Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Come Dr J Doesn't Get His Flowers?

That’s one of your criteria’s that need to be met?
Not a criteria but if you got a player that played before that cut off I really don’t put TOO much stock in it

Rick Barry averaging 34ppg and having 25 and 10 rookie seasons and shit fuck outta here

Well since you asked.....Magic to start. Nigga couldn't go left or shoot.
This Shit gotta stop

See the source image

In his five ABA seasons, Erving won three scoring titles, three Most Valuable Player awards and two championships

In 1972-73 he averaged 31.9 points per game

Erving led the 76ers to the NBA finals four times in seven years, including their 1983 championship win. He was voted the NBA's Most Valuable Player in 1981. He retired in 1987 after having become the third professional player to have scored a career total of 30,000 points.

People always talk about MJ, Kobe and LeBron. I think Dr J belongs in the conversation.

This is like asking why Jesus gets more credit than God. Dr J is literally a role model for like everybody that played in the 80s

The Doc is MJ 1.0. He was the first legit star in the NBA to have a shoe deal, the fist to win the slam dunk contest, the first to do the foul line dunk; Hell, the Kentucky Squires traded him to NY just to keep their league alive when he had the brightest star there. He was a trendsetter on the court.

He got his biography special, which was dope. I think if he had Moses in Philly from jump, he would've finished with six rings total - 3 from the ABA and 3 from the NBA. No way the Sixers should've lost to the Blazers in '76 or the Lakers in 80 after Kareem went down.

Even still, he's a Top 5 Small Forward. I'd rank him #3 as of now - behind only Bron and Bird. KD MIGHT surpass him, but we'll see. The ABA thing kinda puts him in the universe where Warren Moon lives; having great careers in another league that was written off cause it wasn't "the league."

Doc is Top 15-20 overall, tho. And I think that's enough respect for him. He's pretty much known as THE greatest player for the Sixers AND Nets franchises (tho, Wilt may have a say about that in Philly). He's fine.

Virginia Squires*

Dr. J is closer to Dominique than MJ. I think he gets that much credit.

To be fair, Dr J won two championships in the ABA and one in the NBA. He went to the finals 4X in the NBA.

I doubt if Domonique ever went to the finals.

On a side note, I just realized that Robert Parish was on the 96-97 Bulls. So he won three championships with the Celtics and one with the Bulls. He didn't start on the Bulls but he was on the team. That was his last season. He played an NBA-record 1,611 regular season games in his career.

Back