Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Can Black People In America Not Get Looked At As A Monolith?

SirReginald

Black Jew. Baruch Adonai
Let's face it, there's people out there that don't see us as individuals. Also, when I say Black people I don't mean just African-Americans, but all Black people in America. Hell, in our community, some people within our community find it strange or different if we practice a different religion from the norm or like Rock music which was founded by Blacks.

Thoughts?

White ppl look at us like a monolith. Other races follow up with that same sentiment because they're more likely to socially and economically congregate with white ppl. There's a higher degree of mutual comfort and understanding among them.

That's why black stereotypes are so entrenched. There's a segregate divide. Isolationism. Isolation is a breeding ground for cultural monotony and preconceived expectations. When u step outside those narrowed boundaries you get called out on it. You get called out, the anxieties that social pressures fuel might just pull u back in.

I listen to metal and a lot ppl wouldn't expect that, but these same ppl wouldn't bat an eye at an Asian or Indian or Latino who listens to this supposedly white genre of music. No North American born Asian, Indian, Latino etc gets accused of "sounding white". I could go on.

We gotta break free. Let loose. There's many ways to do that. Off the top, one method is just not giving af what ppl think.

Back