Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION HOA vs non HOA

I'd only buy a property with an HOA thats a vacation condo or town home, other than that, fuck that shit.

As for the people talking about property values, they swear any and everything negatively affects their property values. That shit just an excuse and except for extreme cases they mostly wrong IMO. On this car blog they had a story about this guy who has a car he sometimes drag races & he bout a new white enclosed trailer that be parks in his driveway (and fits entirely on it). The neighborhood has no HOA but some neighbors are trying to force him to sell it saying its an eyesore & ruining their properly values.

And I've wondered, the extra money you make selling ur house with an HOA, how much profit are you making when you factor all the money you've paid over the years in HOA, if any.

They are dumb

You can lose your home with HOA fees

LMAO at somebody telling you how to organize your front yard and what color to paint your house
Deadass my mans cant put a shed in his own backyard cuz they wont approve smh

HOA dues are $100 a month where we currently live.....kind of high but it comes with vehicle security patrols, swimming pool access from Memorial Day weekend to the day after Labor Day, basketball courts, security cameras at the entrance / exit points of the subdivision

The subdivision we are currently moving to HOA dues are only $580 a year with the same amenities listed above (except for the vehicle security patrols and the security cameras at the exit/entrance points)

You can lose your home if you fall behind on your HOA dues and HOA dues normally increase every couple of years

I guess with me, I don't plan on doing anything extravagant anyway so I'm not bothered by not being allowed to paint my house a different color or anything like that.

I hated the yard at my last house so I'm not tripping if there are landscaping restrictions because my other neighbors yards looked like shit compared to mine

I guess with me, I don't plan on doing anything extravagant anyway so I'm not bothered by not being allowed to paint my house a different color or anything like that.

I hated the yard at my last house so I'm not tripping if there are landscaping restrictions because my other neighbors yards looked like shit compared to mine

Nigga.

If you wanted to plant a damn bush in your front yard you would need permission

If you want to change the shutters you need permission.

If you wanna decorate for a holiday most have to approve what you want to put up.

Parties at the crib? forget about em.

Getting permission for your house changes is gay

They castrate you home ownership. Any shit that you want to do with YOUR shit, you have to get permission. I cant see you being cool with that.

I love knowing who my neighbors are and what they do. The HOA fee is not bad. It includes security, basic lawn care, community pool/clubhouse bunch of other useful stuff. We've been here 8 years and I've been president 3 times. I'm gonna do it again next year because I have a few ideas I want to push. We have no plans to move. Do your own research. Most rules only apply to the front exterior.

Back