Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Nas ancestors and my family ancestors descend from the same Slave Owner Thomas Little in North Carolina

Amazing! I love the show finding your roots on PBS. I tried looking at my ancestry on my mom's side a few years back, but hit a road block at my paternal great great grandparents in Georgia.

Ancestry.com didn’t really help me at all as far as family tree and it’s unfortunate

i feel you I remember like a 12 years ago my aunt did one and traced back my mom side. Went back to like NC early 1800s. Apparently it was a popular slave owner last name. But didn’t really go deeper and my dad side never got into it. I think it’s hard to find records and keep interest up.

i feel you I remember like a 12 years ago my aunt did one and traced back my mom side. Went back to like NC early 1800s. Apparently it was a popular slave owner last name. But didn’t really go deeper and my dad side never got into it. I think it’s hard to find records and keep interest up.
Smith?

Man I be tellling niggas all the time that Nas spent a lot of his childhood here where I live in this small ass town and I dont even know if they be believing me but some of the local niggas he grew up with always talking about him and telling stories bout how they'd bully him on the bus and shit.

Hes related to some of the Littles that I know and his mom buried here too

only thing is its a small ass town so everybody here be tryng to claim they related to him

I was looking at Nas Ancestry video and his mom side of the family last name was Little and they descend from Steele Township, North Carolina

View attachment 750103
My Mom side of the family last name was Little on her Dad side (my Grandpa) and he was born in Rockingham,Richmond County , North Carolina to my Great Grandmother Nellie Little.
Here goes their Obituaries
Grandpa
View attachment 750105
View attachment 750115

My Great Grandmother
View attachment 750107
View attachment 750108

Thomas Little
Little-4824.jpg

Thomas Little was Born September 1,1781 in Mallsgate, Stapleton Parish, Cumberland, England and Died April 10th,1855 in Little Mill's Richmond County ,North Carolina

Thomas Little was born about 1781 at Mallsgate, Stapleton Parish, Cumberland, England. He was the son of John Little and Jane Phillips. Thomas sailed for America April 1806. He married Elizabeth LeGrande. He was an overseer in South Carolina for several years before moving to Richmond County, North Carolina where he purchased the former plantation of Robert Johnson Steele near Mangum, North Carolina. According to the Richmond County Historical Society, Thomas Little, with the help of his son, John Phillips Little, became one of the region’s wealthiest cotton planters. His plantation contained 18 slave houses for his 69 slaves. The plantation had a store and a grist mill, the mill giving the community its name of Little’s Mills. The plantation house still stands. He died at Little's Mills, Richmond County, North Carolina.

Thomas's son Benjamin Franklin Little
deb24jum_large.jpg

Carlisle plantation in Richmond County, North Carolina
500px-Little-5689.jpg

Born October 6th, 1830 in Little Mills, Richmond County, North Carolina

Died July 27th,1879 in Richmond, County,North Carolina
Benjamin Franklin Little was a planter of Carlisle plantation, Richmond County, N.C.; Confederate Army officer with the 52nd North Carolina Infantry Regiment; state legislator, 1864-1865; dry goods merchant; and delegate to the 1876 National Democratic Convention in Saint Louis, Mo. In 1856, he married first Mary Jane Reid of Iredell County, N.C., daughter of Rufus Reid.

Was a Colonel for the Confederate States of America. Was planter at his estate named "Carlisle" in northwest Richmond County, near present-day Mangum and the confluence of the Little and Great Pee Dee Rivers.

The Leaks, Steeles and Coles were the leading textile manufacturers in the Rockingham area in the 1800s and 1900s.
DSCN7224.jpg

The Robert J. Steele II house at 816 Fayetteville Road is the oldest house still standing in the city limits of Rockingham, North Carolina built beginning in 1838.

Dopest thread yet…I actually appreciate most of your threads @Mr.LV

Shyt is interesting af. But angers me about the history of this country and our ancestry.

Back