Welcome To aBlackWeb

How have YOU been impacted by the Corona virus? Share stories, experiences, etc..

Me and my girl had this shit for the past few days. Hopefully the worst is over but from talking to a friend that had it earlier it lingers for a while.

You had the Covid-19?

Break it down on how you felt fam, and the main symptoms you had

Shutdown aka 2 week island wide "stay in place" starts tomorrow. Cant go nowhere unless you're essential services or its an emergency.

Cops and the Regiment will be out in full force checking EVERYBODY.

If you have a last name starting with A - K you can only go out to get groceries, gas stations or pharmacies Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Last names L - Z get Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Sundays dedicated for Senior Citizens ONLY.

Only ONE person from the household is allowed to go.

bigass fines if you caught breaking the curfew.. 10k or 6 months in jail... or both. this shit is wild

Shutdown aka 2 week island wide "stay in place" starts tomorrow. Cant go nowhere unless you're essential services or its an emergency.

If you have a last name starting with A - K you can only go out to get groceries, gas stations or pharmacies Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays

bigass fines if you caught breaking the curfew.. 10k or 6 months in jail... or both. this shit is wild

damn, where you at?

real shit

i had been thinking they gonna probably do some shit like that here, but idk if that's even feasible. Even if we did it by zipcode, that shit is gonna put a strain on the stores and who gonna check the shit out

what if you dont have anyone to watch the kids, etc...

damn, where you at?

Bermuda

real shit

i had been thinking they gonna probably do some shit like that here, but idk if that's even feasible. Even if we did it by zipcode, that shit is gonna put a strain on the stores and who gonna check the shit out

Yah we're trying to enact a system to compile a list of exemptions just like you mentioned.

Like what if your last name ends with Q but you gotta work and cant make it to the grocery store or pharmacy on your designated days.

It's a bit of a headache but if executed properly it could ease up some of that confusion

My mother knows 2 people who’ve passed away from the coronavirus

One was a pretty healthy man in his early 60‘s. Went in with trouble breathing, kidneys ended up shutting down from lack of oxygen and passed away. Smh.

My uncle was in the hospital for a week or two with pneumonia in both lungs. Couldn’t get a test for corona..but thankfully he’s out the hospital now and doing much better.

My aunt said the healthcare workers and nurses are having to decide who can even come in to work because they don’t have enough PPE to keep them safe.

Shit is crazy

real shit

A curfew was set/has been set in certain parishes already.

A family friend lost his wife to the virus.
My uncle's neighbor died from it as well.

For myself, I've been very fortunate.
It's been a paid staycation so far, so I shut up and appreciate my shit.
Hopefully, that maintains.

But it's the coming hurricane season that concerns me more.
Aside from that, it's been... interesting... observing how people react to all of this.

You had the Covid-19?

Break it down on how you felt fam, and the main symptoms you had

Yeah so basically if we had it (I'm pretty sure we did) it was a super mild case. I have some friends that had worse symptoms and know some people that had the same or lighter ones. You just really can't know unless it's serious enough to get tested and in NYC - i'm not trying to do all that unless it's dire.

For me I've had a cough for the past few weeks but assumed it was from smoking and then quitting smoking. But then I started to get the shortness of breath where it felt like how I imagine an asthma attack would feel like the air just wasn't working right and then my lips and tongue would get numb. Finally I had a slight fever for a couple of days and at the same time I could barely get out of bed. I didn't really feel like shit though like the flu - I just couldn't really move or stand up for too long and when I did I would get woozy and my legs would feel weak as hell.

My girl had tightness in her chest and headaches for a few days and then the got the fatigue and slept for a days straight with a low fever but she's healthier than me and her shit wore off after a day. We're still not 100% but hopefully that was the worst of it for us.

Yeah so basically if we had it (I'm pretty sure we did) it was a super mild case. I have some friends that had worse symptoms and know some people that had the same or lighter ones. You just really can't know unless it's serious enough to get tested and in NYC - i'm not trying to do all that unless it's dire.

For me I've had a cough for the past few weeks but assumed it was from smoking and then quitting smoking. But then I started to get the shortness of breath where it felt like how I imagine an asthma attack would feel like the air just wasn't working right and then my lips and tongue would get numb. Finally I had a slight fever for a couple of days and at the same time I could barely get out of bed. I didn't really feel like shit though like the flu - I just couldn't really move or stand up for too long and when I did I would get woozy and my legs would feel weak as hell.

My girl had tightness in her chest and headaches for a few days and then the got the fatigue and slept for a days straight with a low fever but she's healthier than me and her shit wore off after a day. We're still not 100% but hopefully that was the worst of it for us.
Can i ask how healthy u are?

Like are u overweight? Asthma? Diabeetas?

Was u scared?

Can i ask how healthy u are?

Like are u overweight? Asthma? Diabeetas?

Was u scared?

I mean I'm skinnyfat. 6'1" 190 but I've been smoking, drinking and doing all types of drugs since I was a teen. Nowadays not so much but I still get winded if i go for a real hike or something so yeah I was scared as shit the first time I felt my lips getting numb from not enough oxygen. But again I think I got a very mild case so I was lucky.

I think with this shit you just don't know how it's gonna hit you so the best thing to do is not get it.

Here if you do go out you have to stay 2 meters away from anyone you don't live with or you getting fined $1000-$5000.

Gatherings up to $100k and possible jailtime.

They handed out multiple $100k fines and jail sentences last week to show they weren't playing and I ain't been to my spot since. Lol. I like the money but I ain't going to jail and sitting on a 100k fine.

tenor - 2020-03-27T164625.452.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Here if you do go out you have to stay 2 meters away from anyone you don't live with or you getting fined $1000-$5000.

They handed out multiple $100k fines and jail sentences last week to show they weren't playing and I ain't been to my spot since. Lol. I like the money but I ain't going to jail and sitting on a 100k fine.

View attachment 259470

Oh but when I said something I was the bad guy. Aiight.

What are you talking about?

What???

They're still allowing clubs to be open in Canada???
Oh... no... I run an afterhours... a speakeasy... completely illegal well before corona started fucking the money.

Enough about me tho.
Shut that shit down you sociopath.

Shut the fuck up.

Don't pretend to know what you're talking about regarding me.

Move tf around.

View attachment 259470

Are folks taking it seriously now far as you can tell?

Couple folks out here got arrested cuz they thought this shit wasn't serious apparently.. ended up gettin cuffed for tryna make moves after the cutoff time

Why I told you then and why I will tell you again now to shut the fuck up is because I was closed before you made your fuck ass assumption about something you know nothing about.

Don't pretend to know what you're talking about regarding me.

Move tf around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are folks taking it seriously now far as you can tell?

Couple folks out here got arrested cuz they thought this shit wasn't serious apparently.. ended up gettin cuffed for tryna make moves after the cutoff time

From what I can see personally yes.

But my homeboy is a bus driver for public transit here and was saying it's still too many people on certain bus routes. Not doing any essential travel just out and about. He was tight having to drive that bus the other day.

IMG-20200403-WA0026.jpg

I explained to him by the looks I'd assume these were mostly working folk who can't afford to just be at home but he was still tight lol

Back