Welcome To aBlackWeb

Headphones

I will say it depends what you're looking for in headphones.

If you're looking to hear very crisp sounds where u can hear every single instrument and tiny sound in a song, roll with Audio Technica. U won't get any thump and there's practically no bass.

If you're looking to hear crisp sounds (not as crisp as AT, but still very crisp) and a lot of thump that'll have u like this when u play your music :wdf2:

roll with the Sony MDR's

The problem is that "thump" is precisely what I don't want. "Thump" is a byproduct of piss poor design. There shouldn't be a shitload of bass unless the recording was intentionally made that way, and unless a song was released without going past the ears of a trained mastering engineer it wouldn't have "thump" to begin with. I don't want overly exaggerated bass like Beats and everything that tries to be like Beats has which is one of the biggest reasons they're consistently rated as some of the worst sounding headphones you can buy, especially for the price. If I'm mixing a track, I need it to be as accurate as possible. In headphones that's nearly impossible to get which is why you should never mix in cans to begin with but if you have to do it, like I do right now, then you need to get shit designed for studio use.

For just plain listening, the in-ear joints I have (KZ-ATE's) shit all over headphones that cost several times their price.

It's 2018 b, there won't be any headphone jacks in phones by 2020. Wireless is necessary.

With that said, I guarantee these Sony MDRs shit on any wired AT out there.

You Apple stans would like to believe that, but you're very wrong. And the real question is why would you even want that? Do you desire to listen to inferior sound quality? Because that's precisely what you get when listening to audio via Bluetooth's data compression. The only way to get decent audio through BT is to listen to high resolution (aka 24bit) WAV audio because when it hit the BT radio and it goes through data compression, the end result should be close to CD quality on the other end. Anything less than that is going to sound like ass.

Edit: I've owned Sony MDR-7504's and 7506's. At the time I bought my M40fs joints the original design 7506 wasn't in production. Looks like Sony has gone back to that original design and when I'm in the market for a new pair I'll probably cop because they're consistently the headphones you'll find in studio's across the globe.

The problem is that "thump" is precisely what I don't want. "Thump" is a byproduct of piss poor design. There shouldn't be a shitload of bass unless the recording was intentionally made that way, and unless a song was released without going past the ears of a trained mastering engineer it wouldn't have "thump" to begin with. I don't want overly exaggerated bass like Beats and everything that tries to be like Beats has which is one of the biggest reasons they're consistently rated as some of the worst sounding headphones you can buy, especially for the price. If I'm mixing a track, I need it to be as accurate as possible. In headphones that's nearly impossible to get which is why you should never mix in cans to begin with but if you have to do it, like I do right now, then you need to get shit designed for studio use.

For just plain listening, the in-ear joints I have (KZ-ATE's) shit all over headphones that cost several times their price.

You Apple stans would like to believe that, but you're very wrong. And the real question is why would you even want that? Do you desire to listen to inferior sound quality? Because that's precisely what you get when listening to audio via Bluetooth's data compression. The only way to get decent audio through BT is to listen to high resolution (aka 24bit) WAV audio because when it hit the BT radio and it goes through data compression, the end result should be close to CD quality on the other end. Anything less than that is going to sound like ass.

Edit: I've owned Sony MDR-7504's and 7506's. At the time I bought my M40fs joints the original design 7506 wasn't in production. Looks like Sony has gone back to that original design and when I'm in the market for a new pair I'll probably cop because they're consistently the headphones you'll find in studio's across the globe.

Nigga you're old af, of course you don't want that "thump". If u look at any of "top headphones" lists on youtube, you'll see the sony headphones,I might've seen AT once. If U can't handle bass, then more power to u, AT is right up your alley.

@ "why would i want wireless headphones" , that's like asking why would u want cell phones/cordless phones. Again, you're old af, u prolly got a corded rotary phone at the crib lol

Tidal offers Hi-Fi and guess what i have?

It's still compressed audio Goldie

Mp3 isn't the native format for songs recorded in studio

There is latency with wireless

It's still compressed audio Goldie

Mp3 isn't the native format for songs recorded in studio

There is latency with wireless

What does that have to do with what i'm saying?

Yall can keep using corded phones and shit, the fact still remains, there won't be phone jacks in phones in the next couple years.

In regards to the original topic, Audio Technicas are trash.

Nigga you're old af, of course you don't want that "thump". If u look at any of "top headphones" lists on youtube, you'll see the sony headphones,I might've seen AT once. If U can't handle bass, then more power to u, AT is right up your alley.

@ "why would i want wireless headphones" , that's like asking why would u want cell phones/cordless phones. Again, you're old af, u prolly got a corded rotary phone at the crib lol

Tidal offers Hi-Fi and guess what i have?

I have thump in the ride, I have a powered 10" Polk Audio subwoofer connected to my workstation to listen to shit while I work. I have Polk audio Monitor 60's in my entertainment setup. I've personally designed and built some of the most ridiculously loud and vomit inducing low frequency producing sound systems to ever come out of Detroit (ever seen a pair of 18" subs shoehorned into a Dodge Lancer? I built that shit out myself). Shit I have Bass 305, Dynamix II, and Techmaster PEB joints in my work playlists.

I LIVE bass.

But those same Polks I have out front also deliver QUALITY audio, and that's what I'm after. You're looking for "quantity", I'm looking for quality; there's a huge difference between the two and even at a young age I knew the difference between the two whereas you still have yet to figure it out. It's the reason I still have a pair of Paradigm Atom bookshelf speakers I copped back in '94/

You will consistently see Audio Technica ATH-M50's on the top of any list for headphones alongside Sony MDR-7506's. I own the step-down from the M50's and, as I've said already, I've owned the MDR-7506's as well as the step-down 7504's. I ran Sony headphones almost exclusively throughout the 90's and early 00's.

As for Tidal HiFi... It's supposed to sound better than other streaming services, but the moment you push it through bluetooth you lose that advantage. Shit makes no sense: Why pay for something better if you're just going to fuck up by sending it through BT?

I have thump in the ride, I have a powered 10" Polk Audio subwoofer connected to my workstation to listen to shit while I work. I have Polk audio Monitor 60's in my entertainment setup. I've personally designed and built some of the most ridiculously loud and vomit inducing low frequency producing sound systems to ever come out of Detroit (ever seen a pair of 18" subs shoehorned into a Dodge Lancer? I built that shit out myself). Shit I have Bass 305, Dynamix II, and Techmaster PEB joints in my work playlists.

I LIVE bass.

But those same Polks I have out front also deliver QUALITY audio, and that's what I'm after. You're looking for "quantity", I'm looking for quality; there's a huge difference between the two and even at a young age I knew the difference between the two whereas you still have yet to figure it out. It's the reason I still have a pair of Paradigm Atom bookshelf speakers I copped back in '94/

You will consistently see Audio Technica ATH-M50's on the top of any list for headphones alongside Sony MDR-7506's. I own the step-down from the M50's and, as I've said already, I've owned the MDR-7506's as well as the step-down 7504's. I ran Sony headphones almost exclusively throughout the 90's and early 00's.

As for Tidal HiFi... It's supposed to sound better than other streaming services, but the moment you push it through bluetooth you lose that advantage. Shit makes no sense: Why pay for something better if you're just going to fuck up by sending it through BT?

We're having 2 different debates. It's 2018, i'm no longer using wired headphones. Will i lose alil quality? Sure, but it's not really that noticeable as you're trying to make it seem. As far as bluetooth headphones, Audio Technicas are trash and from the roughly 20 or so "top headphones" lists I've seen , AT were mentioned once, while the Sony MDR's were on every list.

SN: The Sony MDRs come with wires if that's how u want to listen to your music.

We're having 2 different debates. It's 2018, i'm no longer using wired headphones. Will i lose alil quality? Sure, but it's not really that noticeable as you're trying to make it seem. As far as bluetooth headphones, Audio Technicas are trash and from the roughly 20 or so "top headphones" lists I've seen , AT were mentioned once, while the Sony MDR's were on every list.

You want wireless because Apple told you you wanted wireless and for no other reason; Apple consumers are sheep in that regard. Apple leads you and whatever idiotic design Apple throws out there, y'all swear it's the best thing happening... Even when it's shit that Apple once said the shit was stupid.

Remember this?

1*ZudtHb5YUsRSRB_jvEacVQ.jpeg

or this?

2002-bill-gates-introduces-the-2010-steve-jobs-introduces-2012-5800663.png

Or how Apple told y'all you didn't need bigger screens when the Galaxy S3 came out, and all of y'all went into a screeching rage poking fun at the Galaxy? And then the iPhone 6 came out 2 years later with, you guessed it, a bigger screen and y'all went full-on rabid monkey jumping up and down claiming it was the best thing ever.

And I can keep going.

The problem is y'all don't think for yourselves. They got rid of the headphone jack in order to sell you a dongle so you can plug in headphones... And y'all love that shit but when SAMSUNG did the exact same thing with their phones back in the mid to late-00's it was considered an incredibly stupid move only aimed at forcing you to buy an unnecessary accessory just to listen to music.

Apple told y'all that laptops didn't need ports... Then sold you a dongle to add ports.
Apple told y'all laptops and desktops didn't need optical drives, then sold you an external drive.

Y'all niggas fell for the banana in the tailpipe...

You want wireless because Apple told you you wanted wireless and for no other reason; Apple consumers are sheep in that regard. Apple leads you and whatever idiotic design Apple throws out there, y'all swear it's the best thing happening... Even when it's shit that Apple once said the shit was stupid.

Remember this?

1*ZudtHb5YUsRSRB_jvEacVQ.jpeg

or this?

2002-bill-gates-introduces-the-2010-steve-jobs-introduces-2012-5800663.png

Or how Apple told y'all you didn't need bigger screens when the Galaxy S3 came out, and all of y'all went into a screeching rage poking fun at the Galaxy? And then the iPhone 6 came out 2 years later with, you guessed it, a bigger screen and y'all went full-on rabid monkey jumping up and down claiming it was the best thing ever.

And I can keep going.

The problem is y'all don't think for yourselves. They got rid of the headphone jack in order to sell you a dongle so you can plug in headphones... And y'all love that shit but when SAMSUNG did the exact same thing with their phones back in the mid to late-00's it was considered an incredibly stupid move only aimed at forcing you to buy an unnecessary accessory just to listen to music.

Apple told y'all that laptops didn't need ports... Then sold you a dongle to add ports.
Apple told y'all laptops and desktops didn't need optical drives, then sold you an external drive.

Y'all niggas fell for the banana in the tailpipe...

Alot of feelings in that post fam.

Who df wants to walk around with a wire hanging if you're able to have a wireless version? You're old and washed fam, don't get mad at us for evolving with the times.

Yeah I was about to say the convo is split into two different ones

To your point, unless you are in music and an audiophile, you won't really be able to tell the differences. Joe average is the demographic that most of these people market to.

My only counter to you is while more and more phones are going away from the 3.5 jack, there are still ways to get a more hard wired sound of that's your thing. I don't think it's completely going to go away but it won't be featured as much

Yeah I was about to say the convo is split into two different ones

To your point, unless you are in music and an audiophile, you won't really be able to tell the differences. Joe average is the demographic that most of these people market to.

My only counter to you is while more and more phones are going away from the 3.5 jack, there are still ways to get a more hard wired sound of that's your thing. I don't think it's completely going to go away but it won't be featured as much

I heard what the "audiophile" type niggas hyped up and it was trash. If yall like to hear every single sound and every little kick, then Audio Technicas are for u. I like my shit to knock but still sound crisp. Sony MDRs provide that, hence it being on every "top headphones" list.

I heard what the "audiophile" type niggas hyped up and it was trash. If yall like to hear every single sound and every little kick, then Audio Technicas are for u. I like my shit to knock but still sound crisp. Sony MDRs provide that, hence it being on every "top headphones" list.
Aye man, I hear you

I got some wireless buds brah. I have no dog in the fight lol

Back