Welcome To aBlackWeb

How do we combat “Gentrification”?

To add to this...what would you rather do?

Pay high ass property tax plus the costs of living increases to stay in the neighborhood with people you dont know? Or take them six figures and chill out in the suburbs?

your most of our age (late 20s, 30s) you may wait it out. If you're 60 and above its a little harder.
20s and early 30s the minorities on here bruh lol

There are people with money that are bad with management. Its not about how much you make, but how you spend it. All the blacks I know own fancy clothes, but the whites own homes/property. If they don't have much money then why do the spend a grip on weed and Jordans? I kept the same shoes for years and don't buy Jordans period since about 10 years and they were on sale. My moms is drownig in CC debt and has been since the 90s. Most blacks got bad spending habits from my experience.
So no one gonna address this?

Impossible. Too many blacks don't understand the value of money and investing. Piggy back off credit to get loans? Negro is you crazy? My family cannot even show up on time to get togethers and you think niggas from the hood can be trusted with loans? You fail to realize most don't have the same value to improve the neighborhood. Jordans and weave or weed are more important.
I went down to West Bmore bruh. Ain't no saving that area. Shit made me feel like I was in a third world country and I was born in the projects. Its a lost cost and the people there are stuck in their ways. You would be a victim if you went there.
So both of these posts gonna be overlooked?

What is there to address? You can try all you want but everybody has to be on the same page. You got somerhing to say DOS than say it. People always looking for someone to do for them, but fail to do for themselves. My sister lives in the hood, but all them fools want to do is break in her house or steal from her.

Last edited:
What is there to address? You can try all you want but everybody has to be on the same page. You got somerhing to say DOS than say it. People always looking for someone ro do for them, but fail to do for themselves. My sister lives in the hood, but all them fools want to do is break in her house or steal from her.
I think you got the wrong idea.
I actually agree with you outside the productive people who don't know how to get out.
I just find it funny all your posts were overlooked .While other are called not black, out of touch or looking down or many other things.

Crazy thing is...A place can be bad but a person people thinks had money say it's bad...They looking down. But a person from that area says the same....Then people agree.

This is why we can't fix shit.

We have to agree that it's bad people who make the hood bad but it has good people who are the minority.

Until we can keep it real...Why lying about what the problem is or how far it goes.

So my brother bought a crib in Bronzeville.... ( y’all can google it) it’s probably the most historic black neighborhood in America....anyway the neighborhood is slowly gentrifying it’s even white ppl migrating there....hell ObFresh lives like 5 mins away from my bro crib....anyway his entire block is nothing but black professionals except the niggas living right next to him....the landlord told us he s trying to find a way to evict them for the longest but it s hard to evict section 8 tenants in Chicago....my bro tells me the other day someone stole his Amazon packages from his gangway so he makes copies from the security cameras gives it to the cops, the cops catch the thief , get my brothers packages back and tell him that they had a talk w his neighbors.....I’m like smmfh.... niggas yo

I think you got the wrong idea.
I actually agree with you outside the productive people who don't know how to get out.
I just find it funny all your posts were overlooked .While other are called not black, out of touch or looking down or many other things.

Crazy thing is...A place can be bad but a person people thinks had money say it's bad...They looking down. But a person from that area says the same....Then people agree.

This is why we can't fix shit.

We have to agree that it's bad people who make the hood bad but it has good people who are the minority.

Until we can keep it real...Why lying about what the problem is or how far it goes.
People can get out. We got out, but we are not in a middle class area, just not the ghetto. People can move where it is cheaper so they can afford it. They just need to make the necessary sacrifices. Its all in being disciplined with their finances when they don't have much. I saw Shaheim's vkad interview about how he got his face sliced at a club in Staton Island over his chain. What was the point of that? He went back and was attacked instead of embraced.

So my brother bought a crib in Bronzeville.... ( y’all can google it) it’s probably the most historic black neighborhood in America....anyway the neighborhood is slowly gentrifying it’s even white ppl migrating there....hell ObFresh lives like 5 mins away from my bro crib....anyway his entire block is nothing but black professionals except the niggas living right next to him....the landlord told us he s trying to find a way to evict them for the longest but it s hard to evict section 8 tenants in Chicago....my bro tells me the other day someone stole his Amazon packages from his gangway so he makes copies from the security cameras gives it to the cops, the cops catch the thief , get my brothers packages back and tell him that they had a talk w his neighbors.....I’m like smmfh.... niggas yo
My sister's neighbors stole her packages too. She own's her home, but both houses next to her always get tenants who rent and they always got someone living there who in some shit.

People can get out. We got out, but we are not in a middle class area, just not the ghetto. People can move where it is cheaper so they can afford it. They just need to make the necessary sacrifices. Its all in being disciplined with their finances when they don't have much. I saw Shaheim's vkad interview about how he got his face sliced at a club in Staton Island over his chain. What was the point of that? He went back and was attacked instead of embraced.
We really should do a thread in this type shit.

I want to do it on the Scott la Rick Jr video.
He says dudes with money should come back. An if they too scared...They should give it to some old lady an have her help out the hood.

I had so many problems with that statement.

Cuz why people gotta be scared vs smart.
You know you'll be a target cuz you from that type of environment.
But to say scared places do many people in an ego vs smart position an they try to prove something.

I'll add more later

But elzo

It's not all black people tho

How Ob?

Impossible. Too many blacks don't understand the value of money and investing. Piggy back off credit to get loans? Negro is you crazy? My family cannot even show up on time to get togethers and you think niggas from the hood can be trusted with loans? You fail to realize most don't have the same value to improve the neighborhood. Jordans and weave or weed are more important.

Niggas gotta stop believing this speaking it to existence

Like we believing stereotypes so easy. Every Briggs in the hood robs and spent money on jays and got baby moms? This some Reagan shit. If y’all know majority of blacks don’t fit that why we keep talking about it

Niggas gotta stop believing this speaking it to existence
Bro most of my family like that and the people in the neighborhoods I visit. Its not just the hood either. You forget I am from Baltimore? Shit ain't changed since the 90s. My aunt got a Lex but struggles to pay her mortgage. Oh scratch that, just remembered she got a Jaguar now. She change cars like underwear eventhough she struggling. No stereotyping, just cold hard facts. Its about how blacks spend money in general, not just jays or about baby mamas. Dwayne Haskins went out and bought some dumb ass jewelry and some other bs with his first million. I guarantee Baker did not do that or no other white QB.

Oh and of course this ain't about every black person, but the ones still in the hood. I do know those who spent their money wiseless and doing good. Lets not pretend people who out there working legally don't have options.

Last edited:
Bro most of my family like that and the people in the neighborhoods I visit. Its not just the hood either. You forget I am from Baltimore? Shit ain't changed since the 90s. My aunt got a Lex but struggles to pay her mortgage. Oh scratch that, just remembered she got a Jaguar now. She change cars like underwear eventhough she struggling. No stereotyping, just cold hard facts. Its about how blacks spend money in general, not just jays or about baby mamas. Dwayne Haskins went out and bought some dumb ass jewelry and some other bs with his first million. I guarantee Baker did not do that or no other white QB.

Oh and of course this ain't about every black person, but the ones still in the hood. I do know those who spent their money wiseless and doing good. Lets not pretend people who out there working legally don't have options.

bro he is an athlete how you know he ain’t invest in some shit? You just saw house a jewels and said here niggas go again. Fuck Baker Mayfield if he got a house and a new truck why is he smarter than the black dude?

this is like those Bill Gates memes saying he spent 20 dollars on a shirt but some rapper brought a Gucci belt. When in reality the shit Bill gates wears niggas don’t even have access too.

both yall can be right.
both sides can and should be respected.

the problem is the fact yall both right but someone wants to be right(er)

why cant a black man want his people to do better? and be better?
why cant a black man try to understand someones point about being better?

sometimes you cant see how big the fire is if you still in the fire. so should it be ok to listen to a black man who is not in the fire about how big the fire is and how you can get out the fire?

this shit is the allegory of the cave hood version type shit.

Back