Welcome To aBlackWeb

He Said: "Black People Rather LOOK RICH Than ACTUALLY BE RICH!

agree to an extent

but ol girl need to stop shopping at Nordstroms if it bothers her that much...she has choice

I mean I can't really think of a likely scenario wherein you'd need to choose between the two.

The easiest way to anger my Maa when I was young was to leave the crib lookin' like shit. Ripped or creased clothes, ashy skin, messy hair. If she saw you on road lookin' like that she drag you inside and tell you we not poor the whole way.

Person to person basis.

And it has nothing to do with race....

Literally every race has people who stunt. Folk gotta stop thinking everything black folk do they don't like is black exclusive.

That shit everywhere.
this is true but we also gotta stop saying what everyone does if we not doing what everyone does.

its crazy how we can say everyone does it when it comes to our own accountability.
but then when its time to replicate others actions to rise up....its not the same energy.

but thats just my opinion.

I mean I can't really think of a likely scenario wherein you'd need to choose between the two.

The easiest way to anger my Maa when I was young was to leave the crib lookin' like shit. Ripped or creased clothes, ashy skin, messy hair. If she saw you on road lookin' like that she drag you inside and tell you we not poor the whole way.
you can look nice without spending a shit load of money.

can you really tell the different between $30 jeans and $300 jeans?

Person to person basis.

And it has nothing to do with race....

Literally every race has people who stunt. Folk gotta stop thinking everything black folk do they don't like is black exclusive.

That shit everywhere.
while this is true, the conversation is about black people and we all know people who fit this topic of convo

you can look nice without spending a shit load of money.

can you really tell the different between $30 jeans and $300 jeans?

Very true.

Yes you can tell the difference. Also the biggest difference between the 2 is quality of material used and how long each it will hold up to wear and tear.

There is a real reason people say you get what you pay for.

That is not to say go out buy $300 jeans if you can't really afford it but if can and want to buy it you should. If you can't it afford a person shouldn't compromise themselves to get it cause its not the $300 jeans that makes the person. But yes there is a difference between the 2.

Very true.

Yes you can tell the difference. Also the biggest difference between the 2 is quality of material used and how long each it will hold up to wear and tear.

There is a real reason people say you get what you pay for.

That is not to say go out buy $300 jeans if you can't really afford it but if can and want to buy it you should. If you can't it afford a person shouldn't compromise themselves to get it cause its not the $300 jeans that makes the person. But yes there is a difference between the 2.
agreed for the most part, but i'll just add unless you doing some super rigorous work or washing them 2-3x a day, the $30 will last as long as you want them to

while this is true, the conversation is about black people and we all know people who fit this topic of convo

True but I like how ol boy shut down dude who tried to use the wage gap as some sorta excuse.

Like he said if you made just as much or more as that white man, but your spending habits are trash. It's not gonna make a difference.

This broad fucked the old timer whole point up and she didn't even realize it cause she was so pressed to go against what he was about to say. I'm mad he let himself get sidetracked.

She saying black people say what's up to each other when they are the only black people in certain spaces. I think the old timer point was going to be why don't we speak and look out for each other no matter the spaces we are in. He should've just let her talk and then finished his point because she was talking about some whole shit than he was.

Didnt watch the video. But saying a whole people does something is always wrong to me. Especially when pointing it out as a negative.

ok, i understand your pov a lil better now, but like i said, we either know someone or have done it at some point.

There is some truth behind it. I don't think its done to try and look rich but to feel inclusive to whatever the trend is at the time

Back