Welcome To aBlackWeb

How did baseball go from number 1 in America

5th Letter

Mod Squad
To the number 3 sport? Not even that long ago 14/15 years baseball was king. But they’ve lost their crown, they’ve let football and basketball surpass them. What happened?

Game too slow.

Hardly any American black people.

Every baseball highlight looks the same.

Not many marketable superstars.

I don’t watch baseball but I live in LA and I’ve heard Mike Trout is one of the best baseball players ever, never seen him in any commercial or anything. Plus his teams never make the playoffs.

Games too long for the casual fan. Shit even at games you can see people on their phone between pitches.

No black American stars
Marketing is trash (Mike Trout the perfect example)

Not much parody

This shit with the Astros might bring some more eyes to the game but idk. All it really did was piss the boomers off lol n

I wish I could find that clip but a dude that plays in MLB had an epic rant

Basketball and football to a degree have embraced social media

Basketball finally got rid of most uniform restrictions or better yet, they relaxed on the shoes realizing shoe culture is huge in basketball. The stars who now by and large come up through aau are entering the league at least one year removed from high school

Baseball, dude might be stuck in the minors for years before he sees the majors. Hard to market someone people don't know exist

Football has the benefit of college where you can make the investment into a player early so that by the time he get drafted you already know who he is.

And not enough American born blacks play it

I used to love baseball. Playing n watching it. But once I got into watching football, I slowly phased out baseball. Baseball ain't got the drama and suspense that a sports like football got. Too many games and they dont have true dominant stars to market. The 90s had Griffey, AROD, Sosa, McGuire, Bonds, pedro Martinez, manny Ramirez and countless others. The steroid era helped, but their response to it kinda made the game boring. 162 games is too many games to keep up w in this era, we live in a faster paced society now. After 12 football games, certain teams are basically fighting for playoff spots. That type of suspense and drama is entertaining.

Times have changed and Baseball was a sport for a certain era. Back when people used tonolay stick ball. It is not as exciting as bball and football. The homerun is noy distingquished compared to a slam dunk or a big pass play. Pitching os not as interesting as a pass from a QB.

I wish I could find that clip but a dude that plays in MLB had an epic rant

Basketball and football to a degree have embraced social media

Basketball finally got rid of most uniform restrictions or better yet, they relaxed on the shoes realizing shoe culture is huge in basketball. The stars who now by and large come up through aau are entering the league at least one year removed from high school

Baseball, dude might be stuck in the minors for years before he sees the majors. Hard to market someone people don't know exist

Football has the benefit of college where you can make the investment into a player early so that by the time he get drafted you already know who he is.

And not enough American born blacks play it
Trevor bauer killed em. He's right too. Cant see the fuckin games anywhere

Baseball is still old fashion

No real interest in marketing to minorities to get them to play

All things cheating

It's boring af

Too long

TV commentators sound boring af

Like the nba just took a gamble and changed the whole format of the all star game on a whim. I can't remember the last time baseball did anything radical.

The only time ppl really pay attention is during playoffs. The season 6 months long ain't really no incentive to watch during the regular season.

Also doesnt help that most the rules in baseball are unwritten lol. So you had to have played or grown up around it to really get it.

If Mike Trout walked down the street the average person couldn't even tell who the fuck he was

If LeBron James walked down the street it would be absolute mayhem

There's the difference, their stars aren't viable, marketable nor recognizable.

ARod and Papi Ortiz are still probably two of the most popular players around and they no longer play.

The game is too old, too slow and too gotdamn long

Only reason why baseball is still around in the capacity that is, is because of the old mfers still reminiscing on the "good ole days"

Back