Welcome To aBlackWeb

How does an artist make their music age well?

I assume this is very difficult because music is about trends. In your opinion how does an artist make music that can still hit 20 to 30 to 40 years?

I feel like singers can do this easier because people will always like love songs.

This isnt about the corporation which wants a square, but a circle, something of the emotions you're trying express, the very definition of lyrical. And as stated above try not to use references that will be dated.

Be true to you. Whatever/whoever that is just rap about shit you actually know about. When people get attached to an artist story they love to see them grow over the years

Cut the gimmick shit and put everything into your art. Song has to transcend brief trends. For the heavy hitting classics, that a ton of people worldwide know the words to or the beat since it came out, theres a reason why you dont see certain rappers on that list. W/e cool wave is out the ride it till they jump on the next one.

Contrary to what others say I believe music that captures the trends and fads of a time period ages the best. Timeless music takes u back. It reminds u of the high top fade or those suede adidas.

summertime is a song that aged great. It captured our era. The way we felt when we adjusted the bass and let the alpine blast. My kids don’t even know what that means. They connecting thru Bluetooth and setting up hotspots

Contrary to what others say I believe music that captures the trends and fads of a time period ages the best. Timeless music takes u back. It reminds u of the high top fade or those suede adidas.

summertime is a song that aged great. It captured our era. The way we felt when we adjusted the bass and let the alpine blast. My kids don’t even know what that means. They connecting thru Bluetooth and setting up hotspots

But the majority of summertime can be related to the start of summer for different people all over.

But the majority of summertime can be related to the start of summer for different people all over.

the song itself is dated by his description of summer...sitting on lorenzos, alpine radio, short sets. It captures that time when we were young. Remembering the pullout radio or Lorenzo rims. if u see a nigga wearing a short set now u laughing ur ass but for us it was hot then.

the song is relatable though cause folks love summer

People still jammin Brenda's got a baby? Pretty sure I havent heard anybody bumping that since MTV2 did a Oldies lineup. Even most those songs listed by the thread starter I'm sure majority of people under 24 dont find timeless or relatable and actually probably label it old shit. People who grew up to that shit going always have a biased feeling that the songs they grew up listening too are "timeless". Its all a age thing, but like somebody said when it comes to love songs usually they get a easy pass between age groups because people love those type of songs no matter the decade but RAP is another thing.

There is no right or wrong answer because sounds change. I can probably say love songs are probably the only real timeless genre.

People still jammin Brenda's got a baby? Pretty sure I havent heard anybody bumping that since MTV2 did a Oldies lineup. Even most those songs listed by the thread starter I'm sure majority of people under 24 dont find timeless or relatable and actually probably label it old shit. People who grew up to that shit going always have a biased feeling that the songs they grew up listening too are "timeless". Its all a age thing, but like somebody said when it comes to love songs usually they get a easy pass between age groups because people love those type of songs no matter the decade but RAP is another thing.

There is no right or wrong answer because sounds change. I can probably say love songs are probably the only real timeless genre.
Folk songs too and maybe rock

Back