Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION HOA vs non HOA

Big Lurko

Im not here to read more than 2 lines..
Where do you stand? Me personally, I've only heard horror stories pertaining to HOA housing and I'm not biggest fan of cookie cutter houses so I would never want to deal with it but I'm sure theres benefits like keeping property value.

I jus couldn't imagine getting fined for my grass being to high or having to get approval to change wall color or some shit.

What are yall experiences?

Last edited:
I'm on the fence about it as well

I think it was designed to have good intentions but I'll be damned if a neighbor gon be out here working on old ass cars making my property an eye sore

There are pros and cons.
You got someone telling you what you can and cant do with your own house and property, which is super wack. On top of that you gotta pay for them to tell you what to do.
On the other hand you dont have to worry about your neighborhood going down hill because of shitty neighbors parking cars in the grass or some other dumb shit. Plus there is usually a pretty nice pool or club house in your neighborhood.

I used to manage them

They're a good deal if you're looking to own and don't want to take on the liability of a lot of potential expenses. Also a good deal if you live somewhere with a housing market that is on the upswing price wise. You can cop a place with limited liability and sell it for a profit a year or two later

The trade off is the dues you pay, the management company potentially lagging on their responsibilities, finding out you have to pay for stuff you thought was covered and most definitely the HOA rat who snitches on people all the time because they have nothing else to do

I'm on the fence about it as well

I think it was designed to have good intentions but I'll be damned if a neighbor gon be out here working on old ass cars making my property an eye sore
What's wrong with working on a car on his own property tho?

The real problem with hoa is that it's often the exception and not the rule when it comes to having a good experience with them

My mom was the president of hers a few years ago and it's amazing what people with no jobs find to complain about

I think she told me one cac was caught repeatedly breaking the water pumps in the fountains at the start of the subdivision..tf?

I think he wanted them to use another type or some shit. I gotta ask her

I work for a HOA management company, but for condos and townhomes mostly. The residents that we get calls from are mostly dumb asses. And the boards are full of retired old folk who have nothing better to do then to complain about shit.

Back