Welcome To aBlackWeb

5.) Issa was out of line, you're supposed to hold down your dude if he's going through a rough time.

4.) Lawrence still supposed to make Issa feel every kiss he gives her and still treat her like a gf.

3.) Ppl have their own agendas to justify their actions.

2.) Molly sexy than a motherfucka lawss and I don't even do skinny chicks. Her sassy-ness is a motherfucka

1.) Molly sexy than a motherfucka lawss and I don't even do skinny chicks. Her sassy-ness is a motherfucka

All opinions

Outsider looking in. Don't watch Power or but my wife watches Insecure and I will catch it sometimes. How hard is it to tell someone that their actions are causing you to seek attention elsewhere? If you can express your frustration as an adult why can't you also express to the person the repercussions if they don't change. Lawrence was caught off guard because he didn't know his lack of actions that she obviously required would cause her to cheat. Now as far as the number of people she sleeps with, I have not seen 1 lick of protection on this show and I am disturbed by the fact that no one has condoms. Knowing the rates of infectious diseases out there as a show for us about us they could atleast use protection.

Outsider looking in. Don't watch Power or but my wife watches Insecure and I will catch it sometimes. How hard is it to tell someone that their actions are causing you to seek attention elsewhere? If you can express your frustration as an adult why can't you also express to the person the repercussions if they don't change. Lawrence was caught off guard because he didn't know his lack of actions that she obviously required would cause her to cheat. Now as far as the number of people she sleeps with, I have not seen 1 lick of protection on this show and I am disturbed by the fact that no one has condoms. Knowing the rates of infectious diseases out there as a show for us about us they could atleast use protection.

brah, she did express her frustrations to Lawrence

i've come to appreciate your perspective on a variety of topics, but not everybody is going to be able to be able to speak open and honest to their partner about their shortcomings. What if the person doesnt respond well to criticism?

5.) Issa was out of line, you're supposed to hold down your dude if he's going through a rough time.
She was out of line for cheating most definitely, but this is a head scratcher. 2 years of unemployment and inaction is going through a rough time?

She was out of line for cheating most definitely, but this is a head scratcher. 2 years of unemployment and inaction is going through a rough time?

Dayum,

Where's the loyalty? So a person is supposed to bail out on their partner because the work-force is tough?

At least the dude was making an attempt eh? That don't count for anything?

I say dayum

i've come to appreciate your perspective on a variety of topics, but not everybody is going to be able to be able to speak open and honest to their partner about their shortcomings. What if the person doesnt respond well to criticism?

I think she should have left though breh.

Dayum,

Where's the loyalty? So a person is supposed to bail out on their partner because the work-force is tough?

At least the dude was making an attempt eh? That don't count for anything?

I say dayum
I'd agree with you but 2 years is a long time, even in a recession. 2 years isn't a long time to get your business idea going but it is long to not even have something in motion while you get from A to B.

I'd understand if he didn't get his dream job in 2 years but did you miss the plot on how much teeth pulling it took for him to even consider applying somewhere like Best Buy? He wasn't open to finding a job to get him by until his real plans took off, he was cool and complacent just chilling on her couch while he waited for things to happen.

I agree with most of this. Sometimes it's hard to express your frustrations when you're trying to stay positive and con't to be supportive. You keep hoping that today will be the day things finally fall in place. I have more to say, but I got lazy.

I think Insecure is very relateable to most ppl. I doubt that this show will encourage or discourage the use of condoms in real life. They use no condoms whatsoever in Power. I don't feel like it's their responsibility to display safe sex scenes.

I think she should have left though breh.

so, they are in a relationship for 5 years, he was unemployed for 2, but you just said she should've held him down, but you expect her to just up and leave after 5?

just like that huh?

I'd agree with you but 2 years is a long time, even in a recession. 2 years isn't a long time to get your business idea going but it is long to not even have something in motion while you get from A to B.

I'd understand if he didn't get his dream job in 2 years but did you miss the plot on how much teeth pulling it took for him to even consider applying somewhere like Best Buy? He wasn't open to finding a job to get him by until his real plans took off, he was cool and complacent just chilling on her couch while he waited for things to happen.

You're on point.

Agreed he could have been working while chasing his goal. A lot of it probably was his pride not wanting to work at a Best Buy and having the skill-set/knowledge to do better things than work there.

But in the same breath, I think Issa should have held dude down while he chase his goal/dream job. Sometimes things take time to pop and it's a long route get to that B point, but going back to what you stated he could have gotten a job.

We are adults and sometimes we need a kick in the a.... communication is the key to any relationship or friendship. How hard is it to say listen if things don't change around here I am out of here. I feel neglected or anything else. You lived with her for two years and you didn't realize she was feeling a how and she knew she didn't give him an honest conversation about the possibility of what his inaction would cause. There are ways to be both supportive and honest. The truth is an offense but not a sin.

so, they are in a relationship for 5 years, he was unemployed for 2, but you just said she should've held him down, but you expect her to just up and leave after 5?

just like that huh?

Process

Nah I'm not saying she should have waken up on a Friday morning and just said she was out, nah

5 years together and dude haven't been working 2 years, you get a sense of a person actions/effort during a rough time, and if that's not what you like in them, you express it to them, she should have been dropping seed after seed stating that her time is running out and this is not the situation she wants to be in. Put some fire under the dude. Gave him a date maybe, I'm giving you another 6-to 8 months to get yo things together and then I'm out if nothing has change.

Ppl put in 2 weeks notices for a reason at work. Same should be with a relationship. Have to be the same across the board with everything IMO.

You're on point.

Agreed he could have been working while chasing his goal. A lot of it probably was his pride not wanting to work at a Best Buy and having the skill-set/knowledge to do better things than work there.

But in the same breath, I think Issa should have held dude down while he chase his goal/dream job. Sometimes things take time to pop and it's a long route get to that B point, but going back to what you stated he could have gotten a job.
I agree with you. If I was in his position, I'd want someone to hold me down if unconditional love is real. At the same time though, he seemed inactive and deflated. I would be too after 2 years of unemployment but she was probably getting gradually worn down in that time as well. Coming back after a full day's work and seeing him with little to say about his day or watching him lose his motivation and hollow out his own plans. You can tell they love each other but even a great relationship might become dysfunctional after all that.

She still eternally wrong for cheating on him but if she eventually gave him an ultimatum to either make a real effort or she leaves, as she lowkey did with the Best Buy pressure, I wouldn't have blamed her.

Process

Nah I'm not saying she should have waken up on a Friday morning and just said she was out, nah

5 years together and dude haven't been working 2 years, you get a sense of a person actions/effort during a rough time, and if that's not what you like in them, you express it to them, she should have been dropping seed after seed stating that her time is running out and this is not the situation she wants to be in. Put some fire under the dude. Gave him a date maybe, I'm giving you another 6-to 8 months to get yo things together and then I'm out if nothing has change.

Ppl put in 2 weeks notices for a reason at work. Same should be with a relationship. Have to be the same across the board with everything IMO.

why do you think people put in 2 weeks notice when they quit a job?

I agree with most of this. Sometimes it's hard to express your frustrations when you're trying to stay positive and con't to be supportive. You keep hoping that today will be the day things finally fall in place. I have more to say, but I got lazy.

I think Insecure is very relateable to most ppl. I doubt that this show will encourage or discourage the use of condoms in real life. They use no condoms whatsoever in Power. I don't feel like it's their responsibility to display safe sex scenes.
I don't think they have an open responsibility but it would be nice and I wonder if they go out of their way not to show protection. Unless everyone is really out here not using any.

I agree with you. If I was in his position, I'd want someone to hold me down if unconditional love is real. At the same time though, he seemed inactive and deflated. I would be too after 2 years of unemployment but she was probably getting gradually worn down in that time as well. Coming back after a full day's work and seeing him with little to say about his day or watching him lose his motivation and hollow out his own plans. You can tell they love each other but even a great relationship might become dysfunctional after all that.

She still eternally wrong for cheating on him but if she eventually gave him an ultimatum to either make a real effort or she leaves, as she lowkey did with the Best Buy pressure, I wouldn't have blamed her.

why give an ultimatum? this kinda answers Dreads post too, but he know when she left to go to work, he was on the couch, when she got off and came home, he was still on the couch.

He himself should've wanted better for his situation. Yea pride kept him on that couch, but his pride that his girl was out earning for both of them should've been just as equal.

That is a huge drain on someone financially. It aint like he was in an accident or something. I could see all the "she should hold him down" stuff, but he was able mind and body and could've been got a job at Best Buy. Hell, in that 2 year time, who knows what other opportunities could've come his way.

Sounds like Lawrence was sending invites out to his pity party.

And when you at times express your feelings, it doesn't have to be a sob and sap scene.

Take the person out to dinner and just talk in a solid cordial manner. Let them know how you feel and what you're feeling.

No need to cry with tears and throw up a fissy attitude about how things been, just be direct/with a sense of humor so that they can understand.

I think a lot of times ppl think you have to be mad when you express your feelings, nah you can be cordial and cool. I'd prefer it that way if it was me. that'll make me know that you really don't like my position and you've actually been there putting up with my shit without fussing/bitching about it, Let me make a play/move to better our situation. Fussing sometimes makes the other person wanna check out too, not want to fight for the situation.

"oh she's not holding me down, or she's not loyalty" is what Lawrence may see if Issa was to fuss and cry about her situation.

Nah just be cool about it, discuss it over a nice meal/or something. It aint hard to tell the truth. Ppl sometimes make it harder than what it is

Process

exactly agreed

I had to give a partner I lived with a timeframe to get something (not employment, but equally practical) together before I bounce. as long as you explain your reasoning and have given them a fair chance before it gets to that, it's reasonable action imo

lol at this tho...somebody has to MAKE you go out and get a job, but cant nobody MAKE you go out and cheat...smh

Back