Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Come Dr J Doesn't Get His Flowers?

I've had this conversation before. If they're both unstoppable centers, how come Robinson has two rings and Ewing has zero? I mean, a center is 7 feet tall and plays by the basket. He should be able to score 40 points at will (if he's any good).

Robinson scored 71 points against the Los Angeles Clippers on April 24, 1994. Only Elgin Baylor (71 points), Wilt Chamberlain (70, 72, 73 twice, 78, 100 points), David Thompson (73 points), Devin Booker (70 points), and Kobe Bryant (81 points) have scored 70 or more points in a single game.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 7.32.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 7.30.08 PM.png

I've had this conversation before. If they're both unstoppable centers, how come Robinson has two rings and Ewing has zero? I mean, a center is 7 feet tall and plays by the basket. He should be able to score 40 points at will (if he's any good).

Robinson scored 71 points against the Los Angeles Clippers on April 24, 1994. Only Elgin Baylor (71 points), Wilt Chamberlain (70, 72, 73 twice, 78, 100 points), David Thompson (73 points), Devin Booker (70 points), and Kobe Bryant (81 points) have scored 70 or more points in a single game.

View attachment 398223

View attachment 398224

Because one played with Tim Duncan and the other played with Derek Harper

View attachment 398223

View attachment 398224
Robinson was washed and had Tim Duncan lead the team to those two rings

Marketing & Promotion. Doc gets pushed out because the NBA wasn’t marketable to white America& known as a niche sport until the Magic-Bird rivalry. Similarly why the pistons are never marketed. Doc as a player is like Kareem too black for corporations. How can the NBA promote Doc today in a commercial? Skill wise Doc is on Jordan’s level but the NBA changed rules & pushed Jordan to be the money maker it is today. I think Doc is happy to be remembered as not selling out & shakes his head at Barkley every night he watched TNT.

Back