Welcome To aBlackWeb

Headphones

I heard what the "audiophile" type niggas hyped up and it was trash. If yall like to hear every single sound and every little kick, then Audio Technicas are for u. I like my shit to knock but still sound crisp. Sony MDRs provide that, hence it being on every "top headphones" list.

Um... why wouldn't you want to hear that?

A few months later and I'm still impressed with how dope these headphones are.

If you're lookin for headphones that can get loud, with mad bass that'll make your head shake, but still has pretty good highs and lows, these are it:
sony.jpg

@Hustletown @OhMars

The KZ ATE earbuds came in today.

View attachment 38791

I ran 'em through a battery of music to get a feel for the sound quality, basically random tracks from the following albums:

Cliff Martinez - Solaris (movie score)
Daft Punk - Tron Legacy OMS
The Cool Kids - When Fish Ride Bicycles
Flying Lotus - Until The Quiet Comes
J Dilla - The Shining
Jeff Mills - Sequence: A Retrospective of Axis Records

I gotta give it up... these are some nice ass earbuds. The sound quality and detail I'm getting out of 'em almost rivals my recording headphones (Audio Technica ATH-M40fs). They're a lil on the bulky side and they're a bit awkward to get situated in-ear but once you got 'em in there right:

JrB2o1.gif

j/k They're not $16,000 headphones good (I just wanted an excuse to use that gif). But they do sound waaaaaaay better than their $10 price tag.

i ordered some of these off the strength of this thread and tried em out...theyre aaaaaaalright. i think i lean more towards goldies side, and wanna hear a bit more boom than they give. also i cant use em for working out because they keep falling out. these are cool for podcasts, phone calls, and audible lol, but ima stick to ordering these qy8 headphones by whatever the companys name is the week i order em.

qcy-qy8-headphones-review.jpg

i ordered some of these off the strength of this thread and tried em out...theyre aaaaaaalright. i think i lean more towards goldies side, and wanna hear a bit more boom than they give. also i cant use em for working out because they keep falling out. these are cool for podcasts, phone calls, and audible lol, but ima stick to ordering these qy8 headphones by whatever the companys name is the week i order em.

You need more boom??? I listen to Miami Bass shits with these and they handle it.

Also, did you figure out how they go in your ear? 'cause it ain't like you think.

kz-ates-ate-atr-hd9-copper-driver-hifi-sport-headphones-in-ear-earphone-for-running-with-2.jpg

They have to be rotated just like this in order to get them in your ear correctly. I couldn't figure it out when I first got 'em, once they're in your ear properly they also sound better.

You need more boom??? I listen to Miami Bass shits with these and they handle it.

Also, did you figure out how they go in your ear? 'cause it ain't like you think.

kz-ates-ate-atr-hd9-copper-driver-hifi-sport-headphones-in-ear-earphone-for-running-with-2.jpg

They have to be rotated just like this in order to get them in your ear correctly. I couldn't figure it out when I first got 'em, once they're in your ear properly they also sound better.

Good looks on that picture..
But yea it's the same..mid and high is pretty good, but the low end is still kinda lacking for me...lol shitty now because I was switching back and forth between those and my qy8 and the low end in the qy8 is good but now I want more highs in em

@konceptjones :L:

But yea it's the same..mid and high is pretty good, but the low end is still kinda lacking for me...lol shitty now because I was switching back and forth between those and my qy8 and the low end in the qy8 is good but now I want more highs in em

What's happening is you're hearing the music closer to the way it's supposed to be heard. More popular headphones like Beats and the like exaggerate the low end in music and once you become accustomed to hearing it like that you start to believe that's how it's supposed to sound. Most of the music I listen to is bass heavy, even the more esoteric shit (like the OST for Tron Legacy, anything by Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno, etc) and these headphones reproduce it in a way very similar to the sound system in my living room.

@808HiLife808 It just dawned on me: Did you use the ear cushions they provided with the ATE's? Cause those things suck ass. I had to pull the joints off my old earbuds in order to get them to fit my ear properly.

@808HiLife808 It just dawned on me: Did you use the ear cushions they provided with the ATE's? Cause those things suck ass. I had to pull the joints off my old earbuds in order to get them to fit my ear properly.

yea, im still using the ones that came with em...like i said i dont hate em, especially after seeing the ear wrap thing. they just dont have the "umph" that my qy8s have tho

Iā€™ve had these headphones for a minute and havenā€™t even truly experienced them till now.

Going from ā€œlo-fiā€ to ā€œmasterā€ on Tidal (or any streaming service that provides it) is an insane experience with high end headphones.

This shits like hearing songs for the first time, u can hear every little note and sound.

This Ross album bout to sound crazy

Aye, anybody know some decent Sony (or any other brand) wire earbuds for about 20 or so bucks I should get off Amazon. These are just to listen to songs @ work and make calls..... basically just good quality sound for the price point.

Back