Welcome To aBlackWeb

How do we combat “Gentrification”?

Can't remember for sure, but it was either on 60 Minutes or Vice.

Could've been Wyatt Cenac's Problem Areas too.
Yea cuz i know a homie who got an apt thru a lottery process at this luxury high rise in new york and none of that is true. I will say the renters who have to pay 3x the amount they paying give the salty judgemental looks lol. Now i dont know if the apts look any different then his tho.

Yea cuz i know a homie who got an apt thru a lottery process at this luxury high rise in new york and none of that is true. I will say the renters who have to pay 3x the amount they paying give the salty judgemental looks lol. Now i dont know if the apts look any different then his tho.
Lmao facts in Chicago there’s an ordinance that newly constructed buildings designed for renting have to put aside a certain amount of units for low income residents....usually what they ll do is place all the low income tenants on the same floor as to not mix them in with the ppl paying more than primo dollars to live in those buildings...the ppl paying primo dollars hate having to share their buildings w low income tenants

Lmao facts in Chicago there’s an ordinance that newly constructed buildings designed for renting have to put aside a certain amount of units for low income residents....usually what they ll do is place all the low income tenants on the same floor as to not mix them in with the ppl paying more than primo dollars to live in those buildings...the ppl paying primo dollars hate having to share their buildings w low income tenants
To keep it real, i feel em lol. Ill be salty as fuck too if im paying 4-5 stacks a month and im on the elevator wit a nigga who smell like weed and paying about 1g a month lol.

Like yo i was chillin wit homie at the crib and he had alil get together with the other lottery tenants he got cool wit and I WAS uncomfortable with the level of ratchetness they was showing lmao. Like damn yall just really dont give a fuck huh lol.

Guess who else dont want to share them buildings?
:hedidit:

To keep it real, i feel em lol. Ill be salty as fuck too if im paying 4-5 stacks a month and im on the elevator wit a nigga who smell like weed and paying about 1g a month lol.
nigga you gonna ask him where the weed at.

frontin

Like yo i was chillin wit homie at the crib and he had alil get together with the other lottery tenants he got cool wit and I WAS uncomfortable with the level of ratchetness they was showing lmao. Like damn yall just really dont give a fuck huh lol.
ok....we need to save this post here.

cuz this nigga stay talking that cant go to the hood shit.

now he uncomfortable?

sommin aint addin up

Man im tired of pullin ya card but YOU KNOW where you claimed to be and wasnt.

Run along.
like the dream chasers....i was sleep and i said that i was tired from all the travelling.

and you came with ya homies in a city im solo in.....

yea....you run along chump.

Even more upset because.........from what I know..........for apartments like that in New York, you'd be paying a lot more than 4-5 stacks a month.

Even more upset because.........from what I know..........for apartments like that in New York, you'd be paying a lot more than 4-5 stacks a month.
Facts i kept it modest cuz i dont know for sure but i def think that building was close to the 6-7 range cuz its midtown manhatten. Ridiculously priced everything over there.

New York real estate so crazy I met a girl once who told me she s an assistant principal but can only afford to rent a room in Gentrified Brooklyn ....I was so confiswd
Its ridiculous man. Its indescribable how hard niggas is hustling to just afford a room. About 45% of the city is in poverty or close to it but let social media tell the story....

Its ridiculous man. Its indescribable how hard niggas is hustling to just afford a room. About 45% of the city is in poverty or close to it but let social media tell the story....
Growing up I never understood why NYC niggas were so proud to live in the projects then u get older and realize this the only way some can afford to live regularly

Growing up I never understood why NYC niggas were so proud to live in the projects then u get older and realize this the only way some can afford to live regularly
Trust, niggas aint proud to live in no projects. Shit is survival tactics. Ask any homie to trade pissy staircases and no heat for a luxury condo and they'll be packed ready to go before you finish the sentence. Unfortunately after a while alot just feel its as good as its gonna get and get into the herd mentality of reppin hard for some shit that clearly doesnt rep them back.

Back