after the 3 count, the face would all of a sudden move. I remember hitting one of my friends with brass knuckles once and he kept moving so I wondered why that happened I’m real life and not in wrestling. I finally caught on when raven would do the drop toe hold on a chair to his opponents. He did to Scotty Riggs I think and he “lost his eye.” I remember seeing his face not even hit the chair. That’s when I knew

About 6 when I was old enough to realize they would be dead if it was real. Stopped watching til the NWA and attitude era.

Off the bat to be honest around 10

Didnt help my dad would sit there and just repeatedly say shit like "alot of air between those punches son", "haha the winner is already set dont you know" and it was literally everytime it was on and he was in the room. I eventually banned him from being in the room as a kid. Lol

Like somebody said I always knew but I loved it, Mankind vs Taker in a broiler room brawl......I was sold since. Saw the RR for the first time after that match and was like WarpedWelllitArcticseal-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
I won’t lie. It took me a while. Started watching at age 4 with my grandmother. I did always find it strange when a heel used a foreign object and hit the face and Would be “out cold.” Then after the 3 count, the face would all of a sudden move. I remember hitting one of my friends with brass knuckles once and he kept moving so I wondered why that happened I’m real life and not in wrestling. I finally caught on when raven would do the drop toe hold on a chair to his opponents. He did to Scotty Riggs I think and he “lost his eye.” I remember seeing his face not even hit the chair. That’s when I knew
Lol@Ro hittin his friend wit brass knuckles.....you could have caught a case fa that.

Idk when but it had to be around 8-10

watching that shit now is hilarious because niggas be doing shit like this for shits and giggles

869B116F-3F18-4F3A-81DC-67DCAE948952.gif

Last edited:
Off the bat to be honest around 10

Didnt help my dad would sit there and just repeatedly say shit like "alot of air between those punches son", "haha the winner is already set dont you know" and it was literally everytime it was on and he was in the room. I eventually banned him from being in the room as a kid. Lol

Like somebody said I always knew but I loved it, Mankind vs Taker in a broiler room brawl......I was sold since. Saw the RR for the first time after that match and was likeView attachment 254420

Pretty much described my dad. Smh.

Everytime..."Aww c'mon. Ain't no way"...or..."Mehh...you clearly see he ain't hit that man"

It got so annoying I busted out "OK DAD! WE KNOW IT'S FAKE! YOU AIN'T GOTTA MENTION IT EVERYTIME!" Smh.

Back