Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION How accurate is this map? And what you think it means?

0DE8EB07-B0A1-4C7B-AB21-587186F21EDB.jpeg
So to me this map is probably accurate most Americans don’t move far from home and tend to stay close to family. Dude who posted this originally was saying black people need to move back South in order to take over politically by having a majority population not just in urban areas but whole states. I don’t think it’s that simple or easy but I kind of get it. We are overall highly concentrated in urban areas and that does hold a lot of political power we are not in rural areas we don’t farm as much we aren’t spread out as much and we all know why.

But I’m also thinking if you live in a place like DC, Cali or NYC or Chicago yes it might be a higher cost of living but moving to a more conservative state or region I assume would be stressful. I get the idea of wanting new Black Wallstreet or like Harlem in the 1930s or even how ATL as like the black Mecca.

What do y’all think? Would moving to majority black areas en masse over 20 or so years do more harm than good? Do we trust each other? We saw Georgia turn blue because of us.

I think it could only help us to be geographically close. I got meetings right now but I'll be back with a more fleshed out response later.

Good thought provoking question though.

I think it could only help us to be geographically close. I got meetings right now but I'll be back with a more fleshed out response later.

Good thought provoking question though.
I couldn’t really see an issue with us being together geographically once we get there, but I think getting us there would be a hurdle. Like you said, people tend to be comfortable where they were raised, and to get people that are used to a northern/west coast urban environment to come down south would be a big hill to climb. And vice versa because southern folks like the space and slow pace of the south. And just getting us organized enough to do it is something else.

I’d love for us to do it but I don’t think a lot of blacks from more tolerant places are jumping at the chance to see confederate flags waived everywhere and always being suspicious of every white person you come across.

Map is accurate for the reason you stated, and it reflects where folks settled after they migrated here, or were brought here by force via slavery.

Pa has a huge quaker population and shit i grew up in germantown...lol

i can see the italian and irish above NYC in boston an shit.

the south i can see black folk lineage....
\

i cant be 100 on this

On the other hand, how funny is it that the US was englands colonies and theres barely any engliah decent left.

Not mad at that at all.

Back