Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Do You Center Yourself?

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
How do you center yourself? We all get distracted or allow ourselves to get distracted sometimes so what are some of the things you do to refocus your mind and energy back towards your goals or the "bigger picture"?

I go to the mountains or the beach.
Both places I feel closer to God.

Both places I go ....I sit still and try to listen to nature.
The splash of the waves and the blowing of the wind settles me.

Both are so powerful yet so peaceful.

And both allow me to be me and Aline to process my thoughts uninterrupted.

What kind of things are on the app?

What is a simple exercise they teach?
First lesson is the basics, it gets you prepared for what's ahead. It helps you get familiarized with meditation, it dispels myths about meditation, and help get you ready to do

Screenshot_20190604-180932_Headspace.jpg
Any of these, theres usually at least ten targeted subjects for each of the choices you see there. Each has up to 1 lesson a day for 30 days, you can do 10,15, or 20 minutes sessions.

20 minutes is for advanced users, it doesnt seem like it would be..but if you try it, you'll see

First lesson is the basics, it gets you prepared for what's ahead. It helps you get familiarized with meditation, it dispels myths about meditation, and help get you ready to do

View attachment 137583
Any of these, theres usually at least ten targeted subjects for each of the choices you see there. Each has up to 1 lesson a day for 30 days, you can do 10,15, or 20 minutes sessions.

20 minutes is for advanced users, it doesnt seem like it would be..but if you try it, you'll see

Yeah I'ma have to check that out. Good looking out.

Walk the dog for longer than norm

Riding my bike to and from woke has help

Sitting on my back porch and watching the treetops

A good conversation about nothing used to help

Walk the dog for longer than norm

Riding my bike to and from woke has help

Sitting on my back porch and watching the treetops

A good conversation about nothing used to help

Yo riding a bike to and from work is a good way to get the brain ready for the day and it can help you unwind at the end of the day.

And I'm not trying to be funny but maybe that last part is a sign that it's time for more good conversation about "something".

How do you center yourself? We all get distracted or allow ourselves to get distracted sometimes so what are some of the things you do to refocus your mind and energy back towards your goals or the "bigger picture"?

smoke and do any of these things:

listen to old school R&B...shit I grew up hearing at home
check on family or old friends
go outside and shoot around (guns or basketball, depends on the day)
play with the kids
lay out on the trampoline and watch the clouds

Back