Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION HOA vs non HOA

Nigga.

If you wanted to plant a damn bush in your front yard you would need permission

If you want to change the shutters you need permission.

If you wanna decorate for a holiday most have to approve what you want to put up.

Parties at the crib? forget about em.

Getting permission for your house changes is gay
Brah, my last house I had all the freedom to do that and was always burned out

I never had parties anyway. And only hung a reef on the door for Christmas. This don't bother me lol

Dude used to live across tha street from me was putting up a real nice gazebo in his back yard...took about 2 months at least to get put up...cement patio...big cement pillars holding up tha cover/roof....it had to be 50’x50’ at least...had tha Mexicans back there all day working to get it put up....nigga finally gets tha shit up and has a cook out that Saturday...Monday he was tearing it down because he didn’t talk to tha HOA about it and it wasn’t approved smh...

My thing is I know they saw this man putting that shit up...it was dirty af to let him complete it then make him snatch it down....

Dude used to live across tha street from me was putting up a real nice gazebo in his back yard...took about 2 months at least to get put up...cement patio...big cement pillars holding up tha cover/roof....it had to be 50’x50’ at least...had tha Mexicans back there all day working to get it put up....nigga finally gets tha shit up and has a cook out that Saturday...Monday he was tearing it down because he didn’t talk to tha HOA about it and it wasn’t approved smh...

My thing is I know they saw this man putting that shit up...it was dirty af to let him complete it then make him snatch it down....
giphy.gif

That stressed me out just reading. That's insane. Ofcourse somebody will say "he should of got approval first" smfh.

Guess it'll be me

When I moved to my house last year, my HOA did the bare minimum when it came to explaining what I could and couldn't do

I reached out to them to find out was there some information I could get that explained it

I got it and read it. It was basic af. But my neighbor across the street have a gazebo that they built at some point and have had no issues

So yeah, the onus is on you to see what you can and can't do

But I do agree, the moment they saw him building it (assuming they could see it from the street) he should've gotten a heads up. But we are also assuming they were doing what they were supposed to be doing and riding through the neighborhood in the first place

That stressed me out just reading. That's insane. Ofcourse somebody will say "he should of got approval first" smfh.

Tha neighborhood was relatively new...my house was tha last house to be built in Phase 1...dude stayed across tha street from me and you could definitely see him building it up...in all honesty I think they did that to make a statement for future purposes on some “We dirty af and now y’all niggaz know how we roll” type shit....now he just has a cement area in his backyard wit a shed on it smh

Damned near every time I've lived in a subdivision with an HOA it was a problem. The only time it wasn't was the first sub we moved to in Phoenix in the SW part of the valley. New-ish sub, mostly middle class Mexicans with bruhs and a few whites thrown in to keep it colorful. The HOA there ain't never stress nobody out for working on cars in the driveway, having an extra car in the driveway or nothing like that.

One HOA left us notes about an oil stain in the driveway from the Volvo I was driving back then. We had a 3 car garage back then and I was storing shit in the 3rd bay. Ended up re-arranging the garage so I could pull my ride in every day. That HOA sent me a letter about working on the car in the driveway. Turns out some wretched bitch complained 'cause I was checking my oil and coolant level before work one morning.

One complained that the yard had never been landscaped per the HOA guidelines. We were in the process of buying the house from the cat we were renting from (a Chinese Dr and his brother that studied at ASU). I looked up the crib with the county and dude had owned the house since it was new... two years before we moved in. So they came at us to get the landscaping up to standard and not the owner and caused all sorts of grief. (we also found out from the county that the house was being sold to us for more than twice what it he bought it for new so we backed out of the deal).

One complained that we had a moving trailer parked out in front of the house... less than 8hrs after we moved into the house. Same HOA sent us a complaint about the front yard not having any sort of landscaping on it for the last 3-4 months... But we had only been there for a few weeks, which means they hadn't contacted the owner to do something about the landscaping for months and only decided to do something once we moved in.

Can't even put up a basketball rim over the garage 'cause of HOA's. Fuck an HOA.

Sounds like for the most part, some of y'all just have really shitty neighbors that use the HOA as big brother to fight their battles

The HOA probably think it's bullshit to begin with but they have to give the appearance they care

I got a note about my bushes when I first moved but I had been neglecting that part of my landscaping because I was still getting settled in and I still haven't decided exactly what I'm gonna do with that area

Borrowed dad's electric hedgers, trimmed them down and haven't had an issue since. They had a picture of my bushes so I'm inclined to believe it was them riding around and not a neighbor. The president lives right across the street and he seems nice enough

And y'all might as well embrace that the HOA isn't going anywhere and will exist in some shape or fashion

Unless you are super affluent and live in a dope as gated community, you're gonna have to accept that most of the nicer places you want to live will have one

Why did I think this was a hard on hoes vs not hard on hoes thread. Came in here ready to buss some heads. Disappointed to say the least.

Back