Welcome To aBlackWeb

HOF or FOH: Sterling Sharpe

HOF or FOH: Sterling Sharpe

• Total voters
For a while he was a slight tier under Jerry Rice then he got hurt and people forgot about him. Good player but not HOF.

I think he had the numbers when he retired compared to those before him

Sterling should flat out be in. A few player have made it in based on short careers and projections of what they could've done and if being honest doing that same projections for Sterling he should be in IMO.

He was actually the only other receiver who was in a conversation being competition for Rice at the receiver position.

Sterling should flat out be in. A few player have made it in based on short careers and projections of what they could've done and if being honest doing that same projections for Sterling he should be in IMO.

He was actually the only other receiver who was in a conversation being competition for Rice at the receiver position.
Largent too.
He was before rice though

Ax what I said

Last edited:
Largent too.
He was before rice though

Ax what I said

I don't feel like Largent was in that conversation. He was definitely well respected and did his thing but he wasn't in that convo with Rice and Sterling Sharpe.

Largent was good as shit though. He was in Seattle putting in work

I don't feel like Largent was in that conversation. He was definitely well respected and did his thing but he wasn't in that convo with Rice and Sterling Sharpe.

Largent was good as shit though. He was in Seattle putting in work

He was nice. Before my time

When Largent retired, he held all major NFL receiving records, including: most receptions in a career (819), most receiving yards in a career (13,089), and most touchdown receptions (100). He was also in possession of a then-record streak of 177 consecutive regular-season games with a reception.

He was nice. Before my time

When Largent retired, he held all major NFL receiving records, including: most receptions in a career (819), most receiving yards in a career (13,089), and most touchdown receptions (100). He was also in possession of a then-record streak of 177 consecutive regular-season games with a reception.

Nobody can say he wasn''t nice or one of the best during his day. Looking at the stats by year he was on his last legs when Rice was making his name and Sterling came in 88 and Largent last year was 89.

So it makes sense for Largent to not be in that conversation. Now with things all said and done for all parties he still not really in that convo with Rice and most people feel like Sterling Sharpe would've been better as well if he didn't get hurt.

Sterling Sharpe is the only wideout with these specific circumstances revolving the end of his career that deserves to get in. The big argument is longevity but I think it’s pretty clear had he not got hurt he would of continued to put up numbers with Favre & have at least one ring.

Back