Welcome To aBlackWeb

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
I grew up struggling, and like some of you, I've even experienced homelessness. One thing I know is that there is a growing housing crisis in my part of the world - The Bay Area - and there may be similar conditions on your part of the planet as well.

Now we know that housing crisis manifests in several ways from gentrification to shady property management, to unaffordable housing, to the very policies and loopholes these property managers use to exploit the people.

The end result of these conditions are ultimately homelessness and incarceration = human capitol/slavery.

So what do you see as some solutions to eliminating homelessness and unjust living conditions in our areas, but ultimately around the world?

Unorthodox, outside of the box, and even hypothetically "illegal" (not immoral) solutions are encouraged in this thread. If it's the right thing to do, it's the right thing to do.

Now what do we do?

I've always wanted to flip houses

When Baltimore was having their riots and what not @Dupacalypse and I talked about wanted to create a mentor ship to teach/show the youth how to flip the abandon houses in Baltimore. Killing a few birds with one stones. You are teaching most of them a trade they can use throughout life, you are teaching them how to take care and appreciate their city, and of course providing homes where they might have been torn down. Other then renting out those spaces, we never really thought about how we could make them affordable or accessible to lower income families. But alot of churches and charities around here will buy places for people they know who are down and out. Our church use to own a home or two they would allow members who needed it to stay for little to nothing until they got back on their feet.

I'm all about helping those in tough situations but they "programs" i love them most are the ones that not only help them temporarily but show them how to do better.

Communes. We need to provide housing/shelter for those who are struggling. The best way is through a commune or in your OWN house. I know this sounds crazy but it's the only way.

Housing is political. Ya know?

I've always wanted to flip houses

When Baltimore was having their riots and what not @Dupacalypse and I talked about wanted to create a mentor ship to teach/show the youth how to flip the abandon houses in Baltimore. Killing a few birds with one stones. You are teaching most of them a trade they can use throughout life, you are teaching them how to take care and appreciate their city, and of course providing homes where they might have been torn down. Other then renting out those spaces, we never really thought about how we could make them affordable or accessible to lower income families. But alot of churches and charities around here will buy places for people they know who are down and out. Our church use to own a home or two they would allow members who needed it to stay for little to nothing until they got back on their feet.

I'm all about helping those in tough situations but they "programs" i love them most are the ones that not only help them temporarily but show them how to do better.

This is a great idea! Learning about property value especially for the youth to learn and to eventually establish some generational wealth.

Learning what to do with property when you get it is important. I think a lot of where we may get caught up is knowing how to acquire and keep that piece of property to begin with. But once I "own" that piece of property I can do whatever I want with it as long as I pay whatever property taxes.

That being said, I can make free housing on my property and pay my property taxes through donations of the community if I choose. It doesn't necessarily have to make money for it to be effective on a major scale in the neighborhood. I can also charge rent that only covers the property tax/expenses, keeping the housing very affordable. But fuck affordable if it can be free.

We can basically buy a bunch of property and turn them into some form of free living homes.

Ideally, this would allow the neighborhood/community to stack their money and resources and to build and maintain some economic power in the community.

If you two decide to follow through with this idea I will support it.

Communes. We need to provide housing/shelter for those who are struggling. The best way is through a commune or in your OWN house. I know this sounds crazy but it's the only way.

Housing is political. Ya know?

What you suggested may come across as extreme but it's really called compassion. We turn our backs and make up excuses as to why we're not going to help people visibly struggling in front of us.

What you suggested with turning your own home into a commune is revolutionary and it's an immediate solution most of us can apply right now!

An agreement can be if you stay in my home you don't have to "pay rent" in money as much as a valuable service or resource you provide. The same for an apartment complex, the tenants can "pay rent" through services or resources they provide for maintenance of the property. Or at a rate where the cost of the property taxes and expenses are evenly split between each tenant that is the head of household.

I believe in squatting.

I seen first hand how many of those $3mill apartments in overcrowded cities r kept empty. If they wanna hoard property n space, may as well write it intI the law that empty properties will be used as a reserve as needed.

What you suggested may come across as extreme but it's really called compassion. We turn our backs and make up excuses as to why we're not going to help people visibly struggling in front of us.

What you suggested with turning your own home into a commune is revolutionary and it's an immediate solution most of us can apply right now!

An agreement can be if you stay in my home you don't have to "pay rent" in money as much as a valuable service or resource you provide. The same for an apartment complex, the tenants can "pay rent" through services or resources they provide for maintenance of the property. Or at a rate where the cost of the property taxes and expenses are evenly split between each tenant that is the head of household.
If I was able to stack enough cash, I'd try to turn a neglected apartment building into a self sustaining co-op. Could just divide the mortgage cost n taxes among the tenants.

I believe in squatting.

I seen first hand how many of those $3mill apartments in overcrowded cities r kept empty. If they wanna hoard property n space, may as well write it intI the law that empty properties will be used as a reserve as needed.

Squatting is a powerful action, it's low key what I do with the food growing spaces. There's a lot of either neglected property, land, and abandoned homes and buildings in my neighborhood. There's also a lot of homelessness and they do squat in these places but the police look for them and kick them out of these places every time. I watch the police only protect the interests of the rich while criminalizing the poor for being poor regularly.

People do squat out of desperation, maybe making it into a policy that neglected and abandoned property can be used as a reserve like you said is important because the police know what they're doing is wrong on a basic human level but because of a policy or a paycheck, will put their conscience aside and protect the interests of "the haves".

Squatting is a powerful action, it's low key what I do with the food growing spaces. There's a lot of either neglected property, land, and abandoned homes and buildings in my neighborhood. There's also a lot of homelessness and they do squat in these places but the police look for them and kick them out of these places every time. I watch the police only protect the interests of the rich while criminalizing the poor for being poor regularly.

People do squat out of desperation, maybe making it into a policy that neglected and abandoned property can be used as a reserve like you said is important because the police know what they're doing is wrong on a basic human level but because of a policy or a paycheck, will put their conscience aside and protect the interests of "the haves".
Everything u said 100%.

It's barbaric that there can be so many huge, lavish places staying empty for years while ppl r freezing n starving in the streets. Meanwhile the homeless r shuffled around out of the public eye (as been happening in NY) like bad decor, forced into even worse positions like sleeping with rats under train stations cuz the police told them to get off the high street. it's disgusting.

I understand the desire for private property but on a human level, second homes n third homes n shit should be up for grabs for social welfare purposes in time of need. Even if just while people get back on their feet.

Kicking the homeless out of abandoned n neglected buildings is the worst. Nobody even taking care of that building, y can't they turn the other cheek for the homeless n let them not be roofless that night? They're just tryna not sleep in the cold smh

If I was able to stack enough cash, I'd try to turn a neglected apartment building into a self sustaining co-op. Could just divide the mortgage cost n taxes among the tenants.

With an idea like that you might not need to stack that much if you find people who are willing to do this as well.

If 10 people invest into that property and purchase it, the amount that each person will need will drastically be reduced.

We live in the age of the internet and social media. Even some of the homeless have smartphones and internet access. We can make an official group that finds property and people who would are aligned with this concept. If we create a group name and a mission statement, we're in motion. Things will start connecting from there.

I want to follow up on this.

Trini if you or whoever reading this is down to help make a group name and a mission statement for this great idea, you got my support. Let me know!

With an idea like that you might not need to stack that much if you find people who are willing to do this as well.

If 10 people invest into that property and purchase it, the amount that each person will need will drastically be reduced.

We live in the age of the internet and social media. Even some of the homeless have smartphones and internet access. We can make an official group that finds property and people who would are aligned with this concept. If we create a group name and a mission statement, we're in motion. Things will start connecting from there.

I want to follow up on this.

Trini if you or whoever reading this is down to help make a group name and a mission statement for this great idea, you got my support. Let me know!
Very nice. I'm down, tho not immediately. we're gonna revisit this in the near future.

I think folks really need to be educated on all things housing and property. Start there.

Knowing the laws and how these companies get by with shady shyt thru these loopholes, I feel wit help better prepare them. Know your rights and fight back.

For this to occur you need a market crash again. Tech areas are especially expensive and that unfortunately won't change.

Every few years the economy needs a reset.

For this to occur you need a market crash again. Tech areas are especially expensive and that unfortunately won't change.

Every few years the economy needs a reset.

You don't need to wait for a market crash to apply solutions.

Great ones have already been suggested.

Back