Welcome To aBlackWeb

How bad is the state of the WWE right now?

But those brands don't have the financial stature like WWE. So I tend to give those brands more of a pass b/c they don't have big TV deals like WWE.

But WWE has NO excuse. They got the money to hire better writers. But even if they did...nothing will change b/c Vince has a strangle hold on that. I think this Fox deal is the only thing I can see that'll make him step down from creative, and pass it to HHH.

yea come to think of it a promotion like ROH honestly doesnt even have to worry about ratings especially with it not being on a major network

WWEs deal w/ Fox means they will have to step it up so i wont be surprised if we see some major changes start to take place leading into the fall. There might be a lot of folks in backstage roles getting canned and replaced.

I haven't watched it since Umaga passed. Umaga was my dawg in the WWE but I still remember around that time that the quality was starting to diminish

Its def not wrestling in general, its WWE.

I know more Americans who watch NJPW and ROH the past few years more then I ever have seen as a wrestling fan since 97. AEW has the wrestling world buzzing off hype alone and casted a great roster and 3 indie guys sold 10,000 seat building on their own name (not even a established TNA in their prime did this) and they did it again this year now with a brand. IMPACT is just TNA, hard to say they will ever recover. ROH might be hurting due to losing the Bucks and Hangman but ROH usually rebuilds every few years anyway with consistent quality. WWE is putting put complete shit and follow up it up with more shit the next night then repeat the week, you cant find a positive out the company right now beside they got alot of money out Saudi and have the Fox deal in place(tho it's going to be almost impossible to get the numbers Fox wants to stay at to avoid canceling with WWE's current creative)

Last edited:
Its def not wrestling in general, its WWE.

I know more Americans who watch NJPW and ROH the past few years more then I ever have seen as a wrestling fan since 97. AEW has the wrestling world buzzing off hype alone and casted a great roster and 3 indie guys sold 10,000 seat building on their own name (not even a established TNA in their prime did this) and they did it again this year now with a brand. IMPACT is just TNA, hard to say they will ever recover. ROH might be hurting due to losing the Bucks and Hangman but ROH usually rebuilds every few years anyway with consistent quality. WWE is putting put complete shit and follow up it up with more shit the next night then repeat the week, you cant find a positive out the company right now beside they got alot of money out Saudi and have the Fox deal in place(tho it's going to be almost impossible to get the numbers Fox wants to stay at to avoid canceling with WWE's current creative)

But wouldn't the fact that Impact couldn't recover be a sign that its not just WWE but wrestling in general?

I mean this is like the 3rd time that TNA has tried to rebrand itself w/ new owners and everything. After they fucked up by signin WWE guys they tried to fix it and started trying to get new, fresh talent along w/ a few guys from the indies and that didnt work either. Bad ratings has now led them to being on a soap opera channel

Theres also Lucha Underground. Which was hot a couple years ago and everybody was eating it up due to its different style but now its completely done due to bad ratings. There is no season 6.

I feel like it just hit those companies first but now WWE is experiencing it.

yea come to think of it a promotion like ROH honestly doesnt even have to worry about ratings especially with it not being on a major network

WWEs deal w/ Fox means they will have to step it up so i wont be surprised if we see some major changes start to take place leading into the fall. There might be a lot of folks in backstage roles getting canned and replaced.

Exactly.

B/c ROH...NJPW...Impact doesn't have that pressure to focus mostly on just the entertainment side to boost ratings like WWE, this why I said the quality of wrestling is better.

I don't have a good feeling wit this Fox deal or WWE will last. I agree you, they gonna have to make some MAJOR changes.

But wouldn't the fact that Impact couldn't recover be a sign that its not just WWE but wrestling in general?

I mean this is like the 3rd time that TNA has tried to rebrand itself w/ new owners and everything. After they fucked up by signin WWE guys they tried to fix it and started trying to get new, fresh talent along w/ a few guys from the indies and that didnt work either. Bad ratings has now led them to being on a soap opera channel

Theres also Lucha Underground. Which was hot a couple years ago and everybody was eating it up due to its different style but now its completely done due to bad ratings. There is no season 6.

I feel like it just hit those companies first but now WWE is experiencing it.

Lucha Underground went under due to lack of funds. I heard it was very expensive to run shows for that brand.

The main reason why WWE is in bad shape right now is due to lack of creative. I'm watching RAW right now and I just skipped through an 1hr 1/2 within 20 mins b/c most of the first hour is littered with segments or a tag match no one wants to see.

First hour:

Opening promo turned into a tag match
Mojo/Crews
Braun Strowman promo
Braun/Zayn/Shane backstage segment
Women's contract signing
Corbin/Ricochet

This ^^^^ is why RAW ratings have been in the toliet. Same tired ass formula and concepts. They spend more time on promos and backstage segments then putting together decent matches.

The main reason why WWE is in bad shape right now is due to lack of creative. I'm watching RAW right now and I just skipped through an 1hr 1/2 within 20 mins b/c most of the first hour is littered with segments or a tag match no one wants to see.

First hour:

Mojo/Crews
Braun Strowman promo
Women's contract signing
Corbin/Ricochet

This ^^^^ is why RAW ratings have been in the toliet. Same tired ass formula and concepts. They spend more time on promos and backstage segments then putting together decent matches.

Yea, I noticed its always this same shit pretty much in the same order week in and week out

the show always opens w/ a promo which leads into a match being made either right there on the spot or for later on in the main event

rarely does it start off w/ a match or a backstage segment w/ two rivals beating eachother ass, its always the same shit they gotta switch it up

First hour:

Mojo/Crews
Braun Strowman promo
Women's contract signing
Corbin/Ricochet

Big facts

They stopped cutting
They stopped chair shots to the head
They stopped certain chokehold moves

WWE hasn't really been GOOD since the Ruthless Aggression Era.

I don’t see what the big deal is if someone blades once in a while or takes a protected chair shot to the head. But it’s 2019 so....

they started taking themselves too seriously...

wrestling is supposed to be mindless fun.....

even the most complex storylines are typical on the jerry sprigner side of silly.....

today. they try to hard to be too realistic, and lost the connect with the fans

They stopped cutting
They stopped chair shots to the head
They stopped certain chokehold moves

WWE hasn't really been GOOD since the Ruthless Aggression Era.

I believe that was right around the time I stopped checking for it. Things become too cheesy. Remind me of Mortal Kombat 1 before the bloody code lol

I disagree wrestling being more serious and realistic being the issue. That's what makes me excited about AEWs plan to be a sport based show rather then just a storyline focused show. I dont even think WWE is playing their cards in a realistic way only time they do is when they put the Takeovers on, those you can say come off like a sport and real competiton and it works.

Vince is the issue, point blank. Writers can come up with 100 storylines and If Vince is going to give up on it because they were in Alabama and they didnt pop as hard then it's a complete fail to him...I know it's his company but he shouldnt be part of creative.

Triple H's NXT style is the future of WWE and Vince needs to let it happen.

And for the folks who dont bother with NXT or their ppvs your missing out on the one golden thing WWE does right consistently.

One day... I just hope its soon

they banned chokeholds and chairshots to the head a year or two after that benoit shit

I can see why they done this honestly following the beniot situation and all those lawsuits that got brought on a couple years after it. Its still people trying to sue them till this day over concussions.

I think a lot of shit was also done away w/ cause of Linda McMahon being on some political shit but she not doing that anymore so hopefully things turn around

Back